Forum Member

Default Amboy Auto Extrication School

The Amboy Auto Extrication school is coming up again this spring. Any body know if they will be coming? It's a great school a lot of very knowledgable instructors and great classes from EMS to Big Rig rescue. Tuition is very affordable too. Not sure what it was last time I do know its cheaper if your dept is a member of the Blackhawk Firefighters Association. Info might be available on thier website. I think its www.bffa.net but i might be wrong. if so just google blackhawk firefighters association. i do believe i will be attending along with most of my dept.
    Last edited by firefighterox; 01-03-2006 at 07:06 PM. Reason: editing for accuracy of the seasons ;)
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Give Southern Kane Training Association a call. They put on a class as well. The date hasn't been announced, but I'm sure it would be sooner than the fall of 2006.

http://www.southernkane.org/PDF/SKCT...this%20one.pdf

Forum Member

Default Amboy school

Look's like my daughter and I will be there, got some good classes. I think I'm going to take new car tec, as for my rookie, not sure, maybe hand tools or SCBA's. See ya there

Forum Member

Anyone know where to get cars to donate? there was just a post on my Fbody board and they said they need cars donated for the extractions.

Forum Member

i think a lot of people donate them a lot of farmers have cars that are just laying around and this is a good easy way to get rid of them. I think (not sure) they also get some from local junkyards but im not sure.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trainer
    Look's like my daughter and I will be there, got some good classes. I think I'm going to take new car tec, as for my rookie, not sure, maybe hand tools or SCBA's. See ya there
    a long with a bunch of guys from my dept, i took the hand tools class last year and it was extremely well taught. the instructor was awesome and knowledgible. one of the ladies helping was actually a member of the harlem roscoe team that was like midwest runner up in the auto extrication competition.
    Last edited by firefighterox; 01-05-2006 at 08:19 PM.

Forum Member

Thanks.. seems someone that was supplying cars pulled out on them.

Forum Member

no problem. If thats true thats not good. Im sure they will have enough. They normally have between 5 and 6 cars per class.

Forum Member

Well hopefully they are getting donations from other places... the guy that posted the info in on their department so I believe its accurate.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterox
    a long with a bunch of guys from my dept, i took the hand tools class last year and it was extremely well taught. the instructor was awesome and knowledgible. one of the ladies helping was actually a member of the harlem roscoe team that was like midwest runner up in the auto extrication competition.
    Ramona was probably her name, her husband Tom is also on the team. In fact - I know pretty much all of them on the team in one way or another, and they're all pretty fantastic folks. I should probably say that since we're neighboring departments, anyway -right?

All kidding aside, they helped during the practical portion of my Vehicle and Machinery Ops class. They did a nice job.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801
    Ramona was probably her name, her husband Tom is also on the team. In fact - I know pretty much all of them on the team in one way or another, and they're all pretty fantastic folks. I should probably say that since we're neighboring departments, anyway -right?

All kidding aside, they helped during the practical portion of my Vehicle and Machinery Ops class. They did a nice job.
    I do believe you are correct my dear sir. She was very knowledgable. I believe "the lead instructor" was Marty someone. All who taught that class where very knowledgable.

S8ER95Z. he said they lost a donor? or they just need cars? cause i believe they always advertise for donated cars. I hope they get what they need to because it is a awesome school. i can only imagine how many years of experience those instructors have combined.

MembersZone Subscriber

Marty Schooooonover. (I hope he reads this.)

Lt. on Rockford Fire, again - terribly knowledgable. If this is who Amboy uses to instruct this class, I can promise you can't find a better instructor for this kind of thing anywhere. I already received my grade for the class he just taught, so I'm not kissing his @ss either!

Forum Member

yes sir that was him. awesome teacher and he made things easy for a beginner. didnt use big complicated words but nice simple terms that i understood not knowing anything going into the class. he was pretty good at giving ramona some crap too but it was all in fun and she shot right back pretty well. watched the big rig rescue class a little bit and it looked like fun, cheif took it and said he learned a lot. i have every confidence this year will be just as good.

Forum Member

according to the guy they lost a sponsor. Not sure how bad that will effect everything.

Forum Member

Sorry guy's the classes that I'm going to is not the extercation school, but they do have a heavy rescue class. I have a question for the guy's that have been there. What class would be best for a beginer, female, 18, know's nothing, hasn't had a pack on yet. Hand tool's or SCBA's

Forum Member

Didn't know they had a SCBA class. I would look at what type of call you run more extrication or structure fire? With the interstate running by I would think the hand tools class would be better cause she would use them more but maybe i am wrong. I do know its a great class and she will learn a lot if they have the same instructors as last time. I dont mean to take anything from the SCBA class im sure its a great class with great instructors but 1) i didnt know they even had it. 2) never taken it yet so i dont know. I know not to let her take any of the EMS classes or else she will be bored all day. Had a couple people take them and they said in 8 hours all they learned was if you get water at a fire you can go back in after 5 min and if you get gatorade you have to sit for 20 (i dont think im right on those numbers but i didnt learn it so thats why )

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801
    Marty Schooooonover. (I hope he reads this.)

Lt. on Rockford Fire, again - terribly knowledgable. If this is who Amboy uses to instruct this class, I can promise you can't find a better instructor for this kind of thing anywhere. I already received my grade for the class he just taught, so I'm not kissing his @ss either!
    Gosh, I took classes form that dude when I was a pup! He must be REALLY OLD now!!!
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Well, I checked my calendar and imagine that, I am working the day of the Amboy extrication classes. So much for going to that.
    Lilyogi

Forum Member

that kinda sucks.

Forum Member

Default Amboy Extrication School

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterox
    The Amboy Auto Extrication school is coming up again this spring. Any body know if they will be coming? It's a great school a lot of very knowledgable instructors and great classes from EMS to Big Rig rescue. Tuition is very affordable too. Not sure what it was last time I do know its cheaper if your dept is a member of the Blackhawk Firefighters Association. Info might be available on thier website. I think its www.bffa.net but i might be wrong. if so just google blackhawk firefighters association. i do believe i will be attending along with most of my dept.

To all:

Here is a little info on the upcoming Amboy Extrication School. The symposium will be held on Saturday, April 8th, 2006. The cost is going to be $40.00/person for BFFA members and $60.00/non-BFFA members. This fee includes lunch. If your department is a non-member, this is good opportunity for your department to join the association to save money. The BFFA membership also entitles your department to participate in other scheduled trainings throughout the year: i.e. Blackhawk Conference, House Burns, Grain Bin Rescue, etc........ There are currently over 100 member departments in the association.

There are 22 classes scheduled for that day. Registrations have been mailed out to many departments are classes are beginning to fill. Class capacities range from 20-40 participants, so get your registrations in early. BFFA is expecting over 600 firefighters in town for the day. Over twenty vendors will also be there showing new products and selling fire department tools, equipment, and other apparel.

In regards to the vehicle issue, they need approximately 50 more. The school uses 100-110 during the day. If you have an avenue to get one or more, please contact me at my e-mail address below.

This school is one of the best schools in the Midwest. The instructor line-up includes: IFSI, Rock Valley College, Rockford Fire (Lt. Schoonover, Lt. Scott, and Chuck Lippert), Byron Fire (Tim Salo, Gary Banjac, Kurt Larson, and Tony Dinges), Harlem-Roscoe Fire, Hurst, TNT, Amkus, Genesis, Res-Q-Tek, Homatro, Rockford Memorial Hospital, OSF Health System, and Swedish American Health System plus many, many, more.

That day E & B Fire and Safety is hosting an Open House to show our new 3,500 square foot showroom immediately following the event (our location is approx. 2 blocks from the Amboy Fire Station). We are planning on giving away many door prizes during that time.

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail with any further questions, to request a registration form, or to sign-up.

Thank you,

Nick Dinges
    ebfiresafety@insightbb.com

Forum Member

Just went down to the station and found a list of classes and who will be teaching them for those who havent seen or arent a BFFA member. They are.

Basic Search and Rescue-Ellen Ponell and a search dog
    Emergency Incident Rehab-Debbie Niedermeier
    Extrication with tools of all sorts-RVC Instructor
    Heavy rescue extrication-IFSI
    Confined Space and Trench Rescue-IFSI
    BTLS Acess-hand tools & Patient PackagingChad Hoefle
    Basic Hand Tolls for Extrication-IFSI
    Utilization of Airbags-EMC
    TNT-Hydraulic Tools-Bob Sandry
    New Car Construction I-IFSI
    New Car Construction II-Capt Rich Behling (Loves Park FD)
    Hybrid Vehicle Extrication I-Todd Hoffman
    Hyprid Awareness and Safety-Anthony N. Cellitti
    Basic SCBA Course-IFSI
    Trauma in Review-NIOFEMS
    Rural Farm Extrication-Mark Cermain/Marcia Hogan
    Champion-Hydraulic Tools-Champion Tool Instructor
    RescQTeck-Hydraulic Tools-RescQTeck Instructor
    American Genesis- Hydraulic Tools-EMC
    Hurst-Hydraulic Tools-Hurst Instructor
    NIMS Compliance up to Year 2006-Dana Carr
    Tactical EMS-NIOSFEMS
    So thats 22 classes this time around.

Forum Member

Hello
    The Amboy Extrication School will be held on April 8th, 2006-things are going well for the final plans, as in all the prior years we are always short vehicles when we try to provide 100 for that day. If you do have some access to vehicles please email me
    Jeff Bryant, ebfiresafety@insightbb.com. Also, if you want the registration form emailed you please let me know.
    Hope to see you all there.

thanks

Forum Member

Jeff,
    Is there any way you can tell us which classes we get especially if we put the SCBA class as our first choice?

Forum Member

Default Extrication

yes please note if you send in your form this week there will be no problem

the forms will be mailed to all departments this Friday

thanks
    Jeff

Forum Member

If any of you are taking the new vehicle construction class, gotta tell you Rich is a great instructor he is also the captain of our extrication team I have learned alot from him.
    Proud to be IACOJ Illinois Chapter--Deemed "Crustworthy" Jan, 2003

Thread Information