Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Which leather boots?

I searched but all I could find was discussion about leather vs rubber. I already know I want leather boots, but which ones?

The three I've narrowed it down to:
    Warrington 4000's
    Ranger
    Thorogood

Which is the best boot in your opinion and why?
    I unfortunatly don't have the ability to try all three before I order, so any and all input would be appreciated!

Warrington 5000's are the way to go. Very comfortable and light. Only a few bucks more than the 4000's
    "Training doesn't make you a good fireman, fighting fire makes you a good fireman"
    http://thedarksideof911.blogspot.com/
    FTM-PTB-EGH
    IACOJ

I got some mighty nice boots for Xmas. None of what you listed. They are the Galls zippered ones. They are surprisingly comfy and inexpensive. I like them so far. They zip on and off with ease.

http://www.galls.com/style.html?asso...og&style=SP431

The laces are a lil weird because its a lil tricky to keep them all tight, but once you tie them you dont hafat tie them again becasue of zipper.

They are more towards EMS i would guess and you'd want fire, but figured id share my input as well
    Adam, EMT-B

I beleive he was asking about structural firefighting boots
    "Training doesn't make you a good fireman, fighting fire makes you a good fireman"
    FTM-PTB-EGH
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jmitchell
    Warrington 5000's are the way to go. Very comfortable and light. Only a few bucks more than the 4000's
    What is the difference between them? Lighter?

Quote Originally Posted by jmitchell
    I beleive he was asking about structural firefighting boots
    I figured that out after i replied... but i cant' delete my topic I forgot i wasnt in the EMS forum i was in the firefighters forum, lol
    Adam, EMT-B

Forum Member

Any opinions on Black Diamond leather boots?

Forum Member

Default Black Diamonds

My department just ordered 30 pairs of the Black Diamond Leather Boots. They fit well, very comfortable! Just my two cents.

Just got a pair of the Black Diamond - Love Them. Heel lock feature increases the fit and comfort.

I have never been accused of being politically correct!

9-11-01
    NEVER FORGET

MembersZone Subscriber

Look at the HAIX Leather Fire Boot line. They are sold by Lion Apparel. I have a pair and they are catching across the country. Most comfortable boot on the market. The leather is thicker than the other brands and they hold up better. Also, they have a lifetime warranty on the sole. Crack, tear, worn down... replaced for free!!!

Forum Member

Pro Warrington 5000

One of the Saftey Officers has a pair of Haix and swears by them.
    Last edited by zeekie43; 01-03-2006 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firetacoma1
    What is the difference between them? Lighter?
    They have a power grip sole,a safety toe and the shinguard is raised a bit. There is not too much difference in the weight. Also the whole boot is not leather like the HAIX so will be a lot lighter. Very strong boot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    FTM-PTB-EGH
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Don't forget about Firetec Gunnisons by LaCrosse, just as comfy as the Warrington 5000's, without the cost. And LaCrosse has a hell of a history with boots.
    FF/NREMT-B

FTM-PTB!!

Brass does not equal brains.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Forum Member

I have Pro Warrington 4132's in my gear. Awsome boots

ANY leather boots are better then rubber. Get them the right size, take care of them and they will last. They all rock!

I have a pair of the older Warringtons, I'm not sure of the number, they are leather with Kevlar uppers, they are about 7 or 8 years old, and I love them, however I quit wearing them about 4 years ago, and got some Iron Age structural boots, and they feel great!! I just got wome Warrington 5000's, and are going to start wearing them tomorrow. I know one thing, after a day in leather, I would never go back to rubber. My department just went to all leather boots for everyone...1600 pairs.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee750
    Look at the HAIX Leather Fire Boot line. They are sold by Lion Apparel. I have a pair and they are catching across the country. Most comfortable boot on the market. The leather is thicker than the other brands and they hold up better. Also, they have a lifetime warranty on the sole. Crack, tear, worn down... replaced for free!!!
    We puchased HAIX about a year ago for entire dept from MES (very aggressive pricing). Very nice change from rubber (would never go back). What ever brand have salesman bring a range of sizes and try on boots (with the socks you will be working in) until find exactly the right fit (sizes do not neccesarily correspond well to your AirJordan/tennis shoe).

If you're buying leather boot why would you not want a boot that is all leather ext (still going to be much lighter than rubber and will wear much better than a boot with plastic upper)?
    Last edited by neiowa; 01-04-2006 at 12:04 PM.

I have Pro-5000 and LOVE THEM !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

ok i had this same EXACT problem when i was buyng my new boots. i bought the pro warrington 4132's. the reason- ive tried on every other type of boot and the pro warringtons were the nicest. i opted for the 4132 because the thorogood boots didnt have inner lining and thermal barriers that were as high quality as the ranger and warringtons, plus the leather was just regular heavy black leather not even slilicone impregnated and the lugs were not agressive enough. i also heard things about the pull straps wearing out. which lead me to the rangers 14" pull up. they had an agressive sole, agressive protective toe cap shin guard and it was made of the same internal lining as the warringtons. but the other fire station in dartmouth issued rangers to all their fire fighters. i tried some on and they werent too confortable because of the round toe cap and a lot had worn down pull straps or snapped ones. what was nice, was that the whole boot was leather and wouldnt get wet. but as soon as i tried on a pair or warrington pro's i was hooked. they felt fantastic. and the oblique toe fit my foot excelently. i opted for the 4132 model because it had a shin guard and was the second lightest boot they make, the oblique toe, the exelent fit and finish/quality and extra heavy duty pull straps- the damn things are 3/4 inch wide, double stitched and re enforced on the boot i doubt they will break. the only thing that turned me off to them was the fact the upper part was kevlar nomex and if it got wet it would absorb a little into the material making them a little heavy and taking a bit longer to dry out. second was that all the pro warringtons i saw had a little more toe cap wear due to the oblique toe and more surface contact when you were crawling. but thats a small price to pay for comfort. so far i absolutely love them and would buy another pair in a hear beat. i sized them half a lize larger to accomidate an insole because the boot had a hard insole and im pretty flat footed. id recomend the same too, your heels will get a little agrivated after long hours of hard work. but forget about the 4000's the 4132 is the best investment. they have internal shin guards and more agressive soles and are the same price if not a little more expensive. get the pro warrington 4132 i know you wont regret it, because i went through the same thing you are but i had the chance to compare all of the boots in person.

I'm with Yankee!! I love Haix..good people...good boots!!

MembersZone Subscriber

My department issues Thorogood. Not sure on the actual model but I like em. It took me a few months to get the broke in just right but now they are the best I have had. We used to have rubbers and I can say that our department made a good choice in switching to leathers. Some guys still wear rubbers though. I think its all in personal preference and what your particular department orders or issues.
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    IACOJ

Thread Information