Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Default TEAM CANADA Wins the Gold!

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

CONGRATS TO THE WORLD JR. HOCKEY CHAMPIONS, TEAM CANADA!!!!

Back to back Gold Medal winners!!! WAY TO GO!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 01-05-2006 at 09:40 PM.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Isn't this like a big deal because no one expected them to even medal this year? JD was talking about it on the Ranger game the other night.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Pretty much, yup

And the USA, along with Russia, were considered powerhouses ... FAVS for Gold and here the US didn't even win a medal. Not sure what happened there, they seemed to start out the tournament ok.

I watched part of the Russia/USA game and was impressed with some of Russia's speed and moves in front of the net, I certainly didn't expect the cakewalk it ended up being for Team Canada.

Sutter has the Golden Touch

Basically the boys are saying they just "bought into the system" Sutter was selling. Believed from the beginning and worked hard.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    Isn't this like a big deal because no one expected them to even medal this year? JD was talking about it on the Ranger game the other night.
    Not sure whether no one expected them to medal but Wayne Gretsky seemed to be the only so called expert picking them to win. The U.S. was heavy on talent but did not seem to be cohesive as a team.

As a side note, I was very disappointed in the Canadian fans who seemed to forget that these guys are all under 19 years old. I firmly believe you cheer for your team not against the others. Yes I know Jack Johnson was guilty of a very violent elbow but we shouldn't forget that sportsmanship should transcend the field of play and the fans should at the very least respect the opponent, especially at this level. Once you get to the pros it's different maybe but these guys are juniors. This is one Canadian who was more than a little embarassed by the actions of these so called fans.

Note to George, JD has always been known to exagerate, he often says that he became a goalie because he was the worst skater on the team. Believe me as a guy who played hockey with John as a kid. JD was always the best skater on the team.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofire2
    Not sure whether no one expected them to medal but Wayne Gretsky seemed to be the only so called expert picking them to win. The U.S. was heavy on talent but did not seem to be cohesive as a team.

As a side note, I was very disappointed in the Canadian fans who seemed to forget that these guys are all under 19 years old. I firmly believe you cheer for your team not against the others. Yes I know Jack Johnson was guilty of a very violent elbow but we shouldn't forget that sportsmanship should transcend the field of play and the fans should at the very least respect the opponent, especially at this level. Once you get to the pros it's different maybe but these guys are juniors. This is one Canadian who was more than a little embarassed by the actions of these so called fans.

Note to George, JD has always been known to exagerate, he often says that he became a goalie because he was the worst skater on the team. Believe me as a guy who played hockey with John as a kid. JD was always the best skater on the team.
    For a few minutes, it looked like Wayne even predicted the score right! 4-1 (If the refs had caught the "non-goal").

I agree about being embarrassed due to the behaviour of some of the fans, booing kids is ridiculous!

Who's JD?

Don't even get me started on the Calgary Vancouver reffing last night

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

JD is John Davidson, former goalie with St.Lou and NYR.

I don't know about his skating, but he is the best hockey commentator on TV.

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    JD is John Davidson, former goalie with St.Lou and NYR.

I don't know about his skating, but he is the best hockey commentator on TV.
    Also former Calgary Centennial and Meadowlark Park PeeWee, like me (He looks much older than me though)

Thread Information