Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Please!!!

Forum Member

Exclamation Help Please!!!

Man I really want to join the local volunteer fire department but i dont kno where to begin its not just a little whim some people get this has been on my heart for a long time for personal reason.The company has no junior program and if i join i dont want to be treated like that kid because im only fourteen but if you could get me some tips on how to get on the department and get started it would be greatly appriciated.

thankx a ton

Forum Member

The best advise your gonna get....

First, Find out if its for you. can you handle seeing and exp stuff that some people cant handle? you need to know why you would like to join. What your immediate and future goals are?

Second, Talk to some firefighters. Get to know them. Find out what the age req. is in your town. Find out if they have an explorerr program. BUt before joining get to know them. And if there age reg is 18, dont get discouraged, because if you know the guys, than Im sure they wont mind haviong you around the station.. You wont be able o ride, but your still welcomed around.

Third, Join and put your best foot forward. Always look for room to excel, depending on what your goals are..

My persaonal advice to ya.. You might consider changing your screen name, youll catch alot of flak from the guys round here... ...

Good luck..

Forum Member

Default i kno them already

I kno all the ffs in the department and my dad is friends with a couple i have been onsearch and rescue missons before as a volunteer and worked hand in hand with alot of those guys and the department is hurting for members. They have about 20 now

Forum Member

im considering changeing my name now thankx

Forum Member

Not to push you away, but if your dad is friends with the local FF's, start there, get to know them and if you get nowhere, then move on. Seeing as they know your father, they will be more apt to get to know YOU. And if they know your family and YOU, than you can use them as personal references. And trust me, when filling out an application, anywhere, it wieghs more heavy if you have references from within the company, where there known and trusted, rather than outside.

Thread Information