Forum Member

Default Another fro Albuquerque

Well I'm not a Firefighter, but I wanted to visit the site to let you know about an organization formed a few months ago to honor our fallen heros. Another group has chosen to protest at funerals of soldiers killed in action, causing considerable distress to the families and communities. A group of Combat Veterans of America decided to shield the families from these protesters. Since then the organization has grown rapidly ( over 3000 and growing daily). It's known as the Patriot Guard Riders ( patriotguard.org ) It's now a mixed bag of Vets, non Vets, riders, non riders, Firefighters,EMS, LEOs and just about everyone else you can think of. Not a protest or counter protest group. Simply a shield, an honor guard, with the intent of showing honor and respect. It's still evolving but we've had much talk about extending ride missions to fallen Firefighters and LEOs. After all you're heros too. I've had personal experience with the EMS folks, so I know. My dad was a Volunteer Figherfighter many years ago and I would have been, but the valley became part of the city. BTW, thanks for the great job you all do. Our local AFD is top notch ! Check out the patriotguard.org site and see what you think ( I think you have to register to see the forums as it's not a public discussion forum). Thanks for your time.

Forum Member

Sorry for the duplicate post. The first one didn't show this a.m. so I re-posted. Didn't see an edit button so maybe Admin can remove one.

Thread Information