Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Phoenix 2006 Fire Tests! Mesa, Scottsdale Tests!

Hey everyone, I am currently a firefighter in the FDNY and am looking to make the big move to Phoenix if I could get into the fire department out there. I'm looking for help or advice on the written, academy, really anything. I know that 2000 take the test and they only hire about 1 out of 100. Anyone on the department who wants to help, or anyone taking the test, email me, or post here to share info. With the drop program in effect now is probably the best time ever to apply. I will share my own experiences and advice, or whatever I can. Also looking into Mesa, and Scottsdale, really anything in the valley. Anyway, lets get a thread going, or maybe even a yahoo group to prep for this thing.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am game to start up a group to prep for this...I believe that they send out a packet for their written that you have to study and try to memorize, not sure though. Just a question, why you tryin to get out of the FDNY?

Forum Member

Default Love the job,

but the city just isn't for me. Besides out of control rents and housing (my rent is 1100 for a 1 bedroom, my car insurance with no accidents and NYPD defensive driving course is #5,500/6 months for full coverage-I'm not kidding), I've Been going to Arizona for the last few years visiting and have been planning to move there before I even started FDNY. Love Phoenix, wanna be an FF out there. Anyway, I was thinking, we're not the first people to take this test in history so this "study packet" has to be lying around somewhere. That's step one. I'm not too worried about the physical, we had to do the exact same thing with face pieces and full bunker gear once a week in the academy over here. But it wouldn't be terrible to go over that too. Anyway, I guess email me, if a lot of people are interested we can start a yahoo group. Otherwise we'll just email or post here.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sounds good to me and let me know if you find that packet.

Forum Member

Default Mills,

sent you a private message with some more stuff. it's not the study guide, but just some general info that might be useful.

Forum Member

Default This just in:

Phoenix Civic Plaza, is estimating 3,000 people are gonna show up for the written!

Forum Member

Default Pumped!

22 days 19 hours and 57 minutes till the test! Keep studying that guide guys! Have a few practice quizes's made up, email if interested.
    Last edited by chrisff; 03-27-2006 at 01:05 PM. Reason: more info....

Forum Member
    Ellsworth AFB/Rapid City SD, (Currently Deployed)

i realize its now years passed this post but does anybody have one of these packets but more recent? PM me

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Chris, we have a recent NYFD FF that was hired last year and will be finishing his probation. Look me up Station 29-B shift when you get to town. I skip Heavy Rescue 29. Look forard to hearing from you. Alex

Thread Information