Forum Member

Default The state of Maine is going to electronic EMS docs

The state of Maine is going to electronic EMS docs
    Maine has a newly implemented, web-based, statewide data system called EMS State Bridge. This gives Maine's EMS agencies the flexibility to collect their own data and then upload to the state via XML or enter their runs via a web browser using an online run form. The report writing feature allows agencies to define their own reports, publish them to several different formats, and schedule when the reports are to be run and delivered via email. This data mining tool is also available to the State for statistical analysis of the states 100,000 annual runs. Data entering into the system is scored utilizing a custom validity engine that analyzes the data for completeness. The system was developed by ImageTrend, Inc.

Check out the link http://www.maine.gov/dps/ems/

brings me to my question what are you using in rigs for computer and using to take on scene to record data? I was looking at Panasonic tough books. So what do you recomend.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear" - Ambrose Redmoon
    “It’s like Lego’s for firefighters.” Robert James III talking about hose appliances.
    "Police, Firefighters and EMS are the most collectively dysfunctional group of people in existence and only we understand each other!"

dazed and confused

Definetly some nice features in this... I just hope that they allow 3rd party vendors to make a more streamlined entry interface. After messing around with it, I don't see how this saves any time or makes anything that much easier...
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

MembersZone Subscriber

So, what services out there are using MEMSRR or some other version (like Firehouse). What hardware are you using? Especially interested in portable printers.
    We went online down in Wells on the first. I know North Berwick is using the purchased version of MEMSRR
    We are using the online version.
    27 years and still having a great time in the back of the truck :-)

Forum Member

we are in the learning curve we are supposed to put in effect this coming January we are using the online version, we will be added to the profiles then my FD as well as my EMS service. THere is a little fear with this like with the online burn permit a new thing has a little bit of an unknown.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear" - Ambrose Redmoon
    “It’s like Lego’s for firefighters.” Robert James III talking about hose appliances.
    "Police, Firefighters and EMS are the most collectively dysfunctional group of people in existence and only we understand each other!"

Forum Member

Hope it works better than most of the States computerization.They're still digging out of the DMV quagmire.I'd rather see some roads you could ride on before we worry too much about computer linking. T.C.

Forum Member

I gotta question that kinda goes along with this to anyone using tablet PC's (laptops where the screen can be flipped over and you can write on it)?

Forum Member

Panasonic they have tablets all kinds of great items remote screens that work with blue tooth, wireless, that can transmit back to a base unit in a rig here's the link http://www.panasonic.com/business/to...k/products.asp

Forum Member

thanks didn't even think about those have you had any experience with any other brands?

Forum Member

well honestly this is kind of unique we haven't found anthing as good a versitile as these, these are pretty much what the army uses in the field there is alot of option with wireless options and the romte screens gives us some good optionsto possibley keeping the computer itself locked up and using the blue tooth KB and mouse with a fixed remote monitor in the back we haven't done anything in stone but this shows the options these systems have.

MembersZone Subscriber

Here are a few things to consider about the tough books

Tough book to be heavy to carry around after awhile.

Price is fairly expensive

Convertible styles are newer and the “Hing” hasn’t been proven to hold up over time

My suggestion you look in into the Fujitsu ST-5000 or ST-4000, these tablets are lighter in weight and cost less, granted they might not be as rugged as the tough book but for the price and money you save you can purchase a 3 year replacement plan for $400.00. So you are getting best of both worlds.

I use the Fujitsu and have no problems with it for doing fire inspections in NJ, I also work for a company that does software for the emergency services. If you have any questions email me at res84cue@aol.com and I would gladly go into detail with you and help you out

Stay Safe
    -Pete

Thread Information