Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24249505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1207
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: fairfax county

Forum Member

I am #29 someone else is going to get the best phone call ever!

Forum Member

Got the roster. I counted 15 firefighters and 14 medics. I'm guessing one more slot for a medic! I'm so happy!
    Last edited by Suppressor; 11-22-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Forum Member

Congrats and good luck to you guys !!!! I hope you guys do great.

Forum Member

Just FYI, I believe over 90% of people on that roster has/is volunteered (including me), run ambo, or work at a FD. So I guess IT DOES COUNT.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Just FYI, I believe over 90% of people on that roster has/is volunteered (including me), run ambo, or work at a FD. So I guess IT DOES COUNT.
    It sure looks that way to me.

Forum Member

Does FxCo accept CPAT from other states? Or is does every applicant have to take it at FxCo? To be honest I've never been really nervous about any FD process. Its kinda intimidating. I do not know very much about the county or the process so any help would be great. I'm a medic if the process vary's. Congrats to the men and women starting Rookie School!

Matt

Xan
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic4177 View Post
    Does FxCo accept CPAT from other states? Or is does every applicant have to take it at FxCo? To be honest I've never been really nervous about any FD process. Its kinda intimidating. I do not know very much about the county or the process so any help would be great. I'm a medic if the process vary's. Congrats to the men and women starting Rookie School!

Matt
    They do accept CPAT from other states, as long as it is IAFC certified. I submitted one form California with no problem. You shouldn't be nervous about FFx Co's process. It is long, but there isn't an oral board interview, which is usually the nerve racking part (in my opinion at least). So therefore, the hardest parts are the polygraph and the psych tests. They are long and strenuous, but there is not much you can do to prepare for them. Since you're a medic, you'll probably be sped through the process. It should take less than a year. If you have anymore questions feel free to email or PM me. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Probably 90% of the folks that took the original written had some sort of prior experiance, so not sure this is an indicator of anything in the selection process.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Probably 90% of the folks that took the original written had some sort of prior experiance, so not sure this is an indicator of anything in the selection process.
    Good point, but I doubt it's that high. In past few years, there were many who just needed a job and thought being a firefighter was easy. Thanks to the recession, number of zero experience applicants blew up. Probable cause for whats seemed like 90% failure rate on past CPAT. Just a guess.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just got my letter in the mail for the written test in January....from what Ive read this process will be for a class starting in October 2012 is that correct?

Forum Member

just got my completion letter. i have a recommedation letters from MFRI instructors and county afficals should i add these to my file

Xan
    Forum Member

Yes, you should send those into recruitment, along with any awards you may have. Are you a medic?

Forum Member

No not a medic

MembersZone Subscriber johnsonizzle's Avatar

How long after you have confirmed that you passed your poly do you typically have to wait until you receive your letter of completion and get put on the list?

I had a follow up poly last week which the investigator confirmed I passed while I was there. I'm extremely excited as it's been over a year in the process so far - but this last week has been unbearable just waiting for that letter/email!

Also good luck to those of you in the upcoming class. Work hard and stay safe.
    Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over

Forum Member

It takes about a month on the letter. No new recruit classes until 2013 due to academy renovations. Any 2013 classes have been said to be at the Wolf Trap fire station during the renovations, which last I heard, was still pending county exec approval.

Forum Member

Do we have any idea when in 2013 they plan on hiring? I'm partially through the process now, I had a pretty good test score and passed the CPAT, but I'm waiting on the Poly/Medical/Psych stuff.

Xan
    Forum Member

Does anyone know when the next academy is supposed to start?

Forum Member

Not until 2013, but no idea when exactly

Forum Member

Are they still big on NREMT-Paramedics? It used to be a golden ticket, as long as your background was good.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by marbuckle View Post
    When did you your process get put on hold?
    Uh...I passed the CPAT in February, and they said "We'll be in contact with you...its gonna be a few months before you hear anything."

Thread Information