Forum Member

Default Volunteer Depts. in Tampa Area

Hey all,

I'm trying to find information on Volunteer FD's in the Tampa Bay area (Pasco, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee, Sarasota, Polk Counties). I'm moving to FL in the next 8 months or so and I was a volunteer in CT w/ my FF1 and EMT, but now I live in a city that only has a paid dept. Anywho, I'm trying to find information about VFDs in that area, because I know most of the depts. down there are paid.

Thanks,

OfftoFlorida

Forum Member

Default VFD in the Tampa area

I served the last 4 years in the Tampa area as a dispatcher for Pinellas County. I do have have some contact numbers somewhere if i look through somethings. There are no volunteer fire depts in Pinellas County, I think Hillsboro has a couple and pasco has a few. One thing I do know is that without FL FF-1 cert none of them will allow you to even ride. It doesnt matter what certs you have if they are out of state certs you must still challenge the FL exam and the training has to be honored by Florida in order to challenge the test for both EMT and FF. If you want more information please feel free to email me at skipper_339@yahoo.com or give me a call at 727-647-7000 anytime. I would be willing to give you any information I can find or may still have. I have to do some hunting for it but I should have it somewhere or atleast who to contact. Thanks, Ryan

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OfftoFlorida
    Hey all,

I'm trying to find information on Volunteer FD's in the Tampa Bay area (Pasco, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee, Sarasota, Polk Counties). I'm moving to FL in the next 8 months or so and I was a volunteer in CT w/ my FF1 and EMT, but now I live in a city that only has a paid dept. Anywho, I'm trying to find information about VFDs in that area, because I know most of the depts. down there are paid.

Thanks,

OfftoFlorida
    I do know Pasco County has VFD. New Port Richey is one of them that I'm aware of. That was the last time I checked so that could have changed its been awhile...

Forum Member

Hillsborough County has a few volunteer stations. I am in the process of getting on one right now. I just completed FF2. If you need FF1 they will take you through the course. Email me if you have any questions, I will try to help the best I can. beansurfin@gmail.com

~Josh~

Forum Member

A number of years ago I lived in Ruskin, a small town just south of Tampa in Hillsborough County. At that time it was an all volunteer dept. I would imagine it probably still is.

Kevin
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

MembersZone Subscriber

Default I am an Officer in One

Hi I am John and am a Lieutenant with Cork Knights Volunteer Fire Department. We are located in Hillsborough County and are volunteer. I am trying to find out if you need to sit through class or just challenge the test. If you would like to know more about our departmet let me know.

MembersZone Subscriber

Asheville, North Carolina, United States of America

Question Just wondering...

Someone on this thread stated you must challange Fla.'s FFI test if you wanna vol in Fla. (which is fine - I feel you gotta "show me" you remember what you were taught where ever it was you were taught it). I would like to ask if Flordia is IFSAC or ProBoard?? Just wondering...and btw...NC is IFSAC.

Thread Information