Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Incident Command Vehicles

I am going to ask my local township board for permission to purchase an incident command vehicle. I have a decent relationship with this board, but this request has been turned down in the past as it was seen as a luxury. I plan to address how the incident management system works, and how having all of the needed "tools" to properly manage an incident in one place would make that job much safer and easier. Any thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated... Thank You all in advance for your help. :

Default Just my .02

Can you give some details as to what kind of vehicle you are thinking about? The reason I ask is that if you are talking about a tahoe or similar sized vehicle equipped to handle incident command type function, you might want to think about emphasizing it would be a multi-use vehicle. My dept has a suburban that can be used as an incident comand vehicle, can be used as an R-1 response vehicle and is also used to transport personnel to training etc, if instead you are talking about a true mobile command post that would just be used for incident command, go thru the calls for the last couple of years and show how having such a vehicle might have improved the outcome of some negative things that may have occurred.

Just my .02
    Mark Zanghetti
    FF-EMT
    Goshen Fire Dept.
    Waterford, CT

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mzanghetti
    Can you give some details as to what kind of vehicle you are thinking about? The reason I ask is that if you are talking about a tahoe or similar sized vehicle equipped to handle incident command type function, you might want to think about emphasizing it would be a multi-use vehicle. My dept has a suburban that can be used as an incident comand vehicle, can be used as an R-1 response vehicle and is also used to transport personnel to training etc, if instead you are talking about a true mobile command post that would just be used for incident command, go thru the calls for the last couple of years and show how having such a vehicle might have improved the outcome of some negative things that may have occurred.

Just my .02
    Well, it is actually an old police car (2000 model) that a neighboring fire department has used for the past year or so as an incident command vehicle. I thought it wise to start small and work up from there. My officers and I have discussed using the vehicle to transport personnel to trainings, etc. I know for a fact that we would be laughed out of the meeting if I asked for even a used Tahoe, etc. It would be used to respond to fire, rescue, EMS calls and the like. My department provides fire, rescue and BLS ambulance service. Again, thanks for the input.

Thread Information