MembersZone Subscriber

Default Apparatus Specification References

We are beginning our spec for a 2008 engine and are looking for some boiler plate specs to thumb through. Our last engine was an American LaFrance Eagle, but based on our dealer experience and the uncertainty with the product, we will not be going back. Do any of you know where I can get my hands on some specs for engines? We have some criteria already established, but at this early stage, the more information the better.

We are planning on putting the spec together ourselves this time and not use the manufacturer of "choice". Last time, they had stuff scattered all over the place and we had a hell of a time finding things. Obviously, this was done on purpose to confuse the competition.

Besides, it is too early to contact manufacturer's reps as they will just pester me and the line for the next two years. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    NCVFC17

MembersZone Subscriber

What are some the criteria for your new engine???? If they are similar to the new engine we just took delivery of.....I think I may even have the specs in .pdf format yet. Either let me know on here or email me at firefighter1244@sbcglobal.net.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sounds like you had some big problems if it is keeping you from going back. What kind of dealer problems did you experience and was it truck or service?

Forum Member

Try : J.B. Hunt Mfg Co. Trenton, N.J. ( 609 ) 587-2600 Ask for Mr. Joe Batiesta ! They are a very good company and will be very helpfull in your search.

Forum Member

Default Apparatus Specifications

Visit our website www.ewfac.com feel free to give us a call. We can help @ 1-866-843-1075.

Forum Member

Cool Truck Spec

We Are Going Through The Samething. We Have Found By Going On Line And Looking At Manufacturers New Del. Page And Try To Contact Them On There Specs (most Are Very Helpful) Or Try Finding A Company Around You With The The Type Of Body And One With The Type Of Chassie And Build You Specs Off Of Them. We Are Using A Spartan Eng Chas. And A New Lexington Res Q Body. The Only Thing We Needed Help On Was The Drive-train. We New We Wanted A Det 60 Ser (500hp) So We Called Det Rep And Told Him What The Weight The Vehicle Should Be And He Is Giving Us A Dino Sheet For A Det Moter And An Allison Auto Trans. Just Remember It Is Going To Be Computer Generated, It's Not 100%. It Will Get You Close. It's A Lot Of Work,but Well Worth It In The End. 2nd Time Around. Remember All Trucks Are About The Same.it's The Service After The Sell That Counts.hope It Helps And Good Luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'll save you the effort

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=75067

according to ff807, just spec pierce, and all of your apparatus problems will vanish

really

In reality
    what do you want to accomplish with this new apparatus

Forum Member

Just be careful on how you write the specifications. A neighboring department wrote their "own" specifications and what they got was multiple bidders, (not a bad thing), each with about four - five pages of exceptions, (ooops), because they designed a rig that in reality could not be built. Also, don't try and take something you like from brand "A", and something from brands "B" & "C" and put them all togther. In a dream world, great. In reality a nightmare. If you use a "preformance" specification youy should be ok. Example -
    ENGINE - To be a diesel, minimum 400 HP with a minimum torque rating of 1150 lb ft.

This is just an example.

Good luck!

Thread Information