Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

He yelled, "We have to get out. Run!" and hustled five junior firefighters out of the north tower moments before the collapse on 9/11, saving them.
    Now Roy Chelsen is fighting for his own survival: He's been diagnosed with the same incurable cancer that recently struck an FDNY comrade who also spent weeks digging through the rubble at Ground Zero. "Nobody will admit it, but I feel I got this from 9/11," Chelsen, 46, said yesterday. "We were there when the towers fell and we sucked all those toxins in." Yesterday, Chelsen's family organized a blood and bone-marrow donation drive at his Engine 28/Ladder 11 firehouse in the East Village. "Roy took it upon himself to get his guys out of the building [on 9/11]. It was chaos and he went on instinct," said Robert Salvador, 52, a retired firefighter who turned out to give blood. "I'm really saddened by his illness. He's a great guy. And it makes you wonder what's going to happen to the rest of us," he added. Chelsen was hospitalized with an infection over the weekend but is still preparing for a stem cell transplant operation Oct. 17. He underwent a procedure yesterday for stem cell harvesting at Westchester Medical Center."It's a rare cancer and I'm only 46," Chelsen said. "This usually hits guys in their 60s. "But I'm one of the lucky ones. I made it out [on 9/11]. We lost six guys in our house that day." Doctors diagnosed Chelsen with Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia last Christmas after he lost almost 20 pounds and began suffering joint pain. The Warwick, N.Y., dad of a 19-year-old son also is battling a related bone marrow cancer, said his wife, Trish, a nurse. "It's been a very devastating time for us," Trish Chelsen, 44, said. "We're still optimistic Roy is going to beat this and live healthy again. But it's a daily struggle. And we don't feel we're backed up by the authorities in connecting this to 9/11." Fellow Bravest Lee Ielpi, who lost his firefighter son Jonathan, 29, in the terrorist attack and spent nine months working at The Pile, was diagnosed with Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia about four months ago after suffering shortness of breath and swelling in his ankles. Trish Chelsen said her husband's FDNY drug benefits maxed out in June, even though his prescription for Thalidomide still runs $3,000 a month. She's using her part-time salary to pay $500 a month for extra coverage. Another blood drive organized in Chelsen's honor is scheduled for Oct. 14 at Zion Lutheran Church on Watchogue Road in Staten Island.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

chris0871,

I'm not the author of this thread but I am pretty sure his intent was to inform people who had responded to the WTC of the health hazards. There have been many constructive, informative posts in this thread. Your posts are not included in that category.

If you want to start a thread about 9/11 conspiracy theories, go right ahead. But to carry on with your banter in this thread is being disrepectful to the fallen and the injured that are currently fighting for their lives. If you care so much about those who perished, show it.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Quote Originally Posted by chris0871
    Ok I disagree with your analasis but thats ok you have a right to your own opinion .I still believe the towers fell much too quick considering if you would take a cue ball and throw it from the top of the trade center it would free fall down in about 9 seconds .If the buildings collapsed on itself one floor on top of another how is it possible that they fell at free fall speed were talking 80 floors man .
    Second please explain building wtc building 7 how could this 47 story steel structure fall do to fire damage, and dont try to explain the towers had to do with it because if you look at the surounding building in the complex they were badly burnt but they still remained standing and they were much closer to the impact site ..
    these are very difficult questions and require very real answers...

everytime I view building 7 I fear coverup its so obvious just look at the evidence it screams cover up 5.6 seconds right into its foot print ...
    Pay attetion to the penthouse on the roof it falls first ..

incredible and to make matters worst it's not even mentioned in the 911 commission report, ****ing disgusting ....

if your going to lie at least tell the story about what happened that day ....
    Tower 7 fell from trhe same reason. severe fire exposure to the structural elements.. of course, there wasn't a 767 crashed into, either...so it remained standing longer.

PS: I am not lying... As i stated before..any firefighter with a rudimentary knowledge of building construction could figure it out. You chhose not to believe it. You need to get a life other than believing in whackjob conspiracy theories.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Chris, I find your posts in this thread very offensive and disrespectful.

There are other threads dealing with the whole conspiracy theory bull*****. Take it somewhere else please. This thread is not the place for it, as E40's post right before yours indicates, this thread is for those who responded to the attacks and are experiencing health problems because of it.

oops ... sorry Tom and Ron. Your posts weren't there yet.
    Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 10-03-2006 at 08:27 PM.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Ok I disagree with your analasis but thats ok you have a right to your own opinion
    Thats because you are a moron who wants to think that the Gov't had something to do with the towers dropping. People like you like to exagerate to make thier points....you take a small tid-bit of info and try to make it into a grand conspiracy because most lay people will listen to your crap, they don't know any better. I personnally am tired of hearing from the loud mouth azzhats that claim conspiracy....those people are the true fools. You are beating an empty drum. Get educated on Building construction, aircraft, fire, and demolition/explosives.

The Captain's post is 100% dead on and comes from what we know from science and have deducted over the years. Pick up a copy of Francias Brannigans Book on Building Construction for the Fire Service or a Copy of Chief john Normans book, Fire Officers Handbook of Tactics....the later of which specifically points out exactly, in the High Rise Chapter, what the Captain stated. BTW these books were printed pre-9/11.

Anyone with a BASIC background in building construction, will look at your posts and ask..."are you kidding me?" Also....anyone with a background in BASIC demolitions will also say...."are you kidding me?" Because they know how LONG it takes to set and rig explosives...expecially for two 110 story buildings....THAT ARE ON FIRE. Fore controlled Demo...it takes days, even weeks to GET IT RIGHT. If you think that the demo was staged the night before...you are an even bigger azzhat than I think..and show me that you know absolutly NOTHING, but will believe ANYTHING.

I am so sore at this poster because of his BS. The OP intentions were to info the fire service of whats happening with the WTC, the aftermath, and health effects. Then some TROLL comes along to spew thier BS about conspiracy.
    IACOJ Member

For "s**ts and giggles", I clicked on the link...

The clown on the video stated he is a "demolition hobbyist"...
    I closed out that window asap.

I didn't know there were "demo whackers" out there...

PS to VinnieB: don't confuse Chris with the writings of Brannigan and Norman, as he couldn't read or comprehend them.
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 10-04-2006 at 07:23 AM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

I know somebody who knew someone that asked someone about this, and his friend told this guy I knew about that, and there it is......a true story

OH...and Jules and Gedeon Naudet are CIA plants
    Last edited by E40FDNYL35; 10-04-2006 at 12:08 PM.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by E40FDNYL35
    OH...and Jules and Gedeon Naudet are CIA plants
    I knew it...remember you heard it here first folks!

FTM-PTB

Lightbulb

Guys I'll leave you to your dream world but i suggest you do your own home work look up false flag operations these type of operations go back through history from the gulf of tonkin to operation northwoods these are scary situations that have been well documented and this is just stuff that has been declassified imagine what else we don't really know about .....Again I'm sure your government is doing everything it can to protect you, feel free to go to sleep for myself I will be wide awake in America ...watching this government with all my senses on full alert ...sweet dreams

P.S What does Mr Rodriguez have to gain from this, the man is a true hero and he has the truth on his side it shows in every possible way you can always tell when someone is telling the truth the man is coming from a place of pure light he is not hiding in the dark like these people who wan't to silence him .Remember William was there at ground zero that day right in the middle of all that chaos I for one believe him he wasen't in a class room reading a nursery book when these events took place .
    Enjoy your fiction ..
    I choose Sience...
    The simple facts of steel temperatures:
    1535ºC (2795ºF) - melting point of iron
    ~1510ºC (2750ºF) - melting point of typical structural steel
    ~825ºC (1517ºF) - maximum temperature of hydrocarbon fires burning in the atmosphere without pressurization or pre-heating (premixed fuel and air - blue flame)
    The twin towers was a giant steel grid plus a massive core at its center wake up ....It took me 5 years ...everything seems so much clearer now ...you will see it some day ...I will leave now I promise .....I hope for the best for all the sick and dying I hope you will be taken care of before it's too late ...
    You are choosing weird science. I watched a good portion of the video... most of it was someone's theory and crap. Anyone can take "snippets" of news stories and throw them together in an attempt to validate their point... hell, I could do it and make Mother Teresa look like the devil incarnate if I wanted to.

It is apparent that you are not a firefighter, just another whackjob suffering from a severe case of rectocranial inversion.

Leave us to our "dreamworld", while you can just leave.
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Stop dancing around the question. It is really a simple one.

Are you a firefighter or not?
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Default I know what the answer is...

Fireman ? No. Whack-job/time and bandwidth waster? Affirmative.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Disillusioned Subscriber Steamer's Avatar

Guys I'll leave you to your dream world.... I will leave now I promise
    You lied, professor.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

P.S What does Mr Rodriguez have to gain from this, the man is a true hero and he has the truth on his side it shows in every possible way you can always tell when someone is telling the truth the man is coming from a place of pure light he is not hiding in the dark like these people who wan't to silence him .Remember William was there at ground zero that day right in the middle of all that chaos I for one believe him he wasen't in a class room reading a nursery book when these events took place
    And these guys WEREN'T THERE???????!!!!!!!!!! You're really starting to f'n annoy me buddy. How DARE you assume these firefighters were not there.

The truth ACCORDING to you and your whackjob conspiracy theory friends is not necessarily the truth ACCORDING TO THE REST OF THE WORLD. Grow the f**k up and go away. You are NOT going to change anyone's mind here. Feel free to spread your lies and deception elsewhere, there are undoubtedly other naive people in the world who WILL, unfortunately, believe this crap.

Was I there? Nope.

Am I a firefighter, architect or engineer? Nope.

Do I have a brain in my head ... ummmm YUP.

Lastly, please STOP SAYING THAT Mr. Rodriguez is a TRUE HERO as if he is the ONLY TRUE HERO from that god-awful day.

None of the firefighters I know think they are a hero, BUT I DO!!!!!!!! And if they aren't offended by it .... I AM!!!!

So for the last time, please cease and desist.

If you insist on spreading the word ... start a thread of your own or go find the last thread some other nutjob started a few months ago, or was that you under a different username? The wording used is eerily similar.

Perhaps you should do some more research ... there are organizations and websites that debunk every point made by conspiracy theories.

Do you believe Elvis is still alive too???
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Quote Originally Posted by RspctFrmCalgary

Do you believe Elvis is still alive too???

He's not ??????
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

chris,

Let me make this short and sweet. I was 60 feet from building 7 when it collapsed. There were no explosives used.

This I know for a fact.

Now go *** yourself!

Note, the TOS specify that I may not speak to a "Member" this way. Chris has chosen to post as a "Guest"
    Last edited by E229Lt; 10-05-2006 at 06:07 PM.

Lightbulb

now look at building 3 4 and 5 looks like they were in a war but hey, STILL STANDING ....and they were right next to the towers ....you don't want to even look at the evidence .....just sweep it right under the rug...the white house didn't even wan't to do an investigation they were pressured to do the 911 commission by the families and now there are lies all through that warped document .....look at Bob Woodwards new book ,proof tHAT Ms Rice had a meeting with the the head of CIA just in July about Bin ladin planning to use airplanes not one phone call put through to new york to warn these poor people even after the first plane hit the tower these basterds new we were under attack and did nothing , nothing , They didn't do anything they let it happen ....wake up ...look at the facts for yourself ...look at the media today this information about Bob Woodwards book just came out this is explosive material but what are we talking about some congressman writing to a sixteen year old about sex .....wake up ....PROPAGANDA ...LOOK IT UP >>>
    You know Chris.. I see enough of this crap on my own local community's world state, nation and world news section of the forum.

You are arguing with people with a hell of a lot more knowldege of building construction that you have. You still haven't answered the question of you are a firefighter or not, so I will assume that you are not.

You also choose to argue with people who were there on 9/11 and saw everything happening in real time.

Let's look at the big picture here, okay?

Planned demolition of a single building takes months of going over blueprints, removing hazardous materials, months of precision drilling and placing the proper explosive charges in a vacant structure, then tying all of the charges in with the proper number of delays to insure that the charges will go off in the proper sequence to allow for a building to come down on itself.

The buildings at the WTC were occupied on just about a 24/7 basis.

Riddle me this, Chris....

How did anybody drill and place charges in occupied structures without anybody knowing about it, considering the fact that an average of 100,000 people worked in the towers and adjoining buildings, making no noise and getting tons of explosives into an area to destroy 16 acres worth of building footprint without a soul knowing it?
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 10-05-2006 at 08:41 PM.
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

First off, I'm sure that somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the last survivor from Ground Zero were the firefighters from an Engine and Ladder company, a battalion chief (Picciano ?), and a civilian named Josephine, not this William Rodriguez guy.

Second, what radio tapes are you referring to that the government has confiscated? I have sat here in North Carolina and listened to the FDNY Manhattan tapes from the moment of impact to the collapse of the second tower.... I guess I must be in the CIA too, huh?

And speaking as a political science student, if the government had orchestrated this attack, why wasn't there another just before the 2002 elections? Or maybe on Nov. 1 2004? If the Republicans lose control of congress this year they will surely face many investigations and subpeonas, so I guess we can expect another attack in the next month before elections right?

What was the purpose of Richard Reid, the infamous shoe bomber, was he a government agent too?

...And what fire department are you on again?

Forum Member

And one more thing Chris, in the year that I've been reading these threads, I've found that two words describe our FDNY brothers on the site, LOYAL, and HONOR. So are you calling them liars, and/or traitors?

Exclamation

Why do you continue to dodge the questions asked of you, Chris, or this another question you are going to skate around?

Have some testicular fortitude and answer, no "cutting and pasting" this time!
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Yup.. I was right.. you don't have the stones to answer the simple questions put forth to you, as you and your ilk never answer any questions.
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thread Information