Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 88
  1. #1
    Permanently Removed CALFFBOU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,520

    Default You ask....And you get! The LAFD full length vent. video!

    Calling all "Monday Morning Quarterbacks", critics and fire-know-it-alls...Here is the FULL LENGTH version of the LAFD (and some other agencies) ventilation video.

    Please, please go easy on them. If you werent there or took the video, then you/I dont know the whole indicent.

    As for the music, you might want to turn the speakers down around the little ones. There is a cuss word in the music. The band is called SOCIAL DISTORTION and they got some other sweet songs.

    Anyways- Here is the link baby-

    LA CITY FULL LENGTH VENTILATION VIDEO

    PS- I dont have a copy of this video, yet.


  2. #2
    MembersZone Subscriber E229Lt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Posts
    2,987

    Default

    Okay....now get me the download link!

  3. #3
    Permanently Removed CALFFBOU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,520

    Default

    Working on it.

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    587

    Thumbs up Good One

    Good one Bou. It is much better than the first, not to say that it was not good also. Lots of good fire action. Did you notice the aerial smoking during the one fire that took off after the ventilation?
    K-9 hunt, the ultimate challange.
    EVERYONE GOES HOME
    IACOJ

  5. #5
    LasVegasFTO
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU
    Calling all "Monday Morning Quarterbacks", critics and fire-know-it-alls...Here is the FULL LENGTH version of the LAFD (and some other agencies) ventilation video.

    Please, please go easy on them. If you werent there or took the video, then you/I dont know the whole indicent.
    You are right, they are going to have a field day with this. Wouldn't it be nice if WE could all watch a video and not pick it apart.

    HARDCORE TRUCKIE ACTION AT IT'S FINEST !!!!!

    GREAT video.......keep 'em coming
    Last edited by LasVegasFTO; 01-19-2006 at 12:37 AM.

  6. #6
    Forum Member VinnieB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    On the couch in my skivvies
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasFTO
    HARDCORE TRUCKIE ACTION AT IT'S FINEST !!!!!
    Oh come on......these firemen's helpers were probably signing autographs afterwards.....Everyone knows the true hardcore brothers were the Engine Companies inside........


    GREAT video.......keep 'em coming
    That it was.......but I didn't see those firemen's helpers putting any fire out with thier tools? But they looked good trying to beat the dragon to death with thier wrecking sticks......

  7. #7
    LasVegasFTO
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB
    Oh come on......these firemen's helpers were probably signing autographs afterwards.....Everyone knows the true hardcore brothers were the Engine Companies inside........
    Thanks for the laugh.......what makes you think there were hose jockeys inside?? Maybe they were squirtin' from across the street. Then again, the TRUCKIES probably had these assignments completed before the first engine arrived !!!


    Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB
    That it was.......but I didn't see those firemen's helpers putting any fire out with thier tools? But they looked good trying to beat the dragon to death with thier wrecking sticks......
    Still laughing with every peck of the keyboard........Out here we refer to it as the "RED SHARK", and those wrecking sticks are finely tuned instruments to tame the beast !!!!
    Last edited by LasVegasFTO; 01-19-2006 at 01:27 AM.

  8. #8
    Forum Member VinnieB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    On the couch in my skivvies
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasFTO
    Thanks for the laugh.......what makes you think there were hose jockeys inside?? Maybe they were squirtin' from across the street.
    BOOOOOO......then there's was no need to be on the roof.....see...this proves firemen's helpers are just big dumd animals. Besides....did you see them run when the flames got big..... It never fails......fire meets you in the hall....or at the door...and truckies scatter like roaches when the lights turn on.....


    Then again, the TRUCKIES probably had these assignments completed before the first engine arrived !!!
    I doubt it....they can even get the meal right......

    Still laughing with every peck of the keyboard........Out here we refer to it as the "RED SHARK",
    WTF!?!?!...there's not even an ocean in Nevada....nor are they even close to one...... ...serioulsy though...how did you come up with that name?


    and those wrecking sticks are finely tuned instruments to tame the beast !!!!
    LOL...the only thing truckies fine tune are the remote controls for the TV and fluffing pillows before they go toes up.....


    Braking chops is fun ain't it......I go back in Friday night.....I can't wait....ain't this the best job of all.....well...except maybe for a plastic surgeon in Hollywood......naaaa....this is still better......

  9. #9
    Permanently Removed CALFFBOU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,520

    Default

    Ok...."fireman's helper". Please explain that one.

  10. #10
    MembersZone Subscriber MattyS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    home of the 12th man
    Posts
    158

    Default

    GEEZ...everybody knows, the truckie was only created to help the real firemen, the ones on the inside. Thus, they are known as the "firemans helper". ...perhaps, i will call him....mini-me.

  11. #11
    Forum Member VinnieB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    On the couch in my skivvies
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU
    Ok...."fireman's helper". Please explain that one.

    Sure......Firemen are Enginemen....they actually "fight" the fire and extinguish it.....everyone else is there to help....hense...Firemen's helpers...its used moslty to describe members of the Barge...errr...I mean dumptruck...opps, did it again....I mean Ladder Companies.... You know , the ones who wine like babies, mone like old men, need to be cared for like little children, and are always grumpy, usually because they only got 8 hours of sleep during the tour.....

    Rescuemen are....from Rescue Companies, and Squad are outstanding firemen....out-standing on the sidewalk that is......

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB
    Sure......Firemen are Enginemen....they actually "fight" the fire and extinguish it.....everyone else is there to help....hense...Firemen's helpers...its used moslty to describe members of the Barge...errr...I mean dumptruck...opps, did it again....I mean Ladder Companies.... You know , the ones who wine like babies, mone like old men, need to be cared for like little children, and are always grumpy, usually because they only got 8 hours of sleep during the tour.....

    Rescuemen are....from Rescue Companies, and Squad are outstanding firemen....out-standing on the sidewalk that is......
    I think we need a medic over here...got some serious burns going on.
    Phew....glad I'm an engine guy.
    FF/NREMT-B

    FTM-PTB!!

    Brass does not equal brains.

    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

  13. #13
    MembersZone Subscriber jaybird210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.
    Posts
    2,604

    Default

    Come on; you engine guys all know the joke:

    Why do truckies cut holes in the roof? So they can look down and see what real firefighters do!!
    Omnis Cedo Domus

    www.hinckleyfd.org

  14. #14
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird210
    Come on; you engine guys all know the joke:

    Why do truckies cut holes in the roof? So they can look down and see what real firefighters do!!

    Yeah, the last time the guys I work with said that they took a beating. Im not sure why.
    Just another one of the 99%ers looking up.

  15. #15
    MembersZone Subscriber MrYuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    402

    Default

    I see this thread going for a long long time.
    "Training doesn't make you a good fireman, fighting fire makes you a good fireman"
    http://thedarksideof911.blogspot.com/
    FTM-PTB-EGH
    IACOJ

  16. #16
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Great video Bou! Thanks for posting it.
    Leather Forever

    Lt. Ladder Co. 1

    The opinions expressed here are my own and do not in anyway, reflect those of my department.

  17. #17
    Forum Member MichaelsDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    39

    Default

    I have not seen a single comment about having people on top of the bow-string truss roof.

    That is a known killer.

  18. #18
    Forum Member Dave1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Gator Country
    Posts
    4,157

    Default

    Cool video. But what, no PPV?
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

    IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

    "No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

    Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

  19. #19
    Permanently Removed CALFFBOU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,520

    Default

    Ok...the great Engine vs. Truckee debate. I do both and they both rock. See that guy on the back of Truck 10 tillering....Bou LOVES tillering. Until you do it, you dont know.

  20. #20
    Permanently Removed CALFFBOU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFDLT32
    Good one Bou. It is much better than the first, not to say that it was not good also. Lots of good fire action. Did you notice the aerial smoking during the one fire that took off after the ventilation?
    Was that the scene where he grabbed the handline and cooled off the aerial tip? He like pulled that handline out of no where.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts