MembersZone Subscriber

Question IMS level 1 cert.

i just finnished ics 200 thro fema online....i havent yet recived my cert. i want to know you guys think its still going to be good to send to the state for my level 1 IMS cert??? aslo how do i go about getting this cert?? any help would be awsome!!! plus anyone a line officer?? im looking at being Lt next year for my co Bayview vol fire! looking for good classes to take so i can be the best of the best...lol thanks for all the help!!

ttyl!
    firefighter brian

Forum Member
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree with BONES ... Division can be your friend. I would contact them and get the information directly from the horses mouth. I can tell you that the Division has stated firmly that they will not accept ON LINE courses for IMS certification. They require the class to be classroom based so you get interaction and participate in the tabletop exercises.
    "Let No Firefighters Ghost Return To Say Their Training Let Them Down"

Forum Member

This is the 2nd time I've seen you mention the tabletop exercises. I've never taken any ICS class that had such a thing. Then again, it has been about 10 years since I took 200.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Courses Accepted for Level I Certification

*National Wildfire Coordinating Group Basic Incident Command System
    I-200

*FIRESCOPE Incident Command System

*NJ State Police Incident Command System

*National Wildfire Coordinating Group Incident Command System I-120

*National Wildfire Coordinating Group Incident Command System I-220

*National Fire Academy Incident Command System

*National Fire Academy Incident Command System and Structural Firefighting

*National Fire Protection Association's Fire Ground Commander

*National Fire Academy Command and Control of Fire Department Multi-Alarm Incidents
    (or Major Operations) R308

*National Fire Academy Command and Control of Major Fire Department Operations at Target Hazards R314

*New York State Fire Academy Incident Command System

*Emergency Management Institute Incident Command System Basic IS-195

Forum Member

take fire officer and the new ICS 300 class

Forum Member

Heck since we're throwing out acronyms and ICS courses and you want to be the 'best of the best' officer you need to take NIMS (I-700) training and so does your department.

As for the IMS level 1 from NJ DFS, get it if you plan on being an officer. Take your I-100 and your I-200 certificates, fill out the application on the Division's website and mail them along with a check for $5 and you will get a 5 x 7 certificate that says you have been magically trained to IMS Level 1.

Bones, I agree... never had a real tabletop per se in any ICS class. The only tabletop exercise I have partaken in is the Abbotville simulator at FH Expo a few years ago.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just print out the application that Bones provided the link for and mail it in. It doesn't cost anything so the worst that can happen is they deny you because you took it online. I took the same course and called the division and they said it wouldn't be accepted. I printed out the application and gave it a shot and long behold I now have my level 1 certification. So who knows...maybe it just depends on who in the office opens the mail!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ocfm48
    I can tell you that the Division has stated firmly that they will not accept ON LINE courses for IMS certification.
    Funny thing about this. the Div of Fire Safety requires you to take classes in person (Nims 700 for example) but the NJ DOH has been pushing all EMS providers to get the cert by any means possible, and that includes the online version.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

We had the county academy give our dept, the class at our firehouse and worked very well, took the test for 700 right at the house.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Thanks For All The Help...im Gonna Print Out That Form And Try It..i Have Ics 200 For The Fed. Disaster Workers...not First Responder...this Is The Class That Everyone Was Taking In My Co Should I Get The Ics200 For The First Responder First Or Try The One I Have???? Alos Anyone Know About The New Jersey Officer Classes Or Ics 300?? Im Going To Take 700 Soon Online Thro Fema..you Think I Should Look For In Class Stuff??? Hey Thanks For All The Help Everyone!!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9110E
    We had the county academy give our dept, the class at our firehouse and worked very well, took the test for 700 right at the house.
    Doing the same thing next week.... can't wait to watch the paint dry!

Nozzlenut... your best be is check with your local academy

R.I.P K.Apuzzio 4/11/06

Quote Originally Posted by FFTrainer
    As for the IMS level 1 from NJ DFS, get it if you plan on being an officer. Take your I-100 and your I-200 certificates, fill out the application on the Division's website and mail them along with a check for $5 and you will get a 5 x 7 certificate that says you have been magically trained to IMS Level 1.
    Don't forget you also need three (3) years of "experience".

Thread Information