Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Please help me...I want to buy a MP3 player.

Maybe I should have posted this in the Explorer/Junior section...But anyways, its now time for Bou to buy a portable MP3 player.

I have my heart set on a Creative Zen, so please do not tell me about the iPod. (I dont care for apple products)

So- Anyone else own one? Use the car hook up part?

Like the whole thing?

Thanks!

MembersZone Subscriber F52Westside's Avatar

(OOPS - Should have read your post better before I posted )

I have my heart set on a Creative Zen, so please do not tell me about the iPod. (I dont care for apple products)

Hey Bou - don't have an Ipod personally, but a few of the guys got one for christmas this year. They love them and from what they have showed me about them, I would probably get one too. I to liked the Zen when I was scoping them out(But now that I am almost doubling my rent it is a pipe dream).
    They really like the attachment to use it through their vehicle stereos.
    I guess it alll depends on what you want out of it, video, slideshows, calendars, download email from Outlook or just music.
    Last edited by F52Westside; 01-21-2006 at 09:20 AM.
    Stay Safe & Bring 'em Home!
    Eddie C.
    I.A.F.F. Local 3008

"Doin' it for lives n' property"

** "The comments made here are this person's views and not that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

MembersZone Subscriber pvfire424's Avatar

Bou , does this player use normal batteries? I am not a big fan of the non changable rechargeable batteries.

I ended up going with an I-river with smaller capacity, mainly because of price. My main problem after that was finding decent headphones that I can use while working out.
    I.A.C.O.J. "The Cork"

Forum Member

I have a Zen Xtra and love it. I have had it for about 2.5 years now and still can't fill it up.

I am also not a fan of apple products.

so please do not tell me about the iPod. (I dont care for apple products)
    My only grudge with iPods is what pvfire said, they have a non-replacable batteries. Get a player with replacable batteries because they are cheaper to replace than sending the product back to get a new one installed. No matter how good the battery is, it will die eventually.
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Default We have one.

Bought my wife the Zen Xtra 40 GB last Christmas after doing lots of research. She had been obsessed with the Ipod, but I found the Zen had a much higher capacity for much less cash than any Ipod around and had a USER replaceable battery. Add to that the possibility of hacking into it once the warranty expired and dropping in a bigger HD and I was sold.

I haven't regretted the decision for a second. Sure there are a million cool accessories for the ipod and all you ever read about are ipods, but the Zen has worked flawlessly through a year of heavy use and that's what really counts.

So go ahead, buy the zen. Be prepared for a little ribbing from ipod nation. But then flash all the cash that you saved by missing out on a little cachet. Oh, and let them listen for a while -- so they can hear the better sound coming out of your Zen than their ipod.

One catch -- get yourself a decent pair of earbuds. The ones that come with it are cheap trash. Try the Sure E3Cs. They're about $70 and worth every penny. The sound is not that far off from the $500 e5's that are some of the best around.

Enjoy.

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

If it's just music that you're looking for, I have the Sony Bean.
    350 songs, 50 hours on a re-charge, fits in the palm of your hand, can take it anywhere and easy to operate.
    Got into it for a hundred bucks.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Thread Information