Forum Member

Default Tanker isn't going to be done in time

We recieved a 2005 AFG grant for a tanker, after all is said and done, we are going to be about a month over the one year period to pay for the tanker. In other words it will not be done being built untill Aug. My performance period ends in July. Should I ask for an extention now or wait untill closer to the time.

Thanks

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I'd wait until closer to that time to ask for the extension, but on your 6 month report just mention that the delivery time per the manufacturer is at this time going to be later than the 12 months. If in July it's still on track to be late, then ask for the extension. At worst they may ask for some documentation of the delivery date, but there shouldn't be any problems giving you the extension.

This is the reason they loaded a lot of trucks in the early rounds, since they take so long to order and build. It makes the paperwork trail for the FPS's much easier.

Don't forget to post the picture when it's done, you have to at least share that much with us.

- Brian

Forum Member

Dang Brian,

That was fast, Okay picture will be posted, thank you so much for the quick response. Heck I check to see if you were online when I posted and it said you wasn't or I would have just PM'd you.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I probably wasn't when you posted it, I just finished answering emails and wandered over to see if anything new had popped up before I head out to run errands. Have to hit Home Depot and maybe Best Buy. "Hold still" he said to the wallet. "This might hurt a little bit."

Forum Member

Default Tanker Grant

If you have a successful narrative for a tanker, could I have a look at it? I've tried once for a tanker, but was unsuccessful. Any help would be appreciated

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I have a couple out on my web site in the Samples section: www.firegraphics.org

All of the ones I worked on I can't post without permission from the departments since they're not mine to do so with. So they're all 'donated' by the authors for others to learn from.

Thread Information