MembersZone Subscriber

Smile up and comming Lt.

hello everyone im new on the Forums i thought this would be an awsome way to get new ideas and meet firefighters from all walks of life! anyways im looking at running for Lt this comming year for a vol fire co in New Jersey and i was wondering if anyone knows of any online possible free classes to take for fire line officers??? i have been doing alot of training on fema but i want to expand to other areas! i want to learn as much as i can to be the best line officer i can be for my co. any help would be very awsome! i hope this Forums works out for me!!! thanks for all the help everyone tty all later!

brian
    "sta.26-4; 75 years of courage underfire"

MembersZone Subscriber

Brian, sounds like you have the right attitude for the job.I think that's a big part. I don't know of any on-line classes, but the members zone on this website has alot of good articles and offers good ideas. I read and re-read the articles often, and have used some of the ideas. I'm a Harry Carter fan.
    I have about 25 years in the fire service. I'm not an officer, but I am a leader in my company. Here's a few things that I like in an officer.
    Well rounded
    not afraid to say they have made a mistake
    lead by example
    Good luck to you, hope things work out.

Thread Information