Forum Member

Exclamation I Need Your Help

WE HAVE A 100 FT REAR MOUNT KME QUINT IT HAS FAILED AT EVERY FIRE IT WAS USED AT WILE IT HAS BEEN IN SERVICE I NEED TO GET INFO ON ANY LAWSUITS AND COMPLAINTS ABOUT YOUR KME YOU CAN REACH ME OFFLINE AT massffpm60@yahoo.com THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Forum Member

Default wow

First of all, can we start by asking your name? I'd like a way to address you other than your unregistered handle.

Next, there are a number of very good apparatus technicians on here who work on aerials "all the time." There's a very good chance one of us can help you with your problem.

Can you describe what you mean by "fails at every working fire" ? Does the engine stall? Does the aerial not go up? Does the fire pump operate?

Chances are, you are dealing with training issues in personnel. I am not a KME fan, but there are very few times I have seen them just not work.

Aerial trucks are (theoretically) simple devices. Pressurized hydraulic systems are honestly not that complicated. You push fluid into cylinders and it lifts the device out of the cradle. You push fluid into a motor to extend and another one to rotate. From this point of view, troubleshooting is simple.

Sometimes multiplexed rigs are a little tougher, but not impossible.

There is most likely NO WAY you have a truck that is worth suing over. You either need to teach your operators how to use it, or get a problem with it fixed. I hope we can help.

Good Luck!
    Jon

Forum Member

keep the thing its good for the local economy

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by massffpm60
    WE HAVE A 100 FT REAR MOUNT KME QUINT IT HAS FAILED AT EVERY FIRE IT WAS USED AT WILE IT HAS BEEN IN SERVICE I NEED TO GET INFO ON ANY LAWSUITS AND COMPLAINTS ABOUT YOUR KME YOU CAN REACH ME OFFLINE AT massffpm60@yahoo.com THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
    You certainly need to be more specific on what you mean by "Failure". How old is the rig? Has it been serviced yet for this problem. If not, litigation probably is premature. You need to take the appropriate steps to have the manufacturer address the problems. If your really looking for guidance you can go to our website: www.ewfac.com and contact us or call 1-866-843-1075.

Forum Member

Default not operator failure

the sensors are placed were they get junked up by the snow and road durt the hydrolic pump is all rusted up due to a drain pipe not going to the botom it failed its inspection and the truck is a 2001 and has been sent back to kme for repairs and still comes back and fails time adn time again we cant wait thii someone is traped and in need of a ladder and we cant lift it out of the bed because the sensors say that it is unsafe when all the stablizers are out and the truck is level the truck has been out of service more than in service we need to do some thing before someone gets hurt or killed

Forum Member

Just think You are Keeping Mechanics Employed. Its good for the local economy.

Forum Member

Default moer info on the quint

the quint was dlevered in 2001 that same year it was out of service for most of the year it was sent back to kme in pa the first problem we had was at a 3 alarm fire in an elderly housing apt we could nt get water on the fire due to the handles were fused and wouldnt open kme said the generator welded them closed the ladder wouldnt operate because the computer said the stablizers were not extended this happen a number of times it has been back to kme for this problem too many times to count in 2005 we had the ladder tested and it failed the test and was sent back to kme it returned and was ok for a few days we were drilling with the truck and noticed a larg amount of water coming from the ladder compartment we found a drain or the over flow pipe draining on the hydrolic pump we as a union are nervice sbout the truck the other day a kme rep and our dpw mecanics were walking around the truck laughing and wouldnt talk with any firefighters and blew the chief off i could go on and on about this quint i am just looking for help so we dont get any body hurt or killed

Thread Information