Thread: Another video

Forum Member

Hey Dave....welcome back ! you've got mail !!!!!!! Have a good time ?
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Got it Rujji.......kinda small though.

Trip was awesome.

Forum Member

Great Site hfd38!!! Thanks for the videos!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Default Good Job!

I'm not from anywhere near as busy as HFD is... but I've been to a couple fires.
    I think this fire was fought appropriately and efficiently. I don't know about others on this forum, but I've always been taught in "school" and practiced to fight the fire from the UNBURNED or LEAST BURNED area to the burning area. The guys without turnouts on... been there done that. Engineers have the choice of wearing PPE or not. But if I give reasons why I chose not to wear it then we'd be engaging in another issue.
    One thing I did notice and caused me concern but may be of no concern for anyone else, the power line on the front of the porch that burned through and caused sparking and I could see the house side of the burned through portion hanging. Like I said, to some not a big deal. To me, I'm not a fan of loose electricity.
    Some may not want to enter that structure. There are guys that I have worked with that would have performed an exterior attack and/or entered it to fight through the front door.
    I used to work with some older guys who did not believe in interior attacks. Needless to say, they didn't work in "busy" stations.
    From what I can see, everything was done appropriately and timely on this video. I'd like to see more! (Videos and FIRES!!!! )

*Mark
    FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Forum Member

Great video!! As soon as I saw some water coming out the front window, I said, "Yes they are in there getting it"
    For the nay sayers,
    1. That house was a long way from fully involved.
    2. Pumper drivers not wearing their PPE, I never have while driving a pumper.
    3. I can't see making an exterior attack on that, at all.
    4. Did someone make a comment about venting that?? Here's a clue, when it's coming through the roof....it's vented.
    5. I don't live too far from Pine Bluff, and to put it bluntly, Pine Bluff you are full of crap!!
    HFD keep up the good work

Forum Member

I think after reading the posts the guy who has the biggest coconuts isn't the guy making the interior attack on the house fire (which is what I think is the right move anyway but I only have been a junior firefighter for 2 years so I'm going to admit I definatley do not know as much as you guys, it just doesn't make sense to me making an exterior attack on a partly involved house) or the guy running 750 working fires a year. It has to be the guy brave enough to post videos of his department at work because after seeing how some guys have ripped on him for what most and I think was a pretty well done job I sure as heck won't be posting any videos of my department at calls. Not because we are unsafe ( we are actually very safe and the chief is VERY strict about safety for his firefighters) but simply because I couldn't stand my department getting ripped on for a well done job.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default More videos

Hey guys, if you like that video, then you should check out www.thebravestonline.com . This site has incredible fire pics and videos, including video and pics from inside a live burn training. Most are from around the Houston, TX area (many are of the Houston Fire Department), but it is expanding to other parts of the nation. They have a cash contest every month for the top photos/videos, so tell your friends.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by tailboardrider
    i hope you are kidding? about saying they are by the book? going into a fully involved house fire? what was there to save?? the car out front was the only thing there worth trying to save. guy walking around with no gear on? who ever that idot was pulling hose and grabbing stuff without his gear on need to go back to school and learn that u must have your gear on when working a fire scene, if he was the driver then stay with the truck. that video was about as bad as watching a bunch of vollies that have not had a fire in awhile just fighting fire with no gear on! comon guys really that was a video of what not to do! house like that should have been surround and drown!! no need to have gone in, the guys walking around with no helmets, or anything on!
    GREAT VIDEO!
    Get off the TAILBOARD and go in kid!!!
    WEST SIDE BEST SIDE

www.chicagobomberos.com

Forum Member

Another good video of HFD @ a 4-11 Apartment Fire.

**CAUTION** This video is 19 minutes long showing the arrival and action taken by the first alarm companies. Enjoy..

http://www.thebravestonline.com/HFD411.html
    Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

firefighter7160
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking What not to do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wmS77p6WEE&search=1403

Must be an East Coast thing......lol......Believe they hit a gas line????

Forum Member

no they did NOT ..................to tired to search it out ........is wasnt a gas line per se`.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

firefighter7160
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thats what I said.....hope everyone is ok.

MembersZone Subscriber

thebravestonline.com and firehouse19.com are some awesome sites.those guys from hfd got their s@#$ together.i love the vid fightin fire in the hurricane.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

www.hfdvids.com and www.hfdpics.com are two sites from guys approved by HFD to video and take pics of any incident they can get to. More good stuff on both sites.

That other video has been discussed around here already, as Weruj1 was trying to get out. They poured gasoline in a part of the house (basement I think), then waited so long the vapors were all over the place by the time the guy went to toss in the flare. It was supposed to be a "training".

Forum Member

Exclamation

holy S#$T. geez. i hope those guys are alright.
    First in, Last out, nobody left behind.....

Forum Member

If you search that vid on here you will find alot of info on it. I first saw it in an Incident Command Class put on by the one and only Weruj1. There is alot to the story, I would search it now for you and type what I know, but I am exhausted.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

firefighter7160
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking Sweet Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtDQ2...lated&search=#

This Video makes Kentlands Movie, look like a Preschool Play.

www.pineblufffire.com

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Default Yeah................

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42
    Got some 1.5" and TFT automatics to go with those.
    "Would you like Fries with that?"
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Here's a whole page of videos from Durham FD (Durham, NC). http://www.angelfire.com/nc3/dfd/moviepage.html And when they say, "City of Fire" they're not lying... Durham burns a lot. The last video on the page is probably the best.

And here is one from Charlotte Fire Department riding on Ladder 1 and operating at a structure fire. http://www.the1house.com/McAlway%20Video.htm

(And now I'll sit back and wait for those who are going to jump on these departments because they don't do things the way "their" department does things.. )
    Do it because you love it, not because you love being seen doing it.

Thread Information