View Poll Results: Are you planning to attend the Northern Ohio Arson Seminar February 25-26, 2006?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 42.86%
  • No

3 42.86%
  • Maybe

1 14.29%
    Forum Member

Default Northern Ohio Arson Seminar

Just a month away, I wonder how many of us that are attending might be able to find each other? Rather than bring the previous post back up, let's see some numbers.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Forum Member

All plans at this point are to be there. We will be staying at the Surray Inn. has nice little bar in the same building. O'Bryin's. It's about a two blocks away from the build the seminar is in.
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireguy919
    O'Bryin's. It's about a two blocks away from the build the seminar is in.
    What are the directions to this place from the Convocation Center? I might drive myself over Saturday (we normally take a City car as a group) just to hang out with some www.firehouse.com members if we can all congregate at that local establishment.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Forum Member

Come out the road between the center and McD’s. At that stop sign turn right. About two blocks down its on the left side. There is or was a movie rental place there to. The address is 1065 Claremont Avenue, Ashland, Ohio 44805.

IACOJ probie

MembersZone Subscriber

Both O`Bryan's and Ashland University Convocation Center (Place of Seminar) are on Claremont Avenue. When you come out of Convo turn right and head up Claremont. You will see Video Update (Movie Store) on the left side of the street. Park there, the bar is right beside it. (Green Sign)

Forum Member

You stopping in Tyler to visit say high. I couldn't remember the name of the video polace to save my life. Seem to get a big group in. Last year we had couple of the fire marshalls stop in. Hanni and can't remember the other guys name was tallest on I have seen.

IACOJ probie

MembersZone Subscriber

Also if you're looking for a good steak, try Jake's Steakhouse out on 250. It's right beside Home Depot.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tyler101
    Also if you're looking for a good steak, try Jake's Steakhouse out on 250. It's right beside Home Depot.
    Think they just opened last year at that time. had like 3 hour wait then. We will try it I'm sure

IACOJ probie

Forum Member

The Mexican place across the street and a little further east is pretty good also if you want some international flavor.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

MembersZone Subscriber

If you're up for pizza the best place around is Dor-Lo Pizza. It is just down from O'Bryan's on the other side of the road.

MembersZone Subscriber

Jakes - striving hard for mediocrity, and just making it (imho)

O Brians has good food, and the applebees at the end of claremont is decent, too, ponderosa is better than Jakes, except no beer

There's a decent little deli close to the courthouse

Ashland isn't exactly the culinary capital of Ohio.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pfd3501

East Liverpool is no better our claim to fame is the Hot Dogg Shoppe.

IACOJ probie

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by pfd3501
    Perrysville isn't too high up on the gourmet chain either.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tyler101
    Perrysville isn't too high up on the gourmet chain either.
    If we can claim the Mohican Resort (it is in our district, and does have a Perrysville address)then I'd say we have better eats than in Ashland. If we're not including the Mohican resort, well we do have hmmm,
    a really good pizza shop
    two bars that serve food
    the gas station
    and our (one ) restaurant will be opening soon

well, I guess you got me there
    Last edited by pfd3501; 02-08-2006 at 02:39 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

East Liverpool is no better our claim to fame is the Hot Dogg Shoppe.
    yeah, but you go to Calcutta and then you have lots of choices, right?

Forum Member

I'm in Glenmoor which is the same township. Pretty much all fast food, Except Adrians. Which is good food kinda pricey lol. We claim the only thing to go to Liverpool for is the Hot Dogg Shoppe. We are hopping with widening of st rt 170 we will get more stuff in Calcutta time will tell.

IACOJ probie

Forum Member

Only 3 of us attending.. what a shame... now how the heck will we find on another???
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMedic
    Only 3 of us attending.. what a shame... now how the heck will we find on another???
    Good question I'll be the one wearing a fire department shirt lol. Any ideas on where to meet up at. At the seminar or after which do you guys prefer.

IACOJ probie

Forum Member

Good question I'll be the one wearing a fire department shirt lol. Any ideas on where to meet up at. At the seminar or after which do you guys prefer.
    Looking more like I won't be staying afterwards since I am riding with my crew in a city vehicle. I should be wearing an ORRVILLE FIRE DEPARTMENT work shirt with either "RICH" or "NESTER" on the right chest.... I won't be far from the coffee urns in the mornings!
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

Forum Member

Looking more like I won't be staying afterwards since I am riding with my crew in a city vehicle. I should be wearing an ORRVILLE FIRE DEPARTMENT work shirt with either "RICH" or "NESTER" on the right chest.... I won't be far from the coffee urns in the mornings!
    Copy that. I'll have a Glenmoor Fire Department shirt. Might see my red jacket as well with Columbiana County Fire Investigator. We have a few coming I'm sure if I don't see you first one of my group can point you in the right direction. Look forward to meeting you brother.

IACOJ probie

Forum Member

Copy that. I'll have a Glenmoor Fire Department shirt. Might see my red jacket as well with Columbiana County Fire Investigator. We have a few coming I'm sure if I don't see you first one of my group can point you in the right direction. Look forward to meeting you brother.
    Dang it is hard to find people in that mess... saw you in the morning and looked for you the rest of the day. Got "stuck" at lunch when the first speaker (Trumball Co. Coroner) sat at my table. Actually, it was good to get to speak some more with him. A very interesting person (as most coroners are).

Saturday was a good day at the seminar. So far this has been better than usual, other than it always seems these people cannot figure out how Purchase Orders work... They had our names registered, but marked as "unpaid"... HELLO!!! You don't get paid on a PO until AFTER the service is delivered. The PO number is like a "promise" to pay the bill once the service is complete. This is twice now that they have done this in the past 17 years!!!

Oh well... I wonder what we will have for lunch tomorrow. I am sure we wil have the same old stale, iced, cake dounuts again in the morning. I miss the days when they made bakery dounuts fresh there!
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

Forum Member

Dang it is hard to find people in that mess... saw you in the morning and looked for you the rest of the day. Got "stuck" at lunch when the first speaker (Trumball Co. Coroner) sat at my table. Actually, it was good to get to speak some more with him. A very interesting person (as most coroners are).

Saturday was a good day at the seminar. So far this has been better than usual, other than it always seems these people cannot figure out how Purchase Orders work... They had our names registered, but marked as "unpaid"... HELLO!!! You don't get paid on a PO until AFTER the service is delivered. The PO number is like a "promise" to pay the bill once the service is complete. This is twice now that they have done this in the past 17 years!!!

Oh well... I wonder what we will have for lunch tomorrow. I am sure we wil have the same old stale, iced, cake dounuts again in the morning. I miss the days when they made bakery dounuts fresh there!
    Yeah it was kind of hard finding people. We lost half our group when we got there. Was a pleasure to meet you. Always nice to meet the people from here. Been while since they had fresh dounuts. As for yesterdays lunch I kind of think my Roast Beef was still alive.

IACOJ probie

Thread Information