Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Question Updateing (modernizing) SOG's

My department is updateing our current SOG manuel and I need some input on a topic about personell with peircings, male and female. I have heard about departments that have departmental policies that state NO VISABLE PIERCINGS. and I have heard of policies that state women can have piercings in thier ears as long as they are studded and dont hang below the ear lobe. I know that in the past grooming and jewlery issues have been brought to courts and that the grooming policies can be diffrent for males and females. What does your department have in place concerning this issue, and what is your opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireinvesti
    My department is updateing our current SOG manuel and I need some input on a topic about personell with peircings, male and female. I have heard about departments that have departmental policies that state NO VISABLE PIERCINGS. and I have heard of policies that state women can have piercings in thier ears as long as they are studded and dont hang below the ear lobe. I know that in the past grooming and jewlery issues have been brought to courts and that the grooming policies can be diffrent for males and females. What does your department have in place concerning this issue, and what is your opinions?
    My Department doesn't have set policy. Most of those into the "weird body piercings" aren't usually the type to apply for and get the job.

There are a few of the Brothers on my job who have an earring. It never affected their job performance.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Same here. Can't think of anything to offer on that.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Thread Information