Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default FDNY Investagation time

I just got my packet for the investagation unit. and I waswondering if any of you guy know how long It usually takes fron this point to get a start date for acadaemy. my CFRD expires in 6 months Im hoping to be in by then
    Thanks Bill

Its usually a year and a half from that point....a good indicator is when you take the medical exam......then its a year from there...b/c they are only good for 1 year.......but nothing is a garuntee.

Forum Member

what are all the steps all leading up to acctually getting into the academy for FDNY? if you could supply me with usually how long each step takes that would be great.

Forum Member

well, what range is your list #? The list just made it to #1838 for the january class. They might get to near 2200 for the April class and 2600 for the class after that. Depends. Thats just an educated guess!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bill0818
    I just got my packet for the investagation unit. and I waswondering if any of you guy know how long It usually takes fron this point to get a start date for acadaemy. my CFRD expires in 6 months Im hoping to be in by then
    Thanks Bill

Alot is going to depend on how many people turn the job down. 1 year is a rough estimate. The way i been reading is that alot of guys are getting medicals and psychs. done within days of each other. It normally took a few months between those two steps alone. take it for whats its worth but I think once guys start realizing they are not gonna make it off $25,100.00 in new york city i think the list will start flying threw the numbers. You may be seeing the effects of it now before the first class under the new pay scale even goes in. They got to around list # 1838 for the january class and they are flying people threw meds. and psychs. I know alot of people say that the payscale wont play a major role but I believe it will cuz after all is said and done you have to pay the bills no matter how much you would love the job.

Thread Information