Forum Member

Arrow Question about bunker pants.

Just had a quick question about bunker pants. Im shopping around to pick up some turnout gear and i see alot of 26-28 length size pants. Im 6'3 and i have a feeling thats not gunna work. Ive found one pair or 33's but the waist was 42..lol If anyone can either give me some advice or point me in the right direction of finding some that would fit, i would be very greatful. Thank you and stay safe.

Forum Member

Where are you looking? Ebay?

First of all, your Department should be providing you with your gear.

Second, if you have to purchase your own, get measured by someone who has experince in fitting turnouts.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo

Second, if you have to purchase your own, get measured by someone who has experince in fitting turnouts.
    Aint that the truth. I've wore generic made bunkers and made to fit bunkers. The custom fit ones moved with me, not against me, so I didn't tire out so quickly.

PKFPD
    IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Forum Member

What is your inseam in normal pants? I have a 36" inseam in jeans/pants, and I have a pair of bunker pants that have size 30 in length, and they work perfect.

I have a set of Quaker, that is just like brand new, that I'm going to sell. I can send info and pics if your interested.
    http://www.sanantoniofire.org

IACOJ
    Got Crust?

We lucky few, ... we band of brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

If you can't afford to get gear custom fitted, I'm sure Unstarred can hook you up on Amazon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LtDPSJFD
    If you can't afford to get gear custom fitted, I'm sure Unstarred can hook you up on Amazon.
    LMAO! Way too funny
    FF/NREMT-B

FTM-PTB!!

Brass does not equal brains.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Forum Member

Default size

33motor- my inseam is a 34 in jeans

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireResQ911
    33motor- my inseam is a 34 in jeans
    This set of bunker gear is like brand new. I only wore it a couple of months before my Dept. issued me another set. My dept. used to buy the first set of gear for you.. but after that they expected everyone to replace them at their own expense, via the 800 dollars a year clothing allowance they handed out.

Right after I came out of the academy, they gave me this set, .. then they chose to buy the entire dept. (including those of us just out of the academy) a new set, that they now replace/repair etc. as needed. This happened a couple of months after I came out, so the gear has not been worn since then, and is like new. It has been used, and has seen a few structure fires, but was washed in our dept extractor, before being placed in a container at home. There are some mild smudges visible on the reflective tape etc, that didn't wash off in the machine. I do have my last name written in several places through out the garmets. The cuffs also have a slight bit of soot discoloration to them, that also didn't come completely clean, but over all, the gear is excellent condition. It has no freys, nor has it ever needed repair of any kind. (the pictures show up as the pants being lighter in color, but that's not the case, just a difference in the camera flash) We recieved Morning Pride gear from the Dept, and in comparison, I'd say this gear is very near, if not just as good, in quality, design, and build.

The gear:

Quaker brand

Model: UP-9K-1-77

Date of manufacture: 6-14-00

Outer shell: 7.0 OSY Advance
    Thermal liner: Caldura quilt
    Moisture barrier: crosstech on nomex

Coat size: 38-32-34
    Pant: 32-30

I'm asking 400.00 for the set (plus the shipping expense), which also comes with the new, unused suspenders. If you're interested, let me know, and we'll figure out how to do this.

I'm afraid to use it at work for fear that if it gets damaged, the Dept will not be willing to repair or replace it, since they do that with our new gear already. In fact, I know they won't, so I choose not to use it for "back up gear", for that reason.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    http://www.sanantoniofire.org

IACOJ
    Got Crust?

We lucky few, ... we band of brothers

Thread Information