MembersZone Subscriber

Default IFSAC and ProBoard

I have a question for anyone that can answer it. If you have an IFSAC seal on your certificate it can grant you reciprocity in any other state that has IFSAC training and. Also if you have proboard you can get IFSAC BUT my questions is If you have IFSAC can you get reciprocity in a proboard state ? Like I live in NC and we are IFSAC but Va is not IFSAC they are proboard how does that work ? Thanks in advance

MembersZone Subscriber

Don't take this the wrong way... but the easiest and most reliable way to find out is... contact Virginia

http://www.vafire.com/

In Wyoming we are a ProBoard state, but will accept IFSAC and DOD certs.
    Last edited by mtnfireguy; 02-03-2006 at 04:03 PM.
    Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
    "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

MembersZone Subscriber

I believe the other state must also be an IFSAC state in order for your training records to be carried over. If not then you will have to re-attend a fire academy in that state. I could be wrong so be safe and check with Virginia like mtnfireguy said.
    "Training doesn't make you a good fireman, fighting fire makes you a good fireman"
    http://thedarksideof911.blogspot.com/
    FTM-PTB-EGH
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cpippen02
    I have a question for anyone that can answer it. If you have an IFSAC seal on your certificate it can grant you reciprocity in any other state that has IFSAC training and. Also if you have proboard you can get IFSAC BUT my questions is If you have IFSAC can you get reciprocity in a proboard state ? Like I live in NC and we are IFSAC but Va is not IFSAC they are proboard how does that work ? Thanks in advance
    I live in north carolina to so does that mean any FF 1 and 2 training I receive is IFSAC approved or do I have to do something else for that to happen?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter2230
    I live in north carolina to so does that mean any FF 1 and 2 training I receive is IFSAC approved or do I have to do something else for that to happen?
    Someone from North Carolina will have the definitive answer for you, but in my experience, you only have the 'IFSAC seal' if you pay additional money. In Pennsylvania we were given a form to fill out and mail to IFSAC, in Texas we had to write an additional check to the state and they took care of the IFSAC tax.

FWIW.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Reply

In NC if you get CERTIFIED as Level 1 or 2 Firefighter ( and there are other classes too ie Haz Mat and RT and Fire Officer ) then you get your state certificate with a Golden IFSAC seal on it. However, if you take the classes at a local community college you must complete all the classes for that level to get certified. The reason I asked how it worked is because I have a friend that is a full time Firefighter in Va and has all proboard stuff and NC accepted it and gave him all of his certificates as IFSAC so I wasnt sure if it worked the other way around too.

Thread Information