Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Courts

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Courts

I have a situation that someone may be able to help me out here with. I am from Connecticut. I am applying to FDNY as an EMT. Part of the background investigation is that they need to know the location and name of the court where I recieved any speeding tickets. About 3 years ago I recieved a speeding ticket on I-80 on my way to Cedar Point by a state trooper. I don't remember where on the highway it was. I called the state and they said that I would have to get the information from the municiapal court where the ticket was processed. I paid my ticket and didn't think anything of it. Would any of you have any ideas on how to locate the court house that I recieved my ticket from? I don't know the towns or court areas that line I-80 from the PA border to Cedar Point. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

Disillusioned Subscriber Steamer's Avatar

Check with your insurance agent. They should be able to access your driving record, and most likely the county where the case was heard.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

MembersZone Subscriber tyler101's Avatar

You need to go the the BMV and have them run your driving record. It's like 5 bucks. Or have somebody run your name through the LEADS terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler101
    Or have somebody run your name through the LEADS terminal.
    That would be illegal to do... LEADS use is restricted to law enforcement only.

If it was a State Trooper that issued the citation, I would try calling the Berea Post of the State Highway Patrol first. That is the headquarters for the Ohio Turnpike operations. They should be able to at least provide you with a list of all municipal courts that have jurisdiction over the Turnpike from the Pennsylvania line to Ottawa County where Sandusky is located.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Border Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMedic
    Ottawa County where Sandusky is located.
    Actually, Sandusky is in Erie County (although you'd think it would be in Sandusky County wouldn't you)

Other than that, good advice Richard
    "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." - Vince Lombardi

MembersZone Subscriber

Well, the DMV didn't work. They only have the current year and the last two. I recieved the ticket in 2003. Calling my insurance company is not a good idea because I got new insurance after it happened and they did not see the ticket. They also did not ask if I recieved any tickets in the application. I don't plan on telling them any time soon unless they require me to do it. I'll try calling the Berea Post tomarrow. If that doesn't work I'll try calling my investigator and see what he reccomends.

David Larson

Quote Originally Posted by Capt790
    Actually, Sandusky is in Erie County (although you'd think it would be in Sandusky County wouldn't you)

Other than that, good advice Richard
    Ok... I had a 50/50 chance since I was looking at a dinky little map... I think Put-In-Bay is in Ottawa isn't it????
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Thread Information