MembersZone Subscriber

Default rescue compartments

hello all,

I know everyone always says to go with roll-out trays, or roll-out drop-down trays when you spec a new vehicle. But is there some way to construct a compartment that has a rollout infrastructure? So you could just roll the inside of the compartment out? I wonder if the lod of the equipment would be too much on the rollers........

MembersZone Subscriber

If you can design it, someone will build it. If you have the money. While the concept sounds good, I can see an interior compartment slide out "liner" if you will greatly cutting down on the usable space for tools and equipment. They have slides that can hold lots of weight. Slide Master, the preiminent slide makers, can engineer just about anything to hold whatever weight you want.

Just a thought.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

The rear roll-out compartment on our new rescue basically has the whole compartment roll out. Hard to see it in this picture, but both those shelves are part of the same unit, so the whole thing pulls out together. I don't have any better pics of it at the moment.

Rescue truck rear compartment
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

dmleblanc:
    That's exactly what I was thinking of, exact put that on a Spartan Gladiator type of truck with deep compartments that are also tall.

Forum Member

Hey Chief, You know your truck is yellow, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue
    Hey Chief, You know your truck is yellow, right?
    Really? Hmmm....maybe that's why everybody turns and stares when we're going down the street on a call....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

Why would you want the whole compartment, walls and all to come out?

R

MembersZone Subscriber

RockHopper62:

The whole compartment doesn't slide out, the entire inside of the compartment slides out. An example would be dmleblanc's rescue rear compartment. All the inside tryas are connected, so that basically everything in the compartment is accesible without having to keep on rolling out trays. It sounds kind of lazy, but all in all it seems like a really good idea.

MembersZone Subscriber

Here's a little better picture of it.

[IMG]Rollout tray[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Thread Information