Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780

Now if Ray Nagin and Kathryn Blanco had taken the course maybe they might have understood how to initiate the Federal response and what that response was going to be and how long it would take.
    Nah Have to be trainable for instruction to take.

Forum Member

The FEMA virtual campus lists a telephone number to call and request scantron answer sheets. You can download the courses and teach them in house as previously mentioned. Fill out the answer sheets and mail them in 1 envelope. They will be graded and the certificates will be mailed to your Dept.
    What is that phone number? I looked and looked but didn't see a phone number that specifically mentioned calling for scantron forms.

While I prefer to do it online..as do a few others...I think it would be easier for one of our instructors to teach the class from paper and administer a paper test.

Also...when I go to the website to look at the IS200 materials...the only course available on the virtual campus...or any other list I can find...is called IS-200FW for Federal Workers.

What is plain ole IS-200 and where is it???

Thanks!
    Last edited by 2Chief; 04-17-2006 at 11:34 AM.

(301) 447-1256

Just a note, when sending in the scantron forms, be prepared for a minimum 6 month delay in getting test results/certificates. I called 2 weeks ago on my December forms and they informed me they have not even been looked at yet. The online method is much much quicker.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

So, if you do a classroom setting and send in your scantron answer sheets but they won't be processed for six months .... how does that affect your compliancy? The people took the tests but have no certificates. Can you put a copy of the scantron on their file and have it count? We're looking at doing classroom setting for older folks who are not confident enough on a computer or don't have access to a computer. I don't want to waste the time doing this if they aren't going to count. We have close to 125 people to get compliant.

Forum Member

Looks like we'll just stick with the computer then. I guess it wasn't that bad for those who don't "like" computers.

I'm still baffled on where to find the IS-200 course info. All I keep finding is IS-200FW Federal Worker.

MembersZone Subscriber

MembersZone Subscriber sdff1520's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ksmith31
    So, if you do a classroom setting and send in your scantron answer sheets but they won't be processed for six months .... how does that affect your compliancy? The people took the tests but have no certificates. Can you put a copy of the scantron on their file and have it count? We're looking at doing classroom setting for older folks who are not confident enough on a computer or don't have access to a computer. I don't want to waste the time doing this if they aren't going to count. We have close to 125 people to get compliant.
    Do a classroom style course, have them complete the test and then have someone enter the information in the computer for them. We did a classroom setting and sent folks home with the web address so they could enter there own test information online, or if they didn't have internet access we had a couple of guys on our department take the filled out tests and enter them in the computer for them. All you need is name, address, SSN and a copy of the test. Most of the certificates have been showing up within a week.

.... how does that affect your compliancy?
    We had permission from our county training academy to host the course, and then they furnished Certificates of Completion. Not the same as the Fed cert, but at least it was something to show they had attended the training.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

You might also try conducting your training at the local high school or community college computer lab as a group excercise. I have several departments here in Flaoida who have chosen that route and it is very efficient and fast.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

You might also try conducting your training at the local high school or community college computer lab as a group excercise. I have several departments here in Florida who have chosen that route and it is very efficient and fast.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Thanks for the links ksmith31! For some reason I was able to find all but the IS-200 course. Now I've got all of them.

We already have 700 as a department...but were unaware of the 100,200 needs. Looks like I know what our next two training sessions will be about!

Thread Information