Forum Member

Default NIMS compliance for volunteer dept.

I know that we have to be NIMS compliant for future federal funding. But how??? I've looked through the documents on the NIMS website and get nothing but conflicting answers from the agency that's supposed to administer it.

FEMA says, in the FAQ section, that as volunteers we aren't required to comply with NIMS and ICS. However, they turn right around and say we should have ICS-700 and ICS-100.

So can anybody give us a straight answer? What exactly do we have to do to be in compliance with this? Like most depts. we're only doing it for the funding.

Do we have to pass a resolution stating that we will follow NIMS protocols? I guess my question is how will they know (for grants) that we are in compliance?

And who takes which courses?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

IS700 & 100 at a minimum for all personnel. 200 for anyone that could be the IC at an incident.

All are available for free at traing.fema.gov through the NETC.

MembersZone Subscriber

Your governing board adopting NIMS and the IS-700, ICS-100, 200, etc courses are part of compliance. NIMS also requires that you use ICS in all your emergency operations and training. NIMS Compliance
    Follow the link for NIMS Tribal Government and Local Jurisdiction Compliance Activities. There is no distinction beween career, volunteer, or part time FD's for compliance.
    Last edited by KenNFD1219; 02-07-2006 at 05:38 PM.
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

MembersZone Subscriber

I guess my question is how will they know (for grants) that we are in compliance?
    Documentation

If you recieve a grant and state that you are in compliance you should have in your file copies of training records, copies of certificates and copies of SOP's/SOG's to prove that the training and procedures have been completed.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
    "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KenNFD1219
    There is no distinction beween career, volunteer, or part time FD's for compliance.
    Then why does FEMA say this in their NIMS FAQ section?

"As volunteers, you are not required to comply with the National Incident Management System and Incident Command System. However, volunteers are part of the emergency response community and they should understand the common terminology and role responsibilities inherent in both systems. We strongly recommend that volunteers, especially S&R and CERT volunteers, take ICS-100, ICS-200 and IS-700. They should take IS-800 if they are a part of a command structure."

Please understand, I'm not arguing with you at all. This is a learning process for me and everyone else in our dept. We're just trying to understand all of this. It seems like they could've made it somewhat simpler. All of the surrounding departments are in the same boat that we are - they don't have a clue what to do. We aren't getting any help from the local or state OEP offices, either.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Well, very little is actually 'required' of volunteers, almost everything is well, voluntary.

To exist and respond, NIMS is not needed. But if you want to see federal funds you need to comply. That's the catch.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HallSummitLA
    "As volunteers, you are not required to comply with the National Incident Management System and Incident Command System. However, volunteers are part of the emergency response community and they should understand the common terminology and role responsibilities inherent in both systems. We strongly recommend that volunteers, especially S&R and CERT volunteers, take ICS-100, ICS-200 and IS-700. They should take IS-800 if they are a part of a command structure."

Please understand, I'm not arguing with you at all. This is a learning process for me and everyone else in our dept. We're just trying to understand all of this. It seems like they could've made it somewhat simpler. All of the surrounding departments are in the same boat that we are - they don't have a clue what to do. We aren't getting any help from the local or state OEP offices, either.
    The key point here is in the FAQ shown... they (FEMA) are referring to volunteers in CERT programs and Search and Rescue. These are not "formal" emergency responders in FEMA's eyes. Fire Departments are.

The IS 100 and 700 classes are easy to complete online... get it done, document it and move on to bigger and better things.
    Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
    "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

Forum Member

If you go to the links above and take the on-line course it will not be an issue. The course is real simple and doesn't take that long. I am from a Vollie Department and we had all of ours guys do it. Some of our members are not computer literate so we teamed them up with a member that has an internet conection and they helped them thru it.
    When opening up the roof remember plywood comes in 4' X 8' sheets.

www.94firedept.com

IACOJ proud member

Forum Member

The easiest way to understand anything that the feds want the rest of us to do is think of it like a Rube Goldberg cartoon (look it up if you havnt heard of him) Its the over complification of a simple task. http://www.rube-goldberg.com/html/gallery.htm

MembersZone Subscriber

99 out of a 100 fire departments that I know aren't compliant then.

How am I supposed to track down and make guys who don't come around that often, have busy schedules, or even no internet access to complete NIMS? Good luck getting the "older" active members to take it. We recently aquired the internet at the station, but it'll be next to impossible to get everyone to sit down and take the on line class. My department isn't the busy, hard core staffed 24 hours type station. And what about new members, and juniors? "hey, before you take essentials class (PA), or FFI, we need you to take NIMS IS-1,000,000."

Christ, we have trouble getting guys to go to drill sometimes. Anyone else understand or know what I'm getting at?

Forum Member

Poland, right next to Russia, Town that is.

Exclamation

Yup we all know what your talking about. But as they say nothing in this world is "free". After all it's not our money in the program it's the taxpayers and if you want a slice of that "money pie" you will have to live up to some conditions set forth by the grant program. ie: IS700, ICS100 & 200, and possibly the IS800 NRP. So how do you do that?

First you could sit every one down in front of a computer to individually take those classes, or you could coordinate with a local skroowl or college and use a computer lab to complete the courses in mass. Another option is to download the 700 and 100 and teach it in paper form and Powerpoint to your members using a local instructor that fits their description. All this information can be obtained on the nims integration center website.

Now don't forget to change or integrate your SOP's, SOG's, FOG's with current nims terminology and start using ICS for every incident you roll on.
    Oh yeah, and your AHJ has to formally adopt NIMS and ICS for its incident management template with a resolution or other official motion.

Okay take a breath and count to ten as more compliance activities will be coming with 2007,2008,2009,2010 etc...

Plus remember its "free" money
    Always confident, ever vigilant.

Forum Member

Default Whoooaaaa.....hold it now

Let's not start Freakin out here.......

YES you need to be NIMS comp. if you want Federal Money.

YES it applies to FIRE/EMS/COPS, as well as Public Works, City Managers, Village/District boards, and even the Parks Depts.

HOW you get the training is simple also; talk with your county or even State Emergency Mgmnt / ESDA / EMA folks. They can train the above mentioned people, and IF NOT, They should know who can.

You show compliance by passing an ordinance, resoultion etc formally stating your city, town, village, etc. accepts it, and you keep copies of everyone's cert. which can be obtained by everyone going through online course or by above mentioned on site training.

The N.I.M.S. website has wealth of knowledge and allows you to sign up for email alerts.

Forum Member

Alright I have 100, 200, and 700 done. I am working on 800. It also mentions something about 300, and 400 but I cant find those courses online. Is that something I have to take through a sitdown class or am I just missing it online? The other thing that I am hearing is that you have to document the use of NIMS on every call. Anyone have any idea how that is supposed to be done? Or if there are any forms out there to do this. My big thing is that I am on an Ambulance and Rescue how do I use NIMS on a simple call with one truck and two responders? I want to learn all I can about this so I can assure that we arnt getting left behind the rest of the country. Any help anyone can offer would be great. And yes I have been to the website many time I just want to make sure that I am clear.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default It's Not That Hard

The FEMA virtual campus lists a telephone number to call and request scantron answer sheets. You can download the courses and teach them in house as previously mentioned. Fill out the answer sheets and mail them in 1 envelope. They will be graded and the certificates will be mailed to your Dept.

MembersZone Subscriber

ICS-300 is a 3-day class, ICS-400 is also a 3-day class. I beleive that if offered together, it is only 4-days. I do not know if it is or ever will be available on-line. I'm glad there is a big push for ICS and I have all my departments members at 700 and 100 with the officers at 200. Hard for me to get excited about 300 and 400 as it has no practical application for my department. I have a feeling that there will not be a shortage of trained people from the state or federal level to fill in the ICS boxes if things get so bad here that we are setting up base camps and calling for air-support. On a good day, I may get a total of 22 police, fire ,and EMS people to respond for a major incident.

There is no form to document NIMS. NIMS is a concept and a group of programs, some of which have nothing to do with local responders. You cannot assume command an say "OK, now we are using NIMS." Do you use ICS? Is the use of ICS documented in your SOP's/SOG's? Do you run excercises and drill using ICS? If so, you are complying with NIMS.

This page NIMS Online has plenty of NIMS information.
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"

MembersZone Subscriber

Folks it is all as simple as this:

Homeland Security Presdiential Directive ( HSPD)-5 and 8 states ( and remember this is a presidential decree so it is in essence "a law") that you MUST be in full compliance with ALL existing NIMS mandates by Oct 1, 2006 or you will be DENIED the ability to even apply for ANY Federal funding streams.

2005 was a "soft compliance" year ( read that to mean nobody was looking over your shoulder to see if what you were saying is true) but, this year it will be different. As stated above you need to DOCUMENT any and all efforts you have or are making towards full complaince with these mandates.

Recall that if you are working in an online environment, ( IE the Virtual Campus NIMS courses) that they (DHS) can simply search the files there for your department and members and instantly tell how many of your people have actually taken the courses. So, if you are stating in your AFG that you have 40 members, and they don't see 40 certificates on file for them, bingo. You just got caught!

Remember, when you sign off on that application you are stating, and certifiying, that ALL information on the application is "true and correct". Get caught lying here and guess what? You just committed "fraud" in a Federal program and you will get a visit from the "men with shiny bracelets" and take Martha Stewart's place in jail and lose all future opportunities for your department to EVER apply again to that or any other Federal grnat program.

Regardless of if you believe in NIMS or not, the simple truth is you MUST comply, or face expulsion from eligibility to apply to the funding streams.

This is a matter of "financial survival" for most of you. Volunteer Departs; I can feel your pain regarding barley getting members to show up for a fire but, it is a simple task for you to MANDATE that your members must take and pass these courses in order to continue to be "members" of your department. You are running the risk of losing for everyone, including your citizens, if you fail to comply with these standards.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780
    Homeland Security Presdiential Directive ( HSPD)-5 and 8 states ( and remember this is a presidential decree so it is in essence "a law") that you MUST be in full compliance with ALL existing NIMS mandates by Oct 1, 2006 or you will be DENIED the ability to even apply for ANY Federal funding streams.
    As of now, only federal grants and activities relating to emergency preparedness are tied to NIMS compliance.

Reccomended FY 2005 NIMS activities (you should have done this by 10/1/2006)
    •Institutionalize the use of the Incident Command System;
    •Complete the NIMS awareness course IS-700 NIMS: An Introduction;
    •Formally recognize NIMS and adopt NIMS principles and policies;
    •Establish a NIMS compliance baseline by determining the NIMS requirements that have already been met; and
    •Develop a strategy and timeline for full NIMS implementation.

Thats not too bad-every fire, police and EMS agency should be able to meet these goals.

Now for FY 2006 (10/1/06-9/30/07) requirements:

1) Community Adoption
    Required Tribal/Local Jurisdiction Action for FY 2006 Compliance:
    •Adopt NIMS at the community level for all government departments and agencies; as well as promote and encourage NIMS adoption by associations, utilities, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and private sector incident management and response organizations.
    Guidance and Technical Assistance Resources:
    •Adopt NIMS through executive order, proclamation, resolution, or legislation as the jurisdiction's official
    all-hazards, incident response system.
    •Develop a baseline assessment of the NIMS implementation requirements that your jurisdiction already meets
    and using that baseline, develop a strategy for full NIMS implementation and maintenance.
    •The NIMS Capability Assessment Support Tool (NIMCAST) is available at: www.fema.gov/nimcast/index.jsp
    •Sample templates for executives: www.fema.gov/nims/nims_toolsandtemplates.shtm
    Future Activities:
    •Amend or re-authorize, as necessary.

2) Command and Management:
    •Incident Command System (ICS): Manage all emergency incidents and preplanned (recurring/special) events in
    accordance with ICS organizational structures, doctrine, and procedures, as defined in NIMS. ICS
    implementation must include the consistent application of Incident Action Planning and Common Communications
    Plans.
    •Institutionalize ICS: Terms and definitions: www.fema.gov/txt/nims/institutionalizing_ics.txt
    •Incorporate concepts and principles of NIMS Chapter II, Command and Management including ICS characteristics
    such as common terminology, modular organization, management by objectives, incident action planning,
    manageable span of control, pre-designated incident facilities, comprehensive resource management, integrated
    communications, transfer of command, unity of command, unified command, personnel and resource accountability,
    and information and intelligence management.
    Future Activities:
    •Continue to manage incidents and events using ICS.

3) Command and Management
    •Multi-agency Coordination System: Coordinate and support emergency incident and event management through the
    development and use of integrated multi-agency coordination systems, i.e develop and maintain connectivity
    capability between local Incident Command Posts (ICPs, local 911 Centers, local Emergency Operations Centers
    (EOCs) and state EOC.
    •NIMS Chapter II, Command and Management.
    Future Activities:
    •Revise and update processes and plans.
    •The Emergency Management Institute (EMI) is currently developing an independent study and classroom course
    on NIMS Multi-Agency Coordination Systems. Additional information will be posted on the NIMS Integration
    Center Web page when available. See http://www.fema.gov/nims
    •The NIMS Integration Center will feature best practices on the NIMS Web page. See http://www.fema.gov/nims

4) Command and Management
    •Public Information System: Implement processes, procedures, and/or plans to communicate timely, accurate
    information to the public during an incident through a Joint Information System and Joint Information Center.
    •NIMS Chapter II, Command and Management.
    •Public Information Training (E388, Advanced Public Information Officers and G290, Basic Public Information
    Officers)
    Future Activities:
    •Revise and update processes and plans.
    •The Emergency Management Institute (EMI) is currently developing an independent study and classroom course
    on NIMS Public Information Systems. Additional information will be posted on the NIMS Integration Center Web
    page when available. See http://www.fema.gov/nims
    •Information on who should complete these courses also will be posted on the NIMS Web page.
    •The NIMS Integration Center will feature best practices on the NIMS Web page. See http://www.fema.gov/nims

5) Preparedness: Planning
    •Establish the community’s NIMS baseline against the FY 2005 and FY 2006 implementation requirements.
    •Assess which NIMS implementation requirements your community already meets. The NIMS Capability Assessment
    Support Tool (NIMCAST) is available to facilitate this: www.fema.gov/nimcast/index.jsp
    Future Activities:
    •Update strategy as appropriate and close capability gap.

6) Preparedness: Planning
    •Develop and implement a system to coordinate all federal preparedness funding to implement the NIMS across
    the community.
    •A list of the Federal preparedness grant programs that have been reported to the NIC are available on the
    NIMS Web page at: www.fema.gov/nims
    •2005 Homeland Security Grant Program Guidance: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/odp/docs/fy05hsgp.pdf
    •National Preparedness Goal and National Preparedness Guidance:
    http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/odp/assessments/hspd8.htm
    •Catalog of Federal Domestic Preparedness Assistance (CFDA): http://www.cfda.gov

7) Preparedness: Planning
    •Revise and update plans and SOPs to incorporate NIMS components, principles and policies, to include
    planning, training, response, exercises, equipment, evaluation, and corrective actions
    •2005 Homeland Security Grant Program Guidance: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/odp/docs/fy05hsgp.pdf
    Future Activities:
    •Update plans and SOPs, incorporating lessons learned and best practices from exercises and response
    operations.
    •Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) guidance is under development and will be posted on the NIMS Integration
    Center Web page at: www.fema.gov/nims

8) Preparedness: Planning
    •Participate in and promote intrastate and interagency mutual aid agreements, to include agreements with the
    private sector and non-governmental organizations.
    •EMAC model state-county mutual aid deployment contract: http://www.emacweb.org/?123
    •EMAC model intrastate mutual aid legislation:
    http://www.emacweb.org/docs/NEMA%20P...odel-Final.pdf
    Future Activities:
    •Expand mutual aid agreements beyond support services and equipment to include information sharing.
    •Support and adopt the ongoing efforts of the NIMS Integration Center (NIC) to develop a national
    credentialing system.
    •Credentialing guidance is under development by the NIMS Integration Center. Throughout the development
    process, drafts will be posted on the NIMS Web page for review and comment by interested stakeholders.
    •Credential first responders in conformance with national standards.

9) Preparedness: Training
    •Complete IS-700 NIMS: An Introduction
    •On-line course: http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is700.asp
    •NIMS National Standard Curriculum Training Development Guidance:
    http://www.fema.gov/pdf/nims/nims_tr...evelopment.pdf
    •All personnel with a direct role in emergency preparedness, incident management, or response must complete
    this training
    Future Activities:
    •Ensure that NIMS training is part of the program for all new employees, recruits and first responders who
    have a direct role in emergency preparedness, incident management, or response.
    •The NIMS Integration Center is working to establish a mechanism that will allow State and local jurisdictions
    direct access to course completion data. Additional information will be posted on the NIMS Integration Center
    Web page when available. See http://www.fema.gov/nims

10) Preparedness: Training
    •Complete IS-800 NRP: An Introduction
    •On-line course available at: http://www.training.fema.gov/emiweb/IS/is800.asp
    •The NIMS Web page provides for who should complete this training. http://www.fema.gov/nims
    Future Activities:
    •Ensure that NRP training is part of the program for all appropriate new employees, recruits and first
    responders.
    •The NIMS Integration Center is working to establish a mechanism that will allow State and local jurisdictions
    direct access to course completion data. Additional information will be posted on the NIMS Integration Center
    Web page when available. See http://www.fema.gov/nims

11) Preparedness: Training
    •Complete ICS 100 and ICS 200 Training
    •ICS 100: http://www.training.fema.gov/emiweb/IS/is100.asp
    •ICS 100: http://www.usfa.fema.gov/training/nfa
    •ICS 200: http://www.training.fema.gov/emiweb/IS/is200.asp
    •ICS 200: http://www.usfa.fema.gov/training/nfa
    •The NIMS Web page provides guidance for who should complete this training. http://www.fema.gov/nims
    Future Activities:
    •Complete ICS 300 and ICS 400.
    •Complete training that may be required to satisfy credentialing standards.
    •Ensure that ICS training is part of the program for all new employees, recruits and first responders.
    •The NIMS Integration Center is working to establish a mechanism that will allow States and local
    jurisdictions direct access to course completion data. Additional information will be posted on the NIMS
    Integration Center Web page when available. See http://www.fema.gov/nims

12) Preparedness: Exercises
    •Incorporate NIMS/ICS into all tribal, local and regional training and exercises.
    •NIMS training information: www.fema.gov/nims/nims_training.shtm
    •DHS ODP Exercise Information: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/odp/exercises.htm
    Future Activities:
    •Continue to incorporate NIMS into all local training and exercises, to include drills, tabletop exercises,
    functional exercises, and full-scale exercises.

13) Preparedness: Exercises
    •Participate in an all-hazard exercise program based on NIMS that involves responders from multiple
    disciplines and multiple jurisdictions.
    htp://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/odp/assessments/hspd8.htm
    Future Activities:
    •Continue to participate in NIMS -oriented exercises, to include drills, tabletop exercises, functional
    exercises, and full-scale exercises.

14) Preparedness: Exercises
    •Incorporate corrective actions into preparedness and response plans and procedures.

15) Resource Management
    •Inventory community response assets to conform to homeland security resource typing standards.
    •Propose modifications or new resource definitions to the NIMS Integration Center for inclusion in the
    resource typing effort.
    •Resource typing definitions: http://www.fema.gov/nims/mutual_aid.shtm
    Future Activities:
    •Develop and implement a resource inventory, ordering, and tracking system.
    •The Emergency Management Institute (EMI) is currently developing a course on NIMS Resource Management.
    Additional information will be posted on the NIMS Integration Center Web page at http://www.fema.gov/nims
    when the course is available.

16) Resource Management
    •To the extent permissible by law, ensure that relevant national standards and guidance to achieve equipment,
    communication, and data interoperability are incorporated into tribal and local acquisition programs.
    •ODP Equipment Program: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/odp/grants_goals.htm
    •DHS SAFECOM Program: http://www.safecomprogram.gov/SAFECOM

17) Communication & Information Management
    •Apply standardized and consistent terminology, including the establishment of plain English communications
    standards across public safety sector.
    •Incident response communications (during exercises and actual incidents) should feature plain English
    commands so they will be able to function in a multi-jurisdiction environment. Field manuals and training
    should be revised to reflect the plain English standard.
    •‘10’ codes may continue to be used during non-emergency, internal department communications.
    Future Activities:
    •Continue featuring common terminology and plain English commands for all response activities.
    •The Emergency Management Institute (EMI) is currently developing a course on NIMS Communication and
    Information Management. Additional information will be posted on the NIMS Integration Center Web page at
    http://www.fema.gov/nims when the course is available.
    -------------------

MembersZone Subscriber

KenNFD1219, since this is a forum for fire departments, and we are discussing "Fire Act" grants ,that come from DHS ( IE Preparedness), use of the term "ANY" funding streams, is in fact accurate.LOL!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Kurt-good point. However, I would not be suprised that, within a few years, NIMS complaince is a requiremnt for all, if not most, federal funding.
    -------------------

MembersZone Subscriber

Essentially it is already. For example: your Mayor/city council (or whatever other similar jurisdiction for which you work) is "involved". For one they are part of the chain of command of the FD and the community, particularily for emergency mgmt purposes. The Mayor needs IS700/ICS100/ICS200 the majority of the council needs IS700/ICS100. If not they you the FD are not in compliance from the standpoint of any DHS grants including AFG. The City/gov't body is also not incompliance the NIMS which is a requirement for grant such as Community Development Block Grants, Hazard Mitigation Grants etc.

Got the city council and that nasty ole Mayor on board with that NIMS. I've had my IS700/ICS100/ICS200. Now have to get the chief/FD/council complete.

The "metric" is substantial progress. No one is ever going to get 100% and twice a year snuffy isn't relavant. Officers and actives and the elected leadership.

MembersZone Subscriber

We've had problems...

There has been resistance from some of our members to provide their SSN as the application says that it is voluntary and that it is used to track scores and such.

However, we have received a form letter from the feds saying that it is required because it is used to check citizenship.

Anyone else have any experience with this?
    Be safe y'all!
    IACOJ Animal Control
    Ladder 8
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Although it wasn't meant to be used as such, SSN is the only statistic available to uniquely identify a person.

If the app says voluntary, and the Feds say required, then they need to either update the paperwork or back off since there is no requirement to be a citizen to be involved in the fire service. An SSN is required to be paid, but not citizenship.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have had several people who did not want to give their SSN. You will not be able to take the test online if you do not provide a SSN or ID.
    ------------------------------------
    From the NIMS page:
    If students have reservations about the use of their SSN, but still want to participate in our program, we can assign a tracking number to their account after they fax us proof of U.S. citizenship, which can be a passport, voter's registration card or birth certificate. The student must then remember and use this unique nine-digit number for all future Independent Study Program transactions, and most higher-learning institutions will not recognize the student's course work for college credit, because the student's SSN is not associated with the course work.

Any exam submission without a SSN or number provided is not processed and automatically deleted. If you wish to request a student ID number, please fax your request, with proof of citizenship to: (301) 447-1201, or mail your request to: EMI-Independent Study Program, 16825 South Seton Ave., Emmitsburg, MD 21727-8998

Please provide an email address, your mailing address and telephone number so we may provide your student ID number as quickly as possible. You must wait to receive your student ID number before you submit your exam. You will then be able to use this nine-digit number in lieu of your SSN. Please be aware that this action can take several weeks. You may also want to look into the Opscan forms that are available from the IS office, but again a SS# is required on those in order to make sure we have the correct information for our records.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    As an alternative, DHS will accept a copy of the persons birth certificate or voter registration card. Send it in with the paper answer sheet (bubble sheet).
    Last edited by KenNFD1219; 02-20-2006 at 10:47 AM.
    -------------------

Forum Member

Default NIMS Compliance

I think that I understand most of this stuff. I do have a question however. We are a small vol. FD that only report to our "Steering Committee". Is this our JHA??? One more....do the explorers/junior ff have to be nims complianct???
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Thread Information