Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Oops, she did it again!

Britney defends driving with son on lap
    Pop star: 'Horrifying, frightful encounter with paparazzi'

Tuesday, February 7, 2006; Posted: 5:09 p.m. EST (22:09 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- Britney Spears defended photographs showing the pop star driving with her infant son on her lap, saying she was dodging the paparazzi.

Several photos published Tuesday showed Spears driving her SUV with her son, Sean Preston, perched on her lap rather than strapped into a car seat in the back seat. Spears said she did it because of a "horrifying, frightful encounter with the paparazzi."

The photos show Spears holding the wheel of the car with one hand, and her 4-month-old baby in the other. A person is shown sitting in the passenger seat next to Spears.

"I was terrified that this time the physically aggressive paparazzi would put both me and my baby in danger," Spears said in a statement released late Monday.

"I instinctively took measures to get my baby and me out of harm's way, but the paparazzi continued to stalk us," she said. "I love my child and would do anything to protect him."

A spokesman for the Department of Children and Family Services, declined to offer any comment on the incident.

"We don't say who, what or if we're investigating," Stu Riskin said.

Sheriff's deputies, meanwhile, won't be pressing any charges, Deputy Luis Castro said.

"Unless a deputy saw the violation, there's nothing we can do," Castro said. "We don't even know if this took place in our jurisdiction."

The agency that snapped the photos, X17, said the pictures were taken "in a very peaceful context, in which photographers exhibited no aggressive behavior."

"We believe that the pictures speak for themselves," the agency said in a statement.

Spears gave birth to her son in September. He is her first child with husband of one year, former backup dancer Kevin Federline.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Things that make you go "Hmmmmm."

[QUOTE=skyraider]"I was terrified that this time the physically aggressive paparazzi would put both me and my baby in danger," Spears said in a statement released late Monday.

"I instinctively took measures to get my baby and me out of harm's way, but the paparazzi continued to stalk us," she said. "I love my child and would do anything to protect him."QUOTE]

So she decided that driving around like this is safer than having a couple of pics taken...

She may be super "hottie", and she may be super rich and famous, but she's still a super dumbass!

Kevin
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

capfiremedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well, she did learn to drive just outside New Orleans... Nuff said

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

See you don't need a license to breed.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

She's a twit. Great role model for young women around the world huh?
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

If she was so intent on "protecting" her son, then why not spend the 30 seconds or so to strap him in?
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber WaterbryVTfire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7
    If she was so intent on "protecting" her son, then why not spend the 30 seconds or so to strap him in?
    She is like a majority of the "famous" people. Laws and rules don't pertain to them. Its a sad fact.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

MembersZone Subscriber dmleblanc's Avatar
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Quote Originally Posted by skyraider
    The agency that snapped the photos, X17, said the pictures were taken "in a very peaceful context, in which photographers exhibited no aggressive behavior."
    Although I have no respect for Britney Spears, this statement caught my attention...Is it just me, or is "X17" a lousy name for an agency that claims not to engage in aggresive behavior?

Sounds like some kind of secret black-ops CIA strike team or something.....

Also, I can't help but think that the paparazzi's definition of "agressive" is very different than mine, yours, or even Britney's....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Let's be honest. If you drive around and look at cars near shopping centers, malls, food stores, etc. there is a very good chance you will see this same thing happening everyday. It's only "news" cuz it involved someone famous.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Bones...you may have a point there. Actually, when you see it, it tends to be young mothers. I would say typically un-educated mothers as well. When I was 20, not sure I would have restrained my kid, but then again...1) I don't have kids and 2) don't think they had car seats back then, so I would've had a good excuse. Say...what did they put babies before car seats??

I'll be interested to see what happens to the "Hit Me Baby One More Time" girl.

If she really had to get away from these guy she could've handed the baby to the guy in the passenger's seat and he buckled her in. But, as always, it's easy to be a "back seat driver" (pun intended )

MembersZone Subscriber dmleblanc's Avatar
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Quote Originally Posted by skyraider
    Actually, when you see it, it tends to be young mothers. I would say typically un-educated mothers as well.
    ....like Britney Spears, you mean?

I agree with the "young mothers" idea....kids in their late teens/early 20's still have that "I'm indestructible, I'm gonna live forever" mentality. If you haven't come to grips yet with your own mortality, I guess it's kind of hard to think about your kids'.......
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Quote Originally Posted by dmleblanc
    I agree with the "young mothers" idea....kids in their late teens/early 20's still have that "I'm indestructible, I'm gonna live forever" mentality. If you haven't come to grips yet with your own mortality, I guess it's kind of hard to think about your kids'.......
    That's a good point....

I still remember going to an MVA a while ago with 5 druggies in the car (high as a kite) and they were nursing a 4 month old. When they stacked the infant became airborne and hit the windscreen headfirst. I still have vivid memories of seeing the hair embedded in the windscreen and the baby laying on the ground screaming....
    Luke

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie
    She's a twit. Great role model for young women around the world huh?
    She destroyed that image a lonnnnng time ago when she and her idiot husband had that moronic show on MTV that was nothing but clips of their home movies.

That was wholesome entertainment....
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Live Green, Go Yellow!

Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!

Thread Information