Thread: Poem

Forum Member

Default Poem

I know this was posted here before, I dont even know if it was a poem, I cant think of what its called but it says things about knowing how to do things so dont mess with my daughter or something like that. I know Im going to get it for searching but I couldnt find it so could I get some help if you have a clue what I am talking about. Thanks everyone
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Forum Member

Posted by Safetychick on December 22, 2005...

A Fireman's Little Girl
    I am very dedicated to my work. I wear firefighter shirts every day, even when Iím not on duty. The fire department is my second home, and my second family. It often seems as if my life revolves around the fire department, but it means nothing compared to my little girl. I am normally a very friendly person, but if you hurt my little girl you will make me mad. I know my little girl is growing up, even if I donít like it. She seems to like you, so Iíll tolerate you dating her, but here are a few things for you to think about while youíre with her:

First of all, I go into burning buildings to save people that Iíve never even seen before, you canít imagine how protective I am of my little girl.

I once broke a manís sternum by accident while doing CPR to save his life. If thatís how I help people what do you think I do when Iím ****ed off?

I investigate arson fires. I know exactly what clues to look for to prove it was arsonÖso I also know how to make sure nobody can tell how a fire started... and I know where you live. Remember Backdraft?

Iíve worked more car accidents than youíll ever see, the sight of blood doesnít bother me one little bit.

Itís normal for me to carry chainsaws, axes, and various other extremely sharp tools in my car..touch my little girl and me and you take a little ride.

When we burn down a house for training, nobody ever looks in the closets.

I use the jaws of life to tear doors off wrecked cars. They cut though solid metal like a hot knife through butter. So watch your paws or get the jaws.

Sirens and air horns can really muffle the sounds of someone screaming.

Most of my friends are cops, paramedics, or firefighters. WE ARE 911. If you make me mad who do you think youíre going to call for help?

I have access to explosives.

I am well trained in emergency medicine. I know exactly which arteries are the easiest to sever and which ones bleed the most. (remember all the sharp tools?)

Even though my little girl insists that you are a ďnice guyĒ and not like most other guys, I know better. I was once your age, I know EXACTLY what youíre thinking. Because of that I already have plenty of reasons to not like you. It wouldnít take much at all to push me over the edge, and I just sharpened my axe.

So if you want to date my little girl you better keep these things in mind. Fireman are protective by nature, and there is nothing we are more protective of than our little girls. Whenever you're alone with her, you better remember that someday you may be alone with me!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

For future reference, do a search for daddy's little girl

Forum Member

Yea thats the one. thanks
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

MembersZone Subscriber

what if the guy the daughter is dating is a FF too, then what does Dad do...
    You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nozzelvfd
    I've already thought of that. I have had that poem on our refrigerator for about 6 months now. I have two teenage daughters just getting to dating age.

If a FF wants to date my daughter, I would assume that it would be a FF much junior to me on the department(in a few years, you have to be 19 here), I would be fine with that. I would also tend to think that he would be scared to death of me. That's my trump!

Thread Killer Extraordinaire!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nozzelvfd
    He catches the plug, and gets to do rehab work
    FF/NREMT-B

FTM-PTB!!

Brass does not equal brains.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pfd4life
    He catches the plug, and gets to do rehab work
    "Outstanding"! ...So to speak.

Kevin
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

Forum Member

I will also require a $50.00 deposit just in case she is not home on time. Then they ask, "Who will have $50.00 to date us?" I say, we'll find out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jerrygarcia
    I will also require a $50.00 deposit just in case she is not home on time. Then they ask, "Who will have $50.00 to date us?" I say, we'll find out.

Isn't that kinda like pimpin' your daughter??!

Kevin
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    "Fir na tine"

Forum Member

I'll give them their money back when she is home early. If not, refer back to the poem.

Forum Member

no problem

MembersZone Subscriber

Here is a better idea.....

When the boyfriend comes walking up the sidewalk to pick up your daughter, toss him a bullet. When he catches it, tell him if your daughter isn't home by such and such time the next one (bullet) comes a hell of alot faster!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ves9102

When the boyfriend comes walking up the sidewalk to pick up your daughter, toss him a bullet. When he catches it, tell him if your daughter isn't home by such and such time the next one (bullet) comes a hell of alot faster!
    I like that one!

Kevin
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    "Fir na tine"

MembersZone Subscriber

Or once you do it tell him if his daughter is not home at such and such time you promise he wont be able to catch the next one

MembersZone Subscriber

But....BUT......What IF he is a former Marine???

I can go on and on with these what if's he! he! he!
    You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

Forum Member

I have experienced this poem from both sides of this discussion.

I have a thirteen year old daughter from my first marriage...... *lifting axe to show potential boyfriends*

AND

When I divorced my first wife I started dating the daughter of one of my captains. She had just turned 18 and her father was still VERY protective. *looking over my shoulder to make sure he's not still ****ed*
    Stupid People.......Providing Job Security to Public Safety Professionals for ........forever

Forum Member

My oldest son is about to hit THAT age, he says he is already in love with my best friends (who is also on my department) daughter. I guess I need to have a talk with him. "Look son, you know how Fire Fighters are, keep your hands to yourself and you'll be ok. Keep one thing in mind son, it aint just your neck you'll be saving, I may need her Dad to save my life tomorrrow."

PKFPD
    IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by pkfd7505
    Keep one thing in mind son, it aint just your neck you'll be saving, I may need her Dad to save my life tomorrrow."
    Thats actually a very good and very interesting point, from a lot of perspectives. And, something I think a lot of us don't actually give thought to. Kinda like a soldier going out with the General's daughter..... And NO I have never done that! Or any daughter of someone I work with. Not that the thought has never given life in my mind, just never tried. The "throw him a bullet" image comes to mind.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Thread Information