MembersZone Subscriber

Default Roll Call Policy

I am looking for some information on Roll call SOP's for volunteer fire departments. A little background....We average 44 firefighters and 12 medics on a working structure fire. The company format would not work due to the quantity of people. We deliver 24 on the apparatus, the rest drive to the scene via POV. Accountability is a task in its self let alone throw an event that requires a Roll Call. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Mulldog: I can send you a roll call SOG that we have just written for use with the universal back-out/withdrawl signal. If that is part of what you are looking for, pm me--ROOKIELZ
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

Forum Member

set in motion that all personnel will go back to the department to take roll call if they all dont go back to the department to be released by a line officer or chief no credit, injury report etc. Make a paper trail of each call. If the officer in charge of roll call , calls there name no answer there absent.

Forum Member

Mulldog, we use the pass tag system. All firefighters are issued 2 tags. One tag is turned in upon arrival to the IC, the other always stays with the firefighter. Each truck also has it own tag, all personnal on the truck will have their tag attached to the truck's tag, whick identifies who is on each rig.

Forum Member

We are a combo department where we have a limited number of career and volunteers that arrive on apparatus and volunteers that arrive on the scene in POVs. We use a basic accountability syetme where each Ffer has a velcro name tag in thier helmets. if they ride on the apparatus, the tag is placed on the vehicle's accoubtability board. if they arrive POV, the first report to the rescue truck and place thier tag on the POV accountability board located in the back of that truck. While it is not a perfect system, most of the folks arriving POV use the system most of the time.

Forum Member

are we talking on scene accountability or just a roll call system im confused.

On scene we have 2 tags, the yellow one which is our on scene tag, left with the first engine on scene or at our own apparatus if we are mutual aid company, our other tag is blue and that tag gets left at the door with a person(only job on the fire scene) to acccount for who is in, as soon as a team comes out they receive there blue tag back, if they go out different door they go back to door they entered and receive their tag back. once were done at the scene all personnel go back to the one apparatus that there yellow tags were left at. No one leaves the scene to all yellow tags are handed back out to the correct personnel and all are accounted for.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am actually looking for an on scene roll call policy. When you have a situation on scene that requires a roll call without terminating operations (ie. 20 minute mark, Mayday, partitial collapse.....).
    We use both the tag sysatem and the GEMS system, and each has their faults as well as human error.
    What could be the possible answers to this delema???
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Our Dept. uses the 2 Tag method as well, but a little differently. Everyone that is on the trucks leaves their "helmet" tag with their respective Trucks.
    Those that should come to scene in P.O.V. turn their Helmet tags over to I.C.
    prior to receiving their assignments. No individual FF is allowed to remove their coat tag from their coat at anytime other than cleaning of gear.
    In the instance of a Mayday, All personnel, report to their respective trucks and the Officer on the Truck removes the coat tags and takes those tags to I.C. Those who came to the scene in P.O.V. would report to the Command Post or wherever the I.C. had predesignated as their
    Reporting place. Only after all the Coat Tags have been matched with the Helmet Tags, do we call Par.

Thread Information