MembersZone Subscriber

Default Training opportunity - Vehicle Machinery Extrication

Thought I'd put this out there for anyone wanting this cert. It will be long weekends, but the class and instructor (in my opinion) are worth it. As mailed out by my Deputy Chief:

North Park Fire Department (Machesney Park, IL) is hosting the 40 hour OSFM Vehicle Machinery Extrication Operation class. The class will be held over consecutive weekends, March 25-26 and April 1-2, each day will be a 10 hour day. The course is being instructed by IFSI with Marty Schoonover (Rockford Fire) as lead instructor. The classroom portion will be held at North Park Fire Department, the location of the hands-on portion will be announced at a later date.

We have openings available in the class. Cost will be $125.00 per student. If you have any questions or have firefighters who are interested in this class please reply to this e-mail. Opening are limited, so please reply as soon as possible

If you're interested in the class, please e-mail our D.C. of Training, Greg Pearson at npfire@insightbb.com or greg.pearson@npfpd.org

Lots of hotel rooms in the area, you'll find we're a fun bunch to <ahem> socialize with, and the class will be a good one, from personal experience. Drop me a line if you're serious about attending as well, and I'll make sure he has your e-mail.

Forum Member

NPFD801-

Have you heard when the first Vehicle Machinery Ops-Tech Class is going to be held? Marty and Chris are helping write the curriculum, but I haven't heard when the first class is going to be. If you hear, please post.

rfd599

MembersZone Subscriber

I know the class is supposed to be "coming" but I haven't heard any details. I sure would like to take it, especially after having just taken the Ops class for the second time in order to get my cert. The transition to the new curriculum killed me...

State test tomorrow for Extrication Ops, hopefully I didn't forget too much. Busy day with that, the first day of the recruit academy, and the memorial service.

RFD, are you able to do any instructing outside of the "day job?" You obviously do it for the side job. The RRA is always looking for people...

I know, I know. Longshot. Like you don't have a million other things going on.

Forum Member

NPFD-

I do occasionally do some, but usually my spare time spent with the biz and my family. I have done a few trainings for fire departments in areas like SCBA, thermal imaging, and a few other classes. I really enjoy helping with classes because you can never get enough information. Every time you teach, you re-learn or re-interate material already learned from previous experiences and that helps keep you sharp. Let's face it, I'm on a fairly busy f.d. for fires and we still do not get enough fires to make our skills perfect. I guess the answer is if I have time that I would love to.....but I would need to know well in advance.

Thread Information