Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Germany vs US how is it there?

There is another question...more then one to be trough.

How is it in US? Who will pay for the Equipment?The trucks or your clothes and the firehouses? Is it like in France where firefighters are a part of the french army? Or like in Germany, where firefighting is a communities thing ruled by the state?

How are the trucks classified? We have Pumpers (LF 8, LF 16 TS) Tankers (LF, TLF) Ladders (DL) Haz-Mat (GW) and a kind of truck I haven´t seen in US. This Truck carries winches, saws etc and is called RW.

So we have a 2-21-2 and a 2-45-1.
    2-21-2 is the 2nd Tanker of Dueren town, 2-45-1 is the 1st Pumper. 2-19-2 is the 2nd van.

www.feuerwehr-derichsweiler.de

look for "Fahrzeuge"

Bernhard, Derichsweiler, Germany, Firefighter since 1978
    Last edited by Bernhard; 02-10-2006 at 03:58 PM.

For the most part, Fire Departments are part of a political subdivision of the state (a city or county) or an independent non-profit organization that has an agreement to provide services to some political subdivision. The facilities and equipment is usually provided by the organization.

Note I said usually, there are many variations so you can't make a blanket statement that will fit the US fire service.

Our vehicles are very much like what you described. Your RW vehicle would be called a Rescue in most parts of the US. You will sometimes see them referred to as Light, Medium, or Heavy which is a reference to the size of the vehicle and its carrying capacity.

MembersZone Subscriber

Guten Tag,

Ich arbeite fuer eine Freiwillige Feuerwehr, wir sind Teil eines Landkreises und sind verantwordlich fuer Feuer und Medizinische Notfaelle in unseren Bezirk. Wir sind finanziert durch Steuern die alle Hausbesitzer in unseren bezirkes zahlen muessen. Wir bekommen auch noch zusaetzliches einkommen durch besonderes Geld fuer das wir uns durch verschiedene Aemter in Bundesstadt anmelden. Fuer den meisten teil sind wir alle Freiwillige und unser Department bezahlt fuer unsere Ausbildung und Ausrustung. Ich hoffe das hat geholfen, und Hallo von einen Deutsch-Amerikaner.

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn
    Guten Tag,

Ich arbeite fuer eine Freiwillige Feuerwehr, wir sind Teil eines Landkreises und sind verantwordlich fuer Feuer und Medizinische Notfaelle in unseren Bezirk. Wir sind finanziert durch Steuern die alle Hausbesitzer in unseren bezirkes zahlen muessen. Wir bekommen auch noch zusaetzliches einkommen durch besonderes Geld fuer das wir uns durch verschiedene Aemter in Bundesstadt anmelden. Fuer den meisten teil sind wir alle Freiwillige und unser Department bezahlt fuer unsere Ausbildung und Ausrustung. Ich hoffe das hat geholfen, und Hallo von einen Deutsch-Amerikaner.
    Sorry, but do what?
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

MembersZone Subscriber

Could not help but jump on a change to speak the language of my Old Country.

Guten Tag,

Good day

I work for a voluntary fire department, we are part of a district and are verantwordlich for fire and medical emergencies into our district. We are pay must financed through taxes that all home owners into our district. We get come in register also yet additional through special money for that we through different offices in alliance city. For most part, we are paid all voluntary and our department for our education and Ausrustung. I hope helped that, and hello of a German-American.

thats what i got from an online translator, is it even close?
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

MembersZone Subscriber

That thing is one screwed up translator.

That thing is one screwed up translator.

that is not a good thing to hear

i use that to help with my spanish homework
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Thread Information