Forum Member

Smile Looking for maximum $ list.

I am looking for the listing that shows the maximum amount available for specific items in the AFG. program. Thanks. Jeff

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't think an official "list" anywhere. Some numbers have gotten to be pretty common knowledge, like bunker pans & coats at $1,200. We were awarded full ensembles (head to toe) at $2,000 per set in '05.
    For other items, the mountain of threads here probably have the most commonly requested items listed. Are you looking at some item or project in particular??
    It'll take some reading and digging, but several nights of reading old posts will increase your odds of an award. I started working on grants last year, you'd have to ask my wife how much time i spent reading old posts on this forum. But...between the reading and the input from the Tres Amigos here, my department has benefitted gratly.
    Good luck!!
    earl

FH Mag/.com Contributor

There is no official list, because it's something that happens at the FPS Tech Review level immediately prior to award. Lots of the limits have been posted here over the years, and whenever I either find or make myself a new roundtuit (plenty of square ones, but all roundtuit holes so they don't fit ) I'll post what I know of on my web site and open up another forum thread here.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Brian,
    Many years ago at a seminar (probably before you were born!!) i got a round wooden coin with "TUIT" burned into both sides--the presenter stated that we now all had a "round tuit!" For some reason i can't find that little bugger--it sure would come in handy now.

Was there a "max award" thread floating around here last year?? If i recall correctly, not much got mentioned in it if there was. I had a better memory before i met Kurt.

To West Texas--Also, in spite of the fact that there are some "informal" limits on various projects, if you receive a reduced offer and can justify the reason for your funding request there is the chance of having the amount reinstated before the award is granted. Case in point--we applied for funding for Grace's TPass3 system and were offered about 5% of the request. We wrote back with an explaination and a copy of a portion of the narrative, asking for reconsideration. We ended up getting most of what we asked for and will be doing some fundraising to finish the project.

earl

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Yeah, that thread is around here somewhere, I can't remember if I started that one or just ended up answering a lot of the questions in it and posting the 'known' limits. At the time.

And you're right, most of them are very soft limits. If you have reasons that things cost more than expected, then the limit doesn't apply. For instance, a plain jane 2 door commercial chassis tanker limit is somewhere around $175K. But if you add a 1000gpm pump and make it hold 3500 gallons, then the limit doesn't apply. As long as you justify the extra cost as to why you need the extras on the truck.

Hmmm, maybe I'll have to break out the hole saw and the drill press and make me a few of those round tuits. I'll mail you one.

So that leaves the eternal question: do you need to get another round tuit before you can search for the lost one? Where is Cliff Clavin when you need him.

Thread Information