MembersZone Subscriber

Default info on iraq

tikcuff9905 is absolutely correct about trying not to stand out. let me tell you, when you travel through the dubai airport,even if you arent wearing any "american apparrel" you will still stand out. but another word of advice, dont wear any hats inside the airport. the locals tend to get a little ****ed about it. also, if you go out, go in groups. never travel alone. its safer!!! remember, the u.a.e. is an ally, but they still dont like americans.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Pics of Balad/Anaconda

Here are some pics from the first time I was there in 04. I am going back on the 20th
    Attached Images Attached Images    

MembersZone Subscriber

Default ?

question about paperwork. seems like we need to bring copies of everything we've already provided again and again. is this normal ops for this kind of stuff?
    Also does anyone know if your copy of your EMT-D cert. can stand in for your CPR card or do they want an American Heart Assco. card? this was listed as one of the copies to provide in Houston.

Forum Member

Default Interaction...

How is the interaction between GI's and firefighters? Are we allowed to interact with them? Do they snub us? How is the security at the airports we land at? Who picks us up from the airport? Sorry if these questions are dumb but it is vital for me to know for my decision making.

Forum Member

Yea, that helped out a lot. Thanks. I'm pretty sure I'm going now so I am going to send my app. out this week. Thanks to everybody who has answered my questions!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default ?

at what point do you know where you'll be stationed at? and once you arrive in BIAP and meet the KBR peeps, do they send you off by ground or air transport?

how long do you stay in Dubia, does everyone fly into dubia first than onto BIAP or is it a crapshoot?

whats training like? guessing it has a lot to do with the crew your with. does the military set up our SOG's or up to company/base officer?

march 20th is coming up fast!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default info

thanks Tikcuf,

my mistake on the CPR thing. i must have been seeing things when looking through my stuff. hope that didn't screw anyone up. as for the rest, made at least 5 copies of everything they could possibly want from me.
    thanks again

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ropholof
    at what point do you know where you'll be stationed at? and once you arrive in BIAP and meet the KBR peeps, do they send you off by ground or air transport?

how long do you stay in Dubia, does everyone fly into dubia first than onto BIAP or is it a crapshoot?

whats training like? guessing it has a lot to do with the crew your with. does the military set up our SOG's or up to company/base officer?

march 20th is coming up fast!!!!!
    1) they'll let you know when they know. based off of staffing at the time.
    2) KBR picks you up at the airport and brings you to the compound
    3) Dubai can be from 2 days to 12 hrs or up to 7 days....
    4) training? I'll let you know some time after tomorrow...but be prepared to work.....

MembersZone Subscriber

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waynejorgensen
    1) they'll let you know when they know. based off of staffing at the time.
    2) KBR picks you up at the airport and brings you to the compound
    3) Dubai can be from 2 days to 12 hrs or up to 7 days....
    4) training? I'll let you know some time after tomorrow...but be prepared to work.....

sounds good to me!
    thanks

Forum Member

Default Training

How often do you train and will there be any certification classes? One of the reasons, among others, of why I'm signing up is for the training. Is the training worth it? If this is something that cannot be said "on air" email me at rob_o_bgs@yahoo.com.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Here we go!!!

Well gentlemen I am officially in the March 20th group, Sent all packages back to WSI and will be getting plane tickets in a few days. I am sure I will be with alot of great people, so shoot back to let me know who is all in this group. Plus if anybody has any questions about ops over there let me know I was there in 04 with USAF.

Thanks,
    Doug

Forum Member

Who has the bigger salary, the WSI guys or KBR? I was just curious. I'm sure theres not much difference.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by robobgs
    How often do you train and will there be any certification classes? One of the reasons, among others, of why I'm signing up is for the training. Is the training worth it? If this is something that cannot be said "on air" email me at rob_o_bgs@yahoo.com.

I'll tell you like I was told - we aren't guaranteed anything other than 40 hrs a week......that include NO classes....but if you WORK...and stand out (in a good way) then you'll stand a chance to go to classes.

Not trying to bust your stones...but those words were spoken to my group by some "upper management types" before I left baghdad....

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 20th

hey reskyouman,

see you march 20th! David here by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by RESKYOUMAN
    Well gentlemen I am officially in the March 20th group, Sent all packages back to WSI and will be getting plane tickets in a few days. I am sure I will be with alot of great people, so shoot back to let me know who is all in this group. Plus if anybody has any questions about ops over there let me know I was there in 04 with USAF.

Thanks,
    Doug

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 20-o-March

Where ya from Ropholof, ever been before, any military exp...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RESKYOUMAN

Thanks,
    Doug
    hey whats your email??

MembersZone Subscriber

MembersZone Subscriber

Default what you can or would bring?

Hey all. going thru the hiring process right now to go to iraq with WSI. wondering about items that you can or would bring or have shipped to you. laptop? dvds? books? stuff like that.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default reskyou

hey man,
    no never been to middle east and no military, but looking forward to the experience. just waiting for my tickets to come this week and hope to get all my "ducks in a row" before we head out. see you guys on monday.

david

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Dave,

Did WSI say when you are supposed to get Tickets, I am also waiting for mine.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default tickets???

hey resk,
    well not sure. i was thinking i would have gotten them on monday. they orig. had me scheduled to leave on the 6th and they sent me that ticket the monday before. i guess if i don't get them by tomorrow, then i will give them a ring late tomorrow of first thing thursday morning. where you flying from?

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

I am leaving from Cleveland

Forum Member

Default Whats up...

Hey guys, Im supposed to be going to Houston on April 10. I have had my phone interview and waiting on a second packet. It has been about two weeks and am getting anxious since it has not come in yet. Does it take a while for the packet to get here or ?... Also, just because you go to houston, does that mean you are going as long as you pass your physical and other things? Thanks for any replys.

-Ryan-
    Ft. Worth, TX

Forum Member

Sounds good, yeah I heard the physical wasnt too tough... Ill give them a call and find out what the hold up is. Ive also been trying to get my packing list together and from what ive read, kris takes you shopping while in houston for additional equip?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ropholof
    hey resk,
    well not sure. i was thinking i would have gotten them on monday. they orig. had me scheduled to leave on the 6th and they sent me that ticket the monday before. i guess if i don't get them by tomorrow, then i will give them a ring late tomorrow of first thing thursday morning. where you flying from?
    I got mine today.

Thread Information