Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RESKYOUMAN
    Well gentlemen I am officially in the March 20th group, Sent all packages back to WSI and will be getting plane tickets in a few days. I am sure I will be with alot of great people, so shoot back to let me know who is all in this group. Plus if anybody has any questions about ops over there let me know I was there in 04 with USAF.

Thanks,
    Doug
    hey whats your email??

MembersZone Subscriber

MembersZone Subscriber

Default what you can or would bring?

Hey all. going thru the hiring process right now to go to iraq with WSI. wondering about items that you can or would bring or have shipped to you. laptop? dvds? books? stuff like that.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default reskyou

hey man,
    no never been to middle east and no military, but looking forward to the experience. just waiting for my tickets to come this week and hope to get all my "ducks in a row" before we head out. see you guys on monday.

david

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Dave,

Did WSI say when you are supposed to get Tickets, I am also waiting for mine.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default tickets???

hey resk,
    well not sure. i was thinking i would have gotten them on monday. they orig. had me scheduled to leave on the 6th and they sent me that ticket the monday before. i guess if i don't get them by tomorrow, then i will give them a ring late tomorrow of first thing thursday morning. where you flying from?

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

I am leaving from Cleveland

Forum Member

Default Whats up...

Hey guys, Im supposed to be going to Houston on April 10. I have had my phone interview and waiting on a second packet. It has been about two weeks and am getting anxious since it has not come in yet. Does it take a while for the packet to get here or ?... Also, just because you go to houston, does that mean you are going as long as you pass your physical and other things? Thanks for any replys.

-Ryan-
    Ft. Worth, TX

Forum Member

Sounds good, yeah I heard the physical wasnt too tough... Ill give them a call and find out what the hold up is. Ive also been trying to get my packing list together and from what ive read, kris takes you shopping while in houston for additional equip?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ropholof
    hey resk,
    well not sure. i was thinking i would have gotten them on monday. they orig. had me scheduled to leave on the 6th and they sent me that ticket the monday before. i guess if i don't get them by tomorrow, then i will give them a ring late tomorrow of first thing thursday morning. where you flying from?
    I got mine today.

MembersZone Subscriber

Got Mine today as well, but wrong Departure Airport, I live in Madison OH, a suburb of Cleveland. They booked my flight departing Madison WI so now I have to wait for adjusted tickets to arrive.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default info

got mine as well. see
    you in houston!

Forum Member

Looks like I'm leaving in the April 17th group. I had a knee injury recently, will still be able to go on time, just a little weak in the knee. Anyone else going at the same time e-mail at ff120medic@netscape.com

Forum Member

I know this is off subject, but is it our responsibility to take care of all of our shots and immunizations, or do they offer them in houston?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by txtruckie2
    I know this is off subject, but is it our responsibility to take care of all of our shots and immunizations, or do they offer them in houston?
    From my understanding you have to take care of all of them before you get there. They send you a sheet with the ones you have to get and you are suppose to be able to get them at the health dept. or your doc's office. You have to make sure though its on that yellow shot record card.

Forum Member

Default shots...

Awesome, sounds good. Thanks for the help.

Forum Member

Default Lack of gear?

You hear all the horror stories from guys that have done their time in Iraq and come back saying that there is a lack of bunker gear. I have noticed that the stories on this subject are a year or more old... Does this mean the problem has been fixed? Are there still issues with gear? If so, would it be a good decision to bring your own?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by txtruckie2
    You hear all the horror stories from guys that have done their time in Iraq and come back saying that there is a lack of bunker gear. I have noticed that the stories on this subject are a year or more old... Does this mean the problem has been fixed? Are there still issues with gear? If so, would it be a good decision to bring your own?

For the most part, the problem is fixed. I have 2 sets of gear (ARFF and structural). Gear gets issued in baghdad. SOME stations have gear there. You MIGHT have problems with certain sizes of gear if they're popular. They try to order, but when it takes MONTHS for it to get there, they have no control over it. But yes, most people are getting issued NEW gear.....

Forum Member

Default Gear...

Thanks... I figured that it wasnt much of an issue anymore, but thought I would ask just in case.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default bout it bout it

hey all, overnighting my first app by this friday, was wondering about how long the process should take after that point, really anxious about getting outta here, my dept is kinda coming apart at the seems and things are getting bad quickly, so the sooner the better. as always any help is much appreciated.

Thread Information