Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

ya, i'm coming from detroit, so like 4 hours for me. I got friends down in Indy though.

Forum Member

Is there any chance IFD will hire anymore from the current list?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default still apply?

Is Indy still taking aps?
    I just went to their website and saw the link still up for the application. An earlier post said you could only apply up to feb 28th, does anyone know if they are still taking aps?

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm not too sure, but I still havne't recieved anything in the mail.

MembersZone Subscriber

CFerd20...did you take the Fort Wayne test?

Forum Member

I also have not received anything in the mail. Does anyone have a date for the written yet?

MembersZone Subscriber

Applications are not being taken any longer for this application process. Chances are that if you fill out the form, your name will be put aside until the next application process, which will be at least a year or more away. They are not going to hire anymore from the last process. They have already taken two classes from that list, so it is finished. If you have not received anything, call personnel by Friday,because official sign ups are starting next week.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default whats the process consist of

can you give some insight on what to expect in the process? do they not use the cpat? i didnt see ifd listed on the website for ESEC as using the CPAT.

MembersZone Subscriber

IFD has adopted the CPAT for the physical agility portion of the testing. As far as the written, it is basic high school math and reading comprehension. There are some memory questions too. If it is the same as in the past, there will be a study session given in the morning, and the test in the afternoon. Everyone gets the same booklet to study and some of that information will be on the test. If you have not taken this test before, or even if you have, go to one of the tutoring sessions offered prior to the test date. Don't be late for any of the mandatory steps in the process, and make sure your driver's license is up to date.

MembersZone Subscriber

dangit, I guess personell down there had one digit off in my address. no wonder I havn'et had any good mail lately.

Forum Member

Well, I received my confirmation in the mail Friday. I'm scheduled to take the written on May 13th. There is a mandatory study session that morning, then a test in the afternoon. Does anyone have an idea of the number of applicants? Also, it said nothing about stopping by HQ to fill out paper work in March as bastiennd mentioned above.

MembersZone Subscriber

Please double check the information you received and then call HQ first thing in the morning on Monday. (317-327-6041) There is a signup for anyone who filled out the pre ap since the last testing process up until Feb. 28, 2006. If you do not have a pre ap in from the that time period, do not come to sign up. You will need to wait for the next process. This sign up is to verify information and to get a better estimate of how many will be taking the written test in May. I think about 2500 have filled out pre aps, but that number will drop to about 1500-2000 by test time. Sign up is taking place this week (3/13).

Forum Member

Thanks IFDFFENG20. I will definitely double check that confirmation.

Forum Member

Well, I double checked the confirmation and gave HQ a call. Out of town applicants are not required to sign up this week. Just show up for the written on May 13th. I got the impression that a few people had already called and asked the same question.lol

MembersZone Subscriber

I hate to say it, but this process was hastily thrown together and I don't think some of the information got out to all of the people and vice versa. I do know there are signups begining today and they run into next week. If you have questions, do not hesitate to call HQ.

So was the age limit incorrect?
    I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

MembersZone Subscriber

The age limit for all paid fire departments in the state is mandated by our pension board, not the individual fire departments. You must be 21 to apply and you can not have reached your 36th B-day by the time you swear in. The law was recinded a few years ago and some guys made it in who were older, but it is now in place again.

MembersZone Subscriber

Out of state applicants received a different package than in state candidates. Those not in the state of Indiana do not have to report for this sign in period prior to the written test. It will be taken care of the day of the written. As I said before though, call HQ if you have any doubts or questions about this process.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Study Session

For anyone out of state...
    If you were interested in one of the study sessions you may want to call HQ to sign up for a time because that's when I did. I believe the sessions are next week.

Forum Member

Thanks bastiennd. I think the out-of-state applicants are doing the study session the morning of the written test.

Thread Information