Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Firemedic515,
    The study session that takes place the morning of the test is for EVERYBODY. This is MANDATORY to be able to take the written test that afternoon. You study a booklet that has information pertaining to the written test. (Memory Retention)
    The study sessions being given prior to test day are voluntary and go over general test material. It just gives people an idea of what to expect on test day and the material involved. Arrive early on test day because once the doors are closed, no one will be allowed in for any reason.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default what to expect

what can i expect from the oral interview? do i have to pay to take the CPAT? when an offer is made do they tell you if its for washington or ifd? thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

The oral(s) are questions that have "anchors" for answers. I will get into that more when the time comes. You do not have to pay to take the CPAT, but I would start preparing now. I don't care how good of shape you are in, or how many times you have done it, people will fail due to lack of preparation. Work your legs like crazy, and shoulders and arms too. If you have a step mill or a weighted vest, use them while training. More to come as the process progresses.

Forum Member

Default How does IFD feel about LE officers applying?

I'm going through the process and was curious on how other FF's feel about police officers? I'm currently a deputy sheriff and was wondering how that will go over.

MembersZone Subscriber

You are not the only Police Officer to apply or to be hired. We have some who are reserve police officers around the county. We realize you just got in the wrong line the last time you applied for a Public Safety position. Good luck.

Forum Member

Default IUPUI Test Location

Does anyone else on here know exactly where the test is at IUPUI? My little 1/4 sheet has part of the wording cut off, so all it gives is the site IUPUI. I know that the 13th is also graduation, so anything information would help. Thanks.
    Last edited by buffett97; 05-05-2006 at 11:14 PM. Reason: spelling

MembersZone Subscriber

Call HQ for exam location. Previously it has been held at one of the large lecture halls near University Blvd. and Michigan St. Good Luck.

Forum Member

Default HQ call ...

I called HQ the other day and the response I received was 'just show up and look for signs'. I mentioned the fact that I wanted to be there early and that it might be graduation weekend so parking and other factors would affect things. Same response, 'look for signs'. Frustrating ...
    I called IUPUI and someone from their scheduling department is supposed to get back to me about the location.

MembersZone Subscriber

Written test is the lecture hall on University Blvd. between Michigan and New York Sts.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default oral interview

Do you recommend preparing for the oral interview w/ stuff like Lepores smoke your firefighter interview, or is this kind of stuff only for someone who has never been in the fire service? what can one expect from IFD's oral interview? thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am not sure about those programs out there, but in the past, our interviews were 10 questions and 20 minutes to answer them. Most questions are not geared toward fire related stuff, but are meant to allow you to use life experiences in general to apply to each question. Problem solving, community service, independent action/self starter, decision making process, dependability, working with others/diversity. Remember for the orals, if you don't say it, you haven't done it. In other words, don't be afraid to repeat yourself if necessary. And just because you may be a firefighter now, don't assume they know you are an emt, paramedic, rescue tech., etc.

MembersZone Subscriber

Any idea what kind of numbers applied, total number, percentages of demographics??

MembersZone Subscriber

2500 filled out pre-applications, but of those, only about 1500 actually signed up to take the written test. About 1250 will drag themselves out of bed to make it to the written on Saturday. As far as male/female/black/white etc., I do not know the numbers.

Forum Member

How did everybody do on the written this morning? Was there more than one test date? It didn't seem like there were nearly 1200 testers. I think I scored pretty well. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Do they rank candidates after the written, or will they wait for the entire process to be completed?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Army

My quetion is this i am currently deployed to iraq. Is there any way i can apply when i get home or now. i finish my tour in july. i have some fire experience. just wanna know if i have enough time to apply.

MembersZone Subscriber

FM515, There were 3 test sites to accomodate everyone that signed up. I will work on getting a final number of testers and post it here.

SGTOchoa, You can fill out a pre application which is used to keep your name on file until the next testing process is started. You have to keep your information on file with the department in order to be notified of the next process. I would not anticipate IFD begining another process for about 1.5-2 years since the written test just took place last Saturday. They want one class by the end of this year and another midway through next.

Pre app. here

http://www.indygov.org/eGov/City/DPS/IFD/home.htm
    Last edited by IFDFFENG20; 05-16-2006 at 11:09 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default not working

hello. well i cant seem to get the web site to work is there any other advice or help you can give me. i will keep trying to get on the site. thanks

Forum Member

http://www.indygov.org/eGov/City/DPS/IFD/home.htm

Click on IFD application and you can fill it out online.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default anybody hear anything?

just wondering if anyone has heard anything since the written, it's awful quiet. what happens now?

MembersZone Subscriber

Interviews are coming up in early June. Expect something soon regarding results from the written test. Chief wants 2 classes of 40-50 each by mid 2007. Word is just over 1,000 took the written test. More to come later.

Thread Information