+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345
    MembersZone Subscriber

The letters will come out when they come out. There were over 600 interviews to score and rank. This is big city government. Two weeks means four weeks. Be patient, everyone will get a letter one way or the other.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the info and all your input on this thread! It has been very helpful!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jgates
    Anyone know when they will be mailing out the letters to let you know if you have made it on to CPAT? I thought they said about two weeks!
    Has it been two weeks yet??

Forum Member

Well, unfortunately I received the Dear John letter today and will not be moving on in the process. Good luck to you guys that made it.

Forum Member

Firemedic515,

I got a letter saying that I am not going thru at this time but if they do a second class from this list that I may be notified. Is this what yours said?

Thanks and good luck to all that made it.

Forum Member

IFDFFENG20, you have probably answered this here before but I'm gonna ask it anyway. I did the online pre-application a while ago and have not recieved anything at all. No letter or e-mail saying sorry you were too late for this test but will be notified of the next, or anything. Should I be expecting that or should I call to confirm they got my info? I'm an out of state'er so driving to HQ isn't exactly an option right now with gas prices the way they are. I currently work a Kelly shift so if I had to I could plan to eventually but not anytime soon. Thanks for your help. Trailfreek@msn.com

MembersZone Subscriber

I also got the Dear John letter. Does anyone know when they are going to start the first class and how many people are going to be in it? Just wondering since if might affect the people in other hiring process around the Indy area. Thanks!

Forum Member

jgates,

Did yours say that if they do a second class from this list that you may be notified?

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah! It said that I would be kept on the list for future hiring!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chappy76
    Firemedic515,

I got a letter saying that I am not going thru at this time but if they do a second class from this list that I may be notified. Is this what yours said?

Thanks and good luck to all that made it.
    Yes, it did say that. However, from experience, I don't really think it means much.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by skcfa1523
    IFDFFENG20, you have probably answered this here before but I'm gonna ask it anyway. I did the online pre-application a while ago and have not recieved anything at all. No letter or e-mail saying sorry you were too late for this test but will be notified of the next, or anything. Should I be expecting that or should I call to confirm they got my info? I'm an out of state'er so driving to HQ isn't exactly an option right now with gas prices the way they are. I currently work a Kelly shift so if I had to I could plan to eventually but not anytime soon. Thanks for your help. Trailfreek@msn.com

Chances are that you filled out the pre-app. too late for the current testing process. You won't be notified of anything until the next time they are gearing up to run a whole new test. I don't think that'll be for awhile since they are in the middle of one now. Feel free to fill another one out sometime down the road or if any contact information changes.

For the rest who have posted here after getting the letters, don't give up on testing. The more tests and interviews you take for various departments, the more comfortable you get with the whole thing. Good Luck.
    Last edited by IFDFFENG20; 06-27-2006 at 11:57 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

IFDFFEN20,
    Does IFD allow people to do ride alongs? I would like to see what it is like working in a big city? Thanks for all your post on here! They have been very helpful!

MembersZone Subscriber

You can do ride-alongs, but it helps to know someone. (It makes it more comfortable for the firefighters and yourself). You have to be at least 18. Try to set it up through our Public Information Officer. Call HQ and ask for his voicemail.

Forum Member

Any of you guys that took the FW test make the academy?

MembersZone Subscriber

IFDENG20,

Give my regards to Mr. Hanify next time you see him. Tell him Mr & Mrs. Fields said hey. I'll bet he's relieved he doesnt get a phone call from me every other day about the $h!t going on up north anymore!

A great guy and a good friend!

fieldseng2

Forum Member

Anybody take the CPAT yet? How is the process moving along?

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone know when IFD is going to hire the first class off the new list and how many they are going to hire?

MembersZone Subscriber

We are not sure when the class will be hired. It was thought to be this fall sometime, but the Chief and the city Controller (the guy who approves things financially) seem to be on different pages. I would look toward the first of the year. The list is close to being finalized and will have to be approved and go through the red tape and such. Candidates who finish high enough will be asked to do a psych test, medical exam, and backround investigation. Good luck if you are still in the running. I will post any new information when it is available.

MembersZone Subscriber

IFDFFENG20,

I see Indy is hiring EMT's and Paramedics. Is this new or has IFD always provided EMS transport? I have been under the impression that ambulance service in Indianapolis was done by private companies. I know this question is somewhat off topic...thanks for your time.

MembersZone Subscriber

With the merger coming in January between Washington Twsp. and IFD, the firefighters who staffed their 4 ambulances will be assigned to fire apparatus. Civilian medics and emt's will staff the ambulances. I guess IFD is getting into the ems transport business. Wishard will still do the transporting for most of IFD's district with exception of the newly acquired WTFD district. Here's the link if anyone's interested.

http://www.indygov.org/eGov/City/DOA/HR/Employment/IFD.htm

MembersZone Subscriber

I went to the link you posted but an application for Civilian EMT's is not available. Do I need to go downtown to headquarters or is there another way to get an application?

MembersZone Subscriber

Go to www.indygov.org and look for "jobs".
    On the next page, click on Employment link towards the top then Employment Opportunites. Scroll down to Dept. Of Public Safety and then Indianapolis Fire Department. Or try to copy and paste this link.

http://www.indygov.org/eGov/City/DOA...oyment/IFD.htm
    Last edited by IFDFFENG20; 09-20-2006 at 11:55 PM.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard anything about the civilian paramedic positions?

Forum Member

Default Update to IFD Hiring

I haven't seen this forum for a long time so I thought it might be helpful to update things. In January 2007, Washington Township Fire adn IFD merged into one department. That is when the Civilian Paramedics and EMTs began in IFD. In July of 2007, Warren Township merged into IFD and added 4 more ambulances for a total of 8. Civilian Paramedics and EMTs are hired through the City Human Resources division. They are then interviewed by IFD.
    IFD is planning to start a recruit class in early 2008. The candidates are already chosen for this class. I don't have specifics as to date and number at this time.
    There is a current list of applicants for firefighters and IFD has started a new process. This new process will most likely be in place for a hiring class in 2009.

MembersZone Subscriber

There is a new thread for 2007.
    Last edited by IFDFFENG20; 11-20-2007 at 04:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

Thread Information