Forum Member

Default Woodhull+Beer= hangover

Wow what a great time CR, you guys put on a great party, it was cool to meet everyone from here, I must now go and put my head in a pillow it is swollen at least twice normal size.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I'm seeing pictures, woooohooooo! (thanks Cecil!)

I'm thinking there might be a few sore heads today

Serves you all right! HA!

Nooooooooo I'm not the least little bit jealous! LMFAO! (uh huh, right!)

Hey, I look at it this way, if I hadn't watched the girls then Jenn wouldn't have been able to go (shhhhhhh let me keep my dilusions!)

Glad it was a good time for all!

I'm sure very emotional for everyone, especially Matt.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Well, I just got home, not feeling to bad this morning... Had a blast yesterday afternoon and evening. It was great to meet everyone and I hope we can all get together again. I left Jay and Josh after breakfast this morning, hope they make it back to Hinckley! If Jay counts on his GPS he will probably end up in Iowa or somewhere! Sorry Jay, I had to one last time! I can't wait to see some pictures as I forgot my camera!!! Take care everyone!!
    Lilyogi

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

You forgot your camera???!!!!! Sheesh even after I reminded you LMFAO!

I posted the 3 pics I got over at the crusty site.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

efd:
    Glad you had fun. It's still hard to believe how many flatlanders and honorary flatlanders were here yesterday.
    It was my extraordinary pleasure to host the pre-event and introduce you to some of the people I have so much pride in as I led their department for 14 years. Now; I'll try to do this from memory. Those attending were: MIKEYLIKESIT, Jaybird, weruj1, PFire, bunnie62 and little bunnie, lilyogi, efd, VCFPD, trainer, mfd2, 80Fire, from Glenmoor, OH fireguy919 and the Mrs. and of course, Me and Mrs. CR.
    I am having some strange computer problems that I must correct before I can post what I have. I woke up yesterday and my icons and screens were huge. I tried re-sizing, Oh and my desktop was real screwy, so when I brough my photo editting up, it doesn't all fit the screen. I think I might have to take it to the Geeks, unless someone else has had a similar problem and can help. Anyway...
    When I presented the quilt to Matt and it was great having everyone there, the first thing he said to me was, "Well, this blows the hell out of MY patch collection!" I didn't even know he was collecting, so I told him "just think of it as a patch collection sewn onto a blanket!" It wouldn't have been right if he didn't bust my balls. He was truly dumbfounded by those who showed up. When I told him Jenn came all the way from Canada and the other Ohioans and Chicagoites, not to mention the southerners, he couldn't believe it. The people who came by to look at the quilt were astonished and amazed that firefighters who didn't know Matt would send him something. It was a magical day and one I know Matt will never forget it.
    Now excuse me; I'm getting verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic-why is it that firefighters are the best damn people when someone needs help?
    We know.
    More later.
    CR
    Last edited by ChiefReason; 02-13-2006 at 08:41 PM. Reason: forgot mfd2
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by efd824
    Wow what a great time CR, you guys put on a great party, it was cool to meet everyone from here, I must now go and put my head in a pillow it is swollen at least twice normal size.
    Hows the misses feeling today? She was putting them down last night! ha ha ha
    Lilyogi

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason
    efd:
    Glad you had fun. It's still hard to believe how many flatlanders and honorary flatlanders were here yesterday.
    It was my extraordinary pleasure to host the pre-event and introduce you to some of the people I have so much pride in as I led their department for 14 years. Now; I'll try to do this from memory. Those attending were: MIKEYLIKESIT, Jaybird, weruj1, PFire, bunnie62 and little bunnie, lilyogi, efd, VCFPD, trainer, 80Fire, from Glenmoor, OH fireguy919 and the Mrs. and of course, Me and Mrs. CR.
    I am having some strange computer problems that I must correct before I can post what I have. I woke up yesterday and my icons and screens were huge. I tried re-sizing, Oh and my desktop was real screwy, so when I brough my photo editting up, it doesn't all fit the screen. I think I might have to take it to the Geeks, unless someone else has had a similar problem and can help. Anyway...
    When I presented the quilt to Matt and it was great having everyone there, the first thing he said to me was, "Well, this blows the hell out of MY patch collection!" I didn't even know he was collecting, so I told him "just think of it as a patch collection sewn onto a blanket!" It wouldn't have been right if he didn't bust my balls. He was truly dumbfounded by those who showed up. When I told him Jenn came all the way from Canada and the other Ohioans and Chicagoites, not to mention the southerners, he couldn't believe it. The people who came by to look at the quilt were astonished and amazed that firefighters who didn't know Matt would send him something. It was a magical day and one I know Matt will never forget it.
    Now excuse me; I'm getting verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic-why is it that firefighters are the best damn people when someone needs help?
    We know.
    More later.
    CR
    What about Chopper??!!

Did Jenn give you the patch I sent with her? Were there other late arriving patches that will be made into something? Or put in a scrapbook or something?

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

see my post over @ COJ about compiling pics......... Had a great time .........!
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

hey josh, i would love a copy of the cd when you get it complete! thanks
    Lilyogi

Forum Member

She was in fine form when we left, she didn't crawl off the couch all day. I was up and around by 7 but i had a bit of a headache, she got up and went to work today so i guess she will survive. Ty where are ya buddy? Did you survive? Someone page out Altona fire to check the ditches of county 12

Forum Member

sounds like everyone had a great time. I'm sorry I couldnt make it but i definetly would have been the young pup of the group. lol. the day wasnt completely lost, we pulled a small grass fire. First time anyone on the dept could remember fighting a field fire in the middle of february when snow was falling lol.
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

Forum Member

Default The night was great....the next day however? FLATLANDERS RULE!

BEER IS GOOD AND GOOD FOR YOU!
    I'M ALIVE BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW!

I hope I got to meet everyone? What an awsome night!

CR from my view, it's because ff are the best people in the world!!! And saturday night proved it. Who would have ever thought so many people from so far away. I go to things like sat. help someone because i would hope if i were in that situation, whatever the situation, others would do the same for me.

CR you missed Pat on you list of those that were there.

I hope everyone wore sunglasses when they were at the fire station. Now ya'all understand the glow that is seen from Woodhull . Red trucks forever .
    Last edited by VCFPD3; 02-13-2006 at 05:11 PM.
    Proud to Be Crusty!!!!

"The time to train is not the time of need!" - LDH

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks, Ty.
    It has been editted to correct my omission.
    I said I was doing it from memory!
    Yeah, yeah; I know.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Default And Now For Some Pictures

To see what the project looked like on December 10, 2005 and then again on February 11, 2006; just two months later, go to the Matt thread.
    CR
    Last edited by ChiefReason; 02-13-2006 at 09:10 PM.
    Visit www.iacoj.com

Forum Member

Yo 824.
    You and the Misses need to call me next time you get up here. I would lay odss if you were feeling a little woozy Sunday the other half was feeling downright AWFUL ... Good to meet everybody.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Mikey my friend i am going to have to put the blame on you , you guys were doing shots everytime i turned around. She was not feeling well at all, i ended up going and playing cards sunday and got right back into the cold miller lite. I think she is more than ready to drink with you again, i will certainly let you know if head up that way, We are heading to springfield tonight for her sisters b-day, hitting some bars and she is already talking about karoke.........i will be hiding in the bathroom

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Jay, whats up? I thought I would have gotten a response or something from you after receiving what i sent you. Hope everything is ok Stay safe
    Lilyogi

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Hey, bub. I was just about to shoot you an email. I've been out for the last four days-- I had LASIK last week (it basically KICKS BUTT).

Anyways, I have not received anything yet. When did you send it?
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Forum Member

Default Another brother getting lasik.

Im getting lasik on saturday morning and hoping that it will cure the haze that is left over after a certain night of drinking in Woodhull.

Im sure i'll be pretty sensitive to bright colors shortly after the procedure so i'll probably have to drive around Woodhull to get to work .
    Proud to Be Crusty!!!!

"The time to train is not the time of need!" - LDH

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Good luck, Ty! You're gonna love it.

Go out and buy yourself a nice pair of sunglasses. You're gonna need 'em!
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Thread Information