Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Unhappy same team here

wow...just got to say arnt we all on the same team? here for the same reasons? Damn shame that this kinda stuff happens.

Three volunteer firefighters, two from the Bladensburg Fire Company and one from Kentlands, were suspended. Officials said the firefighters were "pushing and shoving" each other outside the burning house. The fire department is investigating the incident.
    This is a cut and paste from the original report as posted at the beginning of this thread.
    But yes, the other subsiquent articles and the t.v. news report do seem to point more towards the Kentland hooligans. The "smoking gun" per se is the fact that the kentland thugs where the only ones NOT to experiance any SCBA problems.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

Been going on for decades. Before I went permanently on the disabled list, my family worried more about the PG hooligans (both inside & outside the FD) than the incidents themselves.

Forum Member

From there County page it says that they (County) lifted the suspentions from the Bladenburg guys, and like you said as in the vid it"s kinda funny that Kentland had NO issues with there scba"s.

Be Safe Brother
    that is what the Fire Service is all about Career or Volliy BROTHERHOOD

Forum Member

From there County page it says that they (County) lifted the suspentions from the Bladenburg guys, and like you said as in the vid it"s kinda funny that Kentland had NO issues with there scba"s.

Be Safe Brother
    that is what the Fire Service is all about Career or Volly BROTHERHOOD

Forum Member

Last edited by BD6413; 02-15-2006 at 04:49 PM.

Forum Member

Sorry about the double post guys.

MembersZone Subscriber

One word.............Pops.
    Leroy140 (yes, THAT Leroy)
    Fairfield, CT, Local 1426
    IACOJ Tillerman

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    I'm too lazy to do the search, but isn't this like the millionth time there has been a thread about the nonsense that goes on in PG County? If this goes true to form, this thread will degenerate into names, threats of violence and a shut down by the WT in about two days.

George couldn't be anymore right than that....

..I believe another incident occured between Kentland and Career Personnel from Bladensburg a few years ago when repordedley Kentland guys sucker punched Bladensburg Career Guys and knocked an officer down a flight of stairs just so they could steal the line. Forget where I read that but I'm not suprised. -- And give past incidents where Kentland has been the center of attention I can only imagine that an engine being parked on a hose line wasn't accidential.

There are Kentland Members who possess the I'm better than 'thou attitude because I'm from Kentland 33. Well Kentland Firefighters are no diffrent from DCFD guys, Baltimore Guys, or the eight cousins running a budget reduced volunteer firehouse in southern Mississippi. Companies around me try to act like Kentland {at least in my area both NJ and Delaware } right down to the live-in volunteers that are career firefighters elsewhere. {MY GOD GET A FRIGGIN' LIFE ! } -- It'll be nice to see where this Drama ends up. That's all this is more Drama with in the volunteer fire service that started over petty horse sh**.

CAUTION...True Volunteer Professionals at Work !!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Look on the bright side

At least they didnt have guns

Forum Member

All we know is that no guns were USED

Forum Member

Maybe these guys should take a look at this...the kid seems to have a pretty good take on things...

http://www.firehouse.com/cartoon/combs_nov05_large.jpg

Just my 2 cents...Stay Safe...

MembersZone Subscriber Firedan38's Avatar

Angry

Why is there such a hate between vollies and career?...arent we all on the same team?....just because someone gets a paycheck for doing what others do for free does that give someone the right to cause harm to them?.....Come on guys it the Freakin 21st century for gods sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Any commander who fails to exceed his authority is not of much use to his subordinates. - Arleigh Burke

Forum Member

It does not sound like a Career / Volunteer issue someone said the FF that is suspended from Kentland Fire Company also turned off a Volly bottles to and the word is that he is a Career FF with DCFD.

Forum Member

Amazing,... any time something in these forums get posted that was in "the news", everybody trips all over themselves saying that the will wait for further info before commenting on or crucifying any of the "brothers".

Why is this one any different?

3 pages so far, and not one comment to that effect.......

Hmmm..... maybe because the accused are vollies?

...word is that he is a Career FF with DCFD
    Just proves a MUTT is still a MUTT, paid or vollie...
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Quote Originally Posted by firepics
    Amazing,... any time something in these forums get posted that was in "the news", everybody trips all over themselves saying that the will wait for further info before commenting on or crucifying any of the "brothers".

Yeah, Thats the reason back at ya.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber cdemarse's Avatar

I am just surprised they havent caused a LODD yet.
    "Train as if your life depends on it"
    Always Remember *343*

I agree that there should be no "crucifiction" of ANY department until facts come out.

However, I KNOW FOR A FACT that this stuff goes on down there weekly if not on a daily occasion. Maybe not as intense as this, but it goes on. It is about time it was BLOWN OUT to the media so this TOTALLY INSANE COWBOY B.S. can be stopped.

I have heard previous stories of that area of PG County (NOT ALL OF PG) and their cowboy bullsh*t from several different sources, about several different departments in that area. It is not limited to any ONE or all THREE involved departments.

NONE of these stories should impress ANYONE! EVERY FIREFIGHTER, PAID, VOLUNTEER, PART-TIME, WILDLAND, MILITARY or whomever should be COMPLETELY DISGUSTED by this incident if only ONE of the several accusations are true! For that matter, they should be disgusted by ANY incident that is even REMOTELY RESEMBLES this. The ONLY reason this area of the country still pulls this horse sh#t BS is because it attacts attention. It is the same concept as the kid acting out to get attention.

This is COMPLETELY ASSININE and not what the fire service is about. We work together to get the job done. I am just as aggressive of a firefighter as the next guy, if racing into a box is your thing (and for many FFs it is) but if you are beat into the box or someone else is working a line then work to help them put the fire out and get the job done. To work against them to get the glory is nuts! Who do you think you are impressing?

Saying things like:
    "Boy, we sure showed Engine ____ by shutting off their bottles!" or
    "We got that fire, did you see how I knocked the mask off of that guy from _______, and took his line!" "He'll be alright, I only burned his face!"

If saying these things and patting each other on the back for doing this cowboy BS is what you need to call yourself a firefighter, then take your ACT and DISBAND your company before you KILL someone! You are an Assh*le! You are no more a firefighter than the sh*thead square-rooters, scumbags, know-it-alls and been-there-done-that's that we all LOATHE!

ANYONE who thinks that this is "the right thing to do" or partakes in this type of behavior should promptly turn in your resignation, head to your local recruitment office, enlist in the military and ask for the front-lines! Aggressive attitudes in firefighters are a great quality to a limit. But if this is your gig, your talents would be better off in Baghdad or Musil, Iraq!

Get your fuc*ing head out of the clouds and get with the program the rest of the country on. End the cowboy BS before you get someone killed!

FireCompanies.com should cancel ANY department's website that contributes or promotes this type of behavior. Companies like this take pride in their website and use it as a mechanism to spread this BS behavior!

TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!
    Last edited by NDeMarse; 02-15-2006 at 09:34 PM.
    Good Luck, Stay Low & Stay Safe

Nate DeMarse
    Co-Owner, Brotherhood Instructors, LLC.
    http://brotherhoodinstructors.com
    Facebook Users: Join us here
    -------------------------------
    GET IN THE JOB, BE A STUDENT OF THE JOB!

Quote Originally Posted by firepics

Quote Originally Posted by Station2Capt
    Well said hwoods I will not form any opinions of any Department or Person until all the facts are reviewed and the investigation is complete. I too know several good P.G. FF's and reports such as this will not stop this department from continuing to do the good job they do everyday.
    firepics, Please be sure and read all the posts before making comments
    A "Good" fire is not measured by how big it is, but by the fact that everyone is going home safe, and that we possibly learned something new about firefighting. Member:IACOJ

Thread Information