Forum Member

All we know is that no guns were USED

Forum Member

Maybe these guys should take a look at this...the kid seems to have a pretty good take on things...

http://www.firehouse.com/cartoon/combs_nov05_large.jpg

Just my 2 cents...Stay Safe...

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry

Why is there such a hate between vollies and career?...arent we all on the same team?....just because someone gets a paycheck for doing what others do for free does that give someone the right to cause harm to them?.....Come on guys it the Freakin 21st century for gods sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Any commander who fails to exceed his authority is not of much use to his subordinates. - Arleigh Burke

Forum Member

It does not sound like a Career / Volunteer issue someone said the FF that is suspended from Kentland Fire Company also turned off a Volly bottles to and the word is that he is a Career FF with DCFD.

Forum Member

Amazing,... any time something in these forums get posted that was in "the news", everybody trips all over themselves saying that the will wait for further info before commenting on or crucifying any of the "brothers".

Why is this one any different?

3 pages so far, and not one comment to that effect.......

Hmmm..... maybe because the accused are vollies?

Truckie

...word is that he is a Career FF with DCFD
    Just proves a MUTT is still a MUTT, paid or vollie...
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firepics
    Amazing,... any time something in these forums get posted that was in "the news", everybody trips all over themselves saying that the will wait for further info before commenting on or crucifying any of the "brothers".

Yeah, Thats the reason back at ya.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

I am just surprised they havent caused a LODD yet.
    "Train as if your life depends on it"
    Always Remember *343*

Forum Member

I agree that there should be no "crucifiction" of ANY department until facts come out.

However, I KNOW FOR A FACT that this stuff goes on down there weekly if not on a daily occasion. Maybe not as intense as this, but it goes on. It is about time it was BLOWN OUT to the media so this TOTALLY INSANE COWBOY B.S. can be stopped.

I have heard previous stories of that area of PG County (NOT ALL OF PG) and their cowboy bullsh*t from several different sources, about several different departments in that area. It is not limited to any ONE or all THREE involved departments.

NONE of these stories should impress ANYONE! EVERY FIREFIGHTER, PAID, VOLUNTEER, PART-TIME, WILDLAND, MILITARY or whomever should be COMPLETELY DISGUSTED by this incident if only ONE of the several accusations are true! For that matter, they should be disgusted by ANY incident that is even REMOTELY RESEMBLES this. The ONLY reason this area of the country still pulls this horse sh#t BS is because it attacts attention. It is the same concept as the kid acting out to get attention.

This is COMPLETELY ASSININE and not what the fire service is about. We work together to get the job done. I am just as aggressive of a firefighter as the next guy, if racing into a box is your thing (and for many FFs it is) but if you are beat into the box or someone else is working a line then work to help them put the fire out and get the job done. To work against them to get the glory is nuts! Who do you think you are impressing?

Saying things like:
    "Boy, we sure showed Engine ____ by shutting off their bottles!" or
    "We got that fire, did you see how I knocked the mask off of that guy from _______, and took his line!" "He'll be alright, I only burned his face!"

If saying these things and patting each other on the back for doing this cowboy BS is what you need to call yourself a firefighter, then take your ACT and DISBAND your company before you KILL someone! You are an Assh*le! You are no more a firefighter than the sh*thead square-rooters, scumbags, know-it-alls and been-there-done-that's that we all LOATHE!

ANYONE who thinks that this is "the right thing to do" or partakes in this type of behavior should promptly turn in your resignation, head to your local recruitment office, enlist in the military and ask for the front-lines! Aggressive attitudes in firefighters are a great quality to a limit. But if this is your gig, your talents would be better off in Baghdad or Musil, Iraq!

Get your fuc*ing head out of the clouds and get with the program the rest of the country on. End the cowboy BS before you get someone killed!

FireCompanies.com should cancel ANY department's website that contributes or promotes this type of behavior. Companies like this take pride in their website and use it as a mechanism to spread this BS behavior!

TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!
    Last edited by NDeMarse; 02-15-2006 at 10:34 PM.
    Good Luck, Stay Low & Stay Safe

Nate DeMarse
    Co-Owner, Brotherhood Instructors, LLC.
    http://brotherhoodinstructors.com
    Facebook Users: Join us here
    -------------------------------
    GET IN THE JOB, BE A STUDENT OF THE JOB!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Station2Capt
    Well said hwoods I will not form any opinions of any Department or Person until all the facts are reviewed and the investigation is complete. I too know several good P.G. FF's and reports such as this will not stop this department from continuing to do the good job they do everyday.
    firepics, Please be sure and read all the posts before making comments
    A "Good" fire is not measured by how big it is, but by the fact that everyone is going home safe, and that we possibly learned something new about firefighting. Member:IACOJ

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NDeMarse
    But if this is your gig, your talents would be better off in Baghdad or Musil, Iraq!
    While in the shower something dawned on me! The military wouldn't want you either because you don't have (nor will you have) an ounce of discipline! You shouldn't burden the military with your stupidity.

Go stock shelves in a grocery store somewhere. Maybe then you can "beat the can goods guy" to his shelf or arm wrestle him to re-stock the peas!

Whatever you do, GET OUT OF THE FIRE SERVICE!
    Good Luck, Stay Low & Stay Safe

Nate DeMarse
    Co-Owner, Brotherhood Instructors, LLC.
    http://brotherhoodinstructors.com
    Facebook Users: Join us here
    -------------------------------
    GET IN THE JOB, BE A STUDENT OF THE JOB!

Forum Member

Originally posted by Station2Capt.

firepics, Please be sure and read all the posts before making comments
    My apologies to you. You're right, out of the three pages, I missed the one post that actually took the sane approach.

I don't pretend to know what it is like in that neck of the woods, but do ALL these depts. get dispatched at the same time to this fire? How the heck DOES it work?

Forum Member

apologies accepted, hwoods will have to inform us on how the system works up that way.
    A "Good" fire is not measured by how big it is, but by the fact that everyone is going home safe, and that we possibly learned something new about firefighting. Member:IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

My apologies to you. You're right, out of the three pages, I missed the one post that actually took the sane approach.

I don't pretend to know what it is like in that neck of the woods, but do ALL these depts. get dispatched at the same time to this fire? How the heck DOES it work?

im unsure of how things work in P.G. county, i know down here we have a similar " unified " response. if our dept responds to a structure fire, the city of webster, and city of friendswood respond automatically. if need be, of course, we can drop a 2nd alarm which is rare. i cant understand how people can act like that on a fire scene. every dept paid or volly is going to have their own little internal disputes, but letting it spill over onto a fireground, and to go as far as to shut off someones airpack ( allegedly of course ) is unfathomable ( sp? ) we train and respond together on a regular basis. friendswoods chief used to be on our day crew, and vice versa. i hope if it all comes down to it, that the chief of the dept responsible, takes appropriate action. i love my fellow firefighters, volly and paid. but would not hesitate to turn one in for an act so outrageous.

Forum Member

This is just outrageous. This situation places a black eye on the Fire service for both Career & Volunteer Departments. As a Company Officer when you pinn on the badge you shoulder the responsibility to protect your Brother Firefighter, the Engine Company, Ladder Company (Truck) Rescue, Squads both in your Deaprtment and those who assist you when the bell calls you to duty. You also have the trust of each of there family members, Brothers, Sisters, Mom's & Dads, there Children so on & on that you protect them, and see that they return home with the same smile on there face when they left there family for work.

I know an investigation will take place to see why this type of situation was allowed to happen. If it turns out that this type of behavior is true then the responsibility starts at the top with the Chief for allowing there professional personnel, Officers, and Veteran Firefighters to perform in a manner to harm other Firefighters. All involved shall be held accountable for ther actions, or inactions for allowing this take place.

We have Fire investagators, Marshalls, and Judges that place Arsonist in prison for attempt murder when they attempt to place harm on our Brother Firefighter's for being stupid. The Fire service has attended to many funerals.

Our Safety Officer sent all the Officers the NIOSH report on the recent fire that claimed the life of a Captain in a Michigan Department. As there Officer I spent 3 Hrs (between calls) to review the report with my personnel, we reinforced our Sop's on each of the items listed as it related to this incident. We all can learn from this tragic incident by spending time training not fighting on your fire ground.

You can bet on one thing, the above training was conducted towards not only learning how to save our own, but also on how we would save our Brother Firefighter, not how we can cause pain or even death. Sorry if I steped on any toes but this type of behavior is unacceptable. Some may think I have pre judged those involved, if so I'm sorry. Thank God those injuried will heal. To all my Brother & Sister Firefighters, Officers and those who work behind the scene may God Bless. STAY SAFE. FDSQUAD 10 VBFD.
    Last edited by fdsq10; 02-16-2006 at 12:28 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Embarrassing Day In The Fire Service !

Where's the brotherhood here???? This type of behavior is unacceptable on the fireground!!! The last thing anyone or a family needs to see/witness during their time of need is fire departments that cant get along with eachother. Career or volunteer, we all have a job to do on the fireground and I believe we're tought that your safety and the safety of your fellow brother/sister firefighters should be number one on anybodys list especially when it comes to fireground operations,training, or any activity that your fd is involved in! Not jeopardizing the lives of fellow firefighters no matter what what the situation is,if we dont watch the backs of our fellow firefighters than who will???? www.firefighterclosecalls.com has enough articles about firefighters and their close calls with death,and it sure dont need a section about childish acts of overjealous firefighters seriouslly injuring fellow firefighters! It sounds like some people need to get over themselves ,and look at the big picture of why they ever got into the fire service to begin with.If some people would put more time into what they are suppose to be doing and not worrying about other people, fire scenes would'nt be such a CF.I hope the fellow brothers injured in this unfortunate situation have a quick recovery!

Forum Member

Very well put DeMarse.

Forum Member

The last post i meant FDSQ

MembersZone Subscriber

However, I KNOW FOR A FACT that this stuff goes on down there weekly if not on a daily occasion
    You got your facts f--ked up than. I spend alot of time at the Firehouse and I have not seen an incident like this in years. I love how all of you Monday Morning QB's like to pretend you know whats going on down here (MIKEY) but just because you see something on the news doesn't mean it is being accurately reported.

What you people may call "Cowboy bull****" we call being aggressive and putting the fire out. If two Paid Maids pull up on a firetruck that got spanked in by another Wagon that has six volunteers on it, Waah f--kin Waah....they are going to get thier fire taken.

Company 30 is a Faux Volunteer Fire Department that has ZERO active Volunteers. They are consistently understaffed (as are most of the career staffed stations) because they have to staff an Ambulance too, with four career guys and now they have a Haz-Mat Unit.

I will agree with some of the people who complain about Departments in their area wanting to be like Kentland or P.G....and I got your back on that. Nothing chaps my *** more than seeing some TOOLBAG Pa. fire company that even mentions Kentland or PG on their webpage.

These Idiots in Delaware County Pa. even went as far as making up t-shirts announcing they are the "Next best thing to Kentland." (See Green Ridge Fire Company) I mean you look at their website and the most exciting thing they can muster up is that they ran two back to back AFA's! Sheesh....the Idolization of this county has to stop....we have more problems than most even want to know about.
    Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

Forum Member

Chris.. please tell me you are not condoning the BS of turning peoples air supplies off or knocking their lids off....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by TillerMan25
    You got your facts f--ked up than. I spend alot of time at the Firehouse and I have not seen an incident like this in years. I love how all of you Monday Morning QB's...What you people may call "Cowboy bull****" we call being aggressive and putting the fire out. If two Paid Maids pull up on a firetruck that got spanked in by another Wagon that has six volunteers on it, Waah f--kin Waah....they are going to get thier fire taken...I will agree with some of the people who complain about Departments in their area wanting to be like Kentland or P.G....and I got your back on that.

Nothing chaps my *** more than seeing some TOOLBAG Pa. fire company that even mentions Kentland or PG on their webpage.
    Dude.
    Now, normally, I respect a person with as many posts as yourself. But f*ck that!

You are a TOOL. A T-O-O-L.

I can't believe you actually thought out what you posted, then typed it letter for letter, submitted it, and actually believed that bulls#it.

If your'e calling the likes of MIKEYLIKESIT, NDeMarse, and CaptainGonzo (who "PRETEND" they know whats going on in the great PG, because thats what they like to do in their spare time....) mondaymorning QB's, you just lost every shred of respect to anything I ever read that has your name attached. Good job

For once, I'm actually glad Im a west coaster. Don't gotta worry about the likes of you on my line.

ya friggin mutt.
    The good thing about this job is that we have done so much, with so little, for so long that we can do everything with nothing...... which is what is wrong with this job.
    KTF | DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm not condoning anyone turning off a bottle in the middle of an incident. But if you listen to the news clip, the statement by the Career Captain says that someone from 33 was "Blocking the entrance to the Fire Room" or something of that nature. If that career Captain would have backed off and let the companies already inside do the job, instead of trying to force his way into the room, than this situation may not have escalated. It sounds like someone got spanked in and then tried to over compensate. If you are not motivated enough to be the first firetruck to a fire in your alarm area, than maybe it's time to retire.

The situation with the Apparatus on the supply line happens alot, it's pretty simple to recover from and usually does not require violence to mitigate, usually "HEY, get your damn tire off my water" will suffice.

MIKEY is a Union Sympathizer who believes that our dedicated Volunteers who also happen to be career firefighters in other jurisdictions are somehow detrimental to his union local halfway across the Country.

NDemarse came out with FALSE facts that this type of thing happens everyday or weekly...which is entirely untrue and completely ludicrous. I guess he was thinking of ""The next best thing to Kentland"

I never mentioned Captain Gonzo in my post anywhere, and none of what I wrote was directed towards him. But for the record, I do not condone tampering with turnout gear or SCBA in any IDLH.
    Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

Forum Member

The situation with the Apparatus on the supply line happens alot, it's pretty simple to recover from and usually does not require violence to mitigate, usually "HEY, get your damn tire off my water" will suffice.
    Is it that hard to miss a supply line? Or is it that your engineers a friggin blind. NOT AN EXCUSE!

NDemarse came out with FALSE facts that this type of thing happens everyday or weekly...which is entirely untrue and completely ludicrous. I guess he was thinking of ""The next best thing to Kentland"
    But you said yourself, that PG-County has more problems than most want to know about. So which is it, no problems or a ton that are not made public?

Wow am I glad I have NOT decided to go east.
    FF/NREMT-B

FTM-PTB!!

Brass does not equal brains.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

MembersZone Subscriber

[QUOTE=TillerMan25]I'm not condoning anyone turning off a bottle in the middle of an incident. But if you listen to the news clip, the statement by the Career Captain says that someone from 33 was "Blocking the entrance to the Fire Room" or something of that nature. If that career Captain would have backed off and let the companies already inside do the job, instead of trying to force his way into the room, than this situation may not have escalated. It sounds like someone got spanked in and then tried to over compensate. If you are not motivated enough to be the first firetruck to a fire in your alarm area, than maybe it's time to retire.

not pickin a fight, but the way i read this paragraph is, one firefighter is blocking a door, to prevent a hoseline from entering until his whole crew is inside. I am a volunteer FF with hopes of going career. and even with the career FF's ive met, i cant imagine any Fire officer, paid or volly, blocking a door because they werent first in. and the part about being motivated to be first in, thats the reason FF's are dying responding to calls. get their fast, yeah it sucks when your not first in, and dont get to go interior. but your additude is why firefighters are dying trying to be first in. I love being first in, but not at the cost of my life, or any other.

just my 2cents

MembersZone Subscriber

If that career Captain would have backed off and let the companies already inside do the job..
    does rank and title have ANY bearing on you whatsoever? Or do you only respect the LT. Capt. B/C D/C A/C and Chief titles in YOUR department, and noone elses? Hes a FRIGGIN CAPTAIN. I think he's earned the right to go inside a structure without some hack lineman throwing an elbow to his facepiece.

I can't speak for any other department in the nation, but that has NEVER happened here, nor will it, as long as our drivers retain the ability to spot their rigs.

MIKEY is a Union Sympathizer who believes that our dedicated Volunteers who also happen to be career firefighters in other jurisdictions are somehow detrimental to his union local halfway across the Country.
    I must be a monday qb'ing union sympathizer too...because its not just his union. its mine too.

I'm not going to dispute NDeMarses comments with you for 2 reasons...1) I haven't been around here that long to be seasoned with Kentland 33 posts..and 2) NDeMarse can do that himself just fine.

But I will say that the originator of this post, one of your OWN PG brothers, left me with the impression that this isn't just one, tiny, wittle incident in an otherwise unmarred and crisp history of PG's bravest.

I never mentioned Captain Gonzo in my post anywhere, and none of what I wrote was directed towards him.
    No, but you did refer to the guys who were criticizing the bulls#it actions of your PG brothers as "Monday Morning QB's".....and guess what. CaptainGonzo was one of them. So are you gonna ball up and include him in your insult on the rest of us, or not?
    The good thing about this job is that we have done so much, with so little, for so long that we can do everything with nothing...... which is what is wrong with this job.
    KTF | DTRT

Thread Information