Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Here I go again

Forum Member

Default Here I go again

I am looking at writing a state grant and we want Laptops for Our trucks and command cars. The question is has anyone ever writen one for this and have a narrivate they can share.

Thanks be safe

Kevin Moulton
    Assistant Chief
    Zoneton Fire district

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Most have gone the MODAT route but there have been a few handed out over the years. I've reviewed and tweaked a couple, but unfortunately haven't been given permission to share, they're not mine to make that decision with.

If the dispatch system is currently supporting MODAT and/or CAD, or you're using the electronic accountability system that ties in with the command software then you have a case built in. Otherwise it is an uphill battle to convince people you need every vehicle equipped. It is a lot nicer for preplans and maps I will admit. When I was a younger nerd in college I took the stuff from my dept up north and just made a localized web site on all of the chiefs cars laptops. Almost FF-proofed, but now with Toughbooks and the touch-screen you can have more info in an easier to access method than ever before.

And should we start the poll about how many of us started singing Whitesnake after reading the title of the thread? Or picturing the video?

- Brian

Forum Member

lol

we use CAD now we want our first two eng. and the 3 command cars to have one.

Forum Member

Going down the only road I've ever known.....

God Bless Tawnya Kitean.....Schwing...schwing.. ...

Long live 80's hair metal

FH Mag/.com Contributor

They threw a concert down here in the last year or two. Can't remember who was with them, but about 4 other 80s metal bands. I missed it. Wife wouldn't let me grow the mullet again.

Brian, wife wouldn't let you or your "body" wouldn't let you? Besides we all know that more woman kiss bald heads anyway! LOL!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Well the mullet could happen, I'm only losing the hair in the front. It's mohawk that I couldn't pull off.

Thread Information