Thread: I-300

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry I-300

OK - someone please explain what Executive Order 50 is mandating...

Here's the scenario: No line officers are around for a call - only blackhats. Does the person who gets in the officer's seat have to have I-300, or is I-200 good enough?? Please be specific if you can.

Thanks
    Last edited by Shoreman22; 02-16-2006 at 09:19 PM.
    Proud member of the IACOJ.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you....

"It seemed like a good idea at the time..."

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Here is the order.....

http://www.state.nj.us/infobank/circular/eoc50.htm

The State Office of Emergency Management shall work with the Emergency Support Function lead agencies to develop a strategy to train: (a) all entry level first responders, including firefighters, police officers, emergency medical services providers, public works on-scene personnel, public health on-scene personnel and other emergency responders, and other emergency personnel that require an introduction to the basic components of the ICS, to the ICS-100: Introduction to ICS level, prior to December 31, 2005; (b) all first line supervisors, single resource leaders, lead dispatchers, field supervisors, company officers and entry level positions (trainees) on Incident Management Teams and other emergency personnel that require a higher level of ICS training to the ICS-200: Basic ICS Basic level, prior to December 31, 2006; (c) all middle management, strike team leaders, task force leaders, unit leaders, division/group supervisors, branch directors and Multi-Agency Coordination System/Emergency Operations Center staff to the ICS-300: Intermediate ICS level, prior to December 31, 2007; and (d) all command and general staff, agency administrators and department heads with on-scene incident management responsibilities, emergency managers, areas commander and Multi-Agency Coordination System/Emergency Operations Center managers to the ICS-400: Advanced ICS level, prior to December 31, 2007. The State Office of Emergency Management also shall work with the Emergency Support Function lead agencies to develop a strategy to provide to elected officials, senior executive, senior managers and agency administrators with policy responsibilities, but without specific ICS or Multi-Agency Coordination System function/roles or responsibilities the ICS-402: ICS Summary for Executives course.

MembersZone Subscriber

Halligan,

I had the order - it doesn't provide a specific answer to this common scenario in volunteer departments. I was curious as to how other companies are addressing this.
    Proud member of the IACOJ.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you....

"It seemed like a good idea at the time..."

MembersZone Subscriber

It looks like you need I-200 by the end of this year for company officers and entry level positions. Since the state already requires I-200 and FF1 for officers, shouldn't be too much of an issue to provide to all of your firefighters. I-300 is still for higher levels of management by my interpretation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Halligan I agree with you. The way I read it all officers need I 200 now. Mid level officers will need 300 by the end of this year and any one who is CHIEF will need 400 by 2007.
    "Let No Firefighters Ghost Return To Say Their Training Let Them Down"

Forum Member

(d) all command and general staff
    This line here makes me interpret this any command officer, which may be a Chief or may be a Lt when no Chief is around.

Then again, I asked someone from the Division of F@cked up Sh@t (DFS) and they had absolutely no clue. Imagine that.

Now, in that order, it says they will work to provide the training, not that they will require it. Is that somewhere else?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

The division usually has to make the rules and implement the programs that are mandated by the legislative or executive branch. It looks like it was approved last year, so we should see something about 3 months before we are required to have it!

Forum Member

Hey guys. Bottom line is we put the wet stuff on the red stuff.

Thread Information