MembersZone Subscriber

Default Nevermind

Nevermind, no longer needed.
    Last edited by WaffleHut; 02-17-2006 at 07:26 PM.

Forum Member

1. The USFA has the technical report available online, 113 pages and you need adobe.

2. I have a very thorough newspaper clipping collection/scrapbook of this fire. Tell me what you are looking for and give me a street address and I can send photocopies of articles of interest. I cant send them all, there is quite a bit- again tell me what you are looking for.

3. I also have a video tape of the fire taken by a professional free-lance news photographer (Philadelphia Fire Films) showing much of the fire beginning at the second alarm and going into the next morning. There are scenes shot from opposite buildings on their upper floors. Incredible footage. Would have to copy it somehow.

I remember that night like it was yesterday. I was a young Philly buff and it was my first exposure to multiple FF fatalities in my "back yard." I made it down there by the time the 4th alarm was transmitted.
    Last edited by FWDbuff; 02-17-2006 at 05:46 PM.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

I am very interested in this fire. From a buff standpoint that is. For a couple of my Fire Science classes in college I did this particular incident as the topic for reports. Lots of great info out there on it. I am just amazed how just a few sprinkler heads did was most of the fire department was not.
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    IACOJ

Forum Member

I understand this is a very old thread... but I am working on some research for the city of philadelphia, and would love to get a copy of the video for One Meridan Plaza. Any chance of this?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moor215 View Post
    I understand this is a very old thread... but I am working on some research for the city of philadelphia, and would love to get a copy of the video for One Meridan Plaza. Any chance of this?
    Which video? There are hundreds......???

MembersZone Subscriber

Have you looked on YouTube?

Forum Member

What kind of research are you doing "FOR" the city?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Which video? There are hundreds......???
    Any video of the fire - at least 3-4 minutes for video. Yes, I searched youtube, and the internet for video of this fire and can not find any... anywhere.

Forum Member

I would suggest not giving this guy a damn thing. Any research being done on behalf of a city who is actively attacking its fire department and therefore its membership should not be supported on a firefighter forum. Especially since this person purposely ignores a simple question.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Send in the Hook View Post
    I would suggest not giving this guy a damn thing. Any research being done on behalf of a city who is actively attacking its fire department and therefore its membership should not be supported on a firefighter forum. Especially since this person purposely ignores a simple question.
    I'm not attacking the city of Philadelphia. I am actually helping the family of a firefighter that was killed in the line of duty. Firefighter James A. Chappell, he was 29 years old.

I was not purposely ignoring the question, I was trying to keep it "hush hush" out of respect. If, for that... you feel the need to have my account locked out or deleted becuase of this... go for it.

Forum Member

I'm not attacking the city of Philadelphia. I am actually helping the family of a firefighter that was killed in the line of duty. Firefighter James A. Chappell, he was 29 years old.
    I have to assume you are an attorney or an intern in a law firm.....You have to forgive us, for most firefighters think lawyers are about as useful as.....well.....a lawyer!

What kind of "help" are you providing the family? I have to believe the lawsuits are all long done and over and forgotten about....???????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    I have to assume you are an attorney or an intern in a law firm.....You have to forgive us, for most firefighters think lawyers are about as useful as.....well.....a lawyer!

What kind of "help" are you providing the family? I have to believe the lawsuits are all long done and over and forgotten about....???????
    No, not ay lawyer. I am actually an ex Firefighter who went into business for myself. I opened a computer networking firm, & computer repair service. The family ask me to put together a video of all the fires their son was involved with. And, of course... this being the most important one. The family has provided some video & pics, but just not enough to fill the length of time they are requesting for the video.

Forum Member

So in other words, you arent doing research "FOR" the city but for a fallen brothers family. COMPLETELY different goals.

Forum Member

I can see this is pointless - great forums, great people... and you have been loads of help. Can you feel the sarcasm?

Thanks for being *******s!!

Forum Member

I am actually an ex Firefighter who went into business for myself. I opened a computer networking firm, & computer repair service.
    Nahhh. Sorry I call BS on that one....If you were/are an Ex FF, you would know where to go for the videos.

Early Adopter

I can see this is pointless - great forums, great people... and you have been loads of help. Can you feel the sarcasm? Thanks for being *******s!!
    If he was a former firefighter... His fuse would be a little longer.

Thread Information