Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Question how exactly are backgrounds conducted?

hey fellas, hopefully someone can help me out. in a past thread i explained that i have a couple of crappy tickets on my record from when i was a minor. the bad thing is that there are 3 of these tickets and they are each in different counties. my question is how exactly do departments go searching for their individual "background" checks? do they call up each county that you lived in? city? state? how exactly do they get their info to eat you up with? and also is there anything that i can do to, well... not necessarily cover them up, but make these tickets look insignificant? i understand that they look to see that there has been some type of change in your life pattern and some restitution for your wrong doings. what can i say or do to "make theses things go away?"

Thanks for any replys. They are appreciated.

MedicBear

MembersZone Subscriber

If they are "crappy" tickets, they should be insignificant on their face. You will make them incredibly significant of you do anything but list them in their appropriate place on the app.

A properly conducted background check (most of them are not) consist of a series of items that will provide information on your past residence, employment, education and conduct. This information is provided by the applicant and is presumed to be truthful. The background check also consists of a series of items that seek to confirm your present situation in the same manner.

You must assume that all info will be verified. That is, if the background check is being conducted properly, it will.

I have conducted numerous background checks for LE applicants. They are labor intensive and require diligence to complete. You can't do one by sitting at the computer. You have to go out and talk to people.

If any info is found to be false, it calls the entire app into question.

MembersZone Subscriber

Let me add that a FD who goes to the trouble of having an applicant fill out a detailed application and then does nothing to verify the information is giuilty of practicing poor due diligence and deserves exactly the quality of employee they get.

Thread Information