Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Member

Most of our money was collected by direct mailing. We got much better response when we shifted from some decades old addressograph plates to computers. We systematically updated the mailing list by driving around with the map books through each box noting new addresses (lots of development in the area). We kept track of what came in and sent out either "Thank you" or "Second notices" as appropriate. Ran two mail funderaisers a year: one for fire and one for EMS.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default We have a good one!

We have a Fire Department Thrift House. Its governed by a seperate board and has employees, but let me tell you it is a huge hit in our community. Its 501c3, its makes a ton of cash even after you pay the employees.

We had problems with a permanent location but once we got them into somthing that was owned and not rented it went well.

I don't have alto to do with it but I do reap alot of rewards as being a member of our Department. They pay for our Health club dues, Our Medflight insurance,(We live on an Island)banquets, rewards,training, you name it.

I can put you in touch with the people that are more involved with it if you email me.....jeremyt@portfridayharbo r.org

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuepimp View Post
    Anyone have anyone fundraising ideas?

My capt isnt to fond on the idea of pass the boot. He feels that its a fourm of begging. Tried to explain the logistics to him. That we provide the service to the community and they can help us out..

We have a funtion hall and are looking for ideas to get a regular gig in there. We already do an elderly dance every other week, but something else would be cool....

Any ideas?
    Well, you guys could try something like this: In addition to our regular weekly (Sunday) bingo, we are currently raffling off THREE Wii play stations in support of the purchase of a new Medic unit. I still have a bunch of tickets, 3.00 each or 2 for 5.00. Draw is Saturday, 1 March at 1100.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

www.medicfirstaid.com

Why not teach the public CPR and First Aid?
    Get set up thought MFA, they sell you the CPR Cards, you sell them to the public after you teach them. Charge $60 per person, helps people from the public.

SMK

Forum Member

Default another idea

How about http://www.CallinanEmergency.com?

Your dept could become an affiliate and sell subscriptions to property owners and receive a nice commission. Each year they renew, you get another commission! This services the community and you make some money for the dept at the same time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firepimp View Post
    Spaghetti dinners work well in this area as well , another district does one once a year.
    There are many different types of food fundraisers. One of the cheapest and fulfilling meals to prepare for a fundraiser is a spaghetti supper. Initially it needs to be decided whether to do this by plate or as an all-you-can-eat buffet. Pasta can be in a variety of shapes appropriate for fundraising programs for sports team, cheerleading squads, school bands, parent teacher associations, and other types of groups. You can earn up to 50% profit.
    Last edited by jinki; 04-19-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Forum Member

Try www.givingshield.com... it's a website for first responders that lets you collect donations online.
    Last edited by MikeA9112; 06-24-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jinki View Post
    There are many different types of food fundraisers. One of the cheapest and fulfilling meals to prepare for a fundraiser is a spaghetti supper. Initially it needs to be decided whether to do this by plate or as an all-you-can-eat buffet. Pasta can be in a variety of shapes appropriate for fundraising programs for sports team, cheerleading squads, school bands, parent teacher associations, and other types of groups. You can earn up to 50% profit.
    Obviously food fundraisers and the associated success is based on a lot of factors.

The ability to coordinating the event with a community event such as a 4th of July celebration.

The demographics of the community >>> low cost vs. higher cost events. Obviously the more you can charge, the more you can make per plate.

Manpower required.

Facilities required.

Up front costs for the food.

Ability to advertise.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Thread Information