An Old Farmer's Advice:
* Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
* Keep skunks and bankers and lawyers at a distance.
* Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
* A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
* Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled.
* Meanness don't jes' happen overnight.
* Forgive your enemies. It messes up their heads.
* Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.
* It don't take a very big person to carry a grudge.
* You cannot unsay a cruel word.
* Every path has a few puddles.
* When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
* The best sermons are lived, not preached.
* Most of the stuff people worry about ain't never gonna happen anyway.
* Don't judge folks by their relatives.
* Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
* Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back,
you'll enjoy it a second time.
* Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.
* Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
* If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
* Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
* The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with, watches
you from the mirror every mornin'.
* Always drink upstream from the herd.
* Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad
* Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it back
* If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin'
somebody else's dog around.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Words of Wisdom
02-20-2006, 11:31 AM #1
Words of WisdomFire Marshal/Safety Officer
"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
Success is when skill meets opportunity
Failure is when fantasy meets reality
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By KEN7606 in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & FundingReplies: 39Last Post: 01-08-2006, 10:58 PM
By GeorgeWendtCFI in forum Fireground TacticsReplies: 11Last Post: 10-12-2005, 11:34 AM
By StayBack500FT in forum The Off Duty ForumsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-14-2005, 08:21 PM
By RyanEMVFD in forum The Off Duty ForumsReplies: 8Last Post: 05-30-2003, 05:50 PM
By speded750 in forum Fire Explorer & Jr. FirefightingReplies: 3Last Post: 11-19-2000, 01:54 AM