Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Forum Member

Smile hello from West Texas

My name is Alan. I'm a 28yo Firefighter/Paramedic for the San Angelo Fire Department. I'm stationed at Station 1 (Central) on B-shift and split my time between the ambulance and the truck. I also work part time as a flight communicator (aka 'dispatcher) for Shannon Medical Center's AirMed1 helicopter. For those that like to know credentials, just ask.

As much as I love west Texas, I'm wanting to hire on at Fort Worth FD. This is to move my family and closer to our extended family. Plus, I grew up in Fort Worth, so it's a hometown to me.

If you work for FWFD and don't mind answering some questions, I'd love to chat with you about the hiring process and your department.

If you don't work for FWFD, I'll talk to you too

Forum Member

i moved to fort worth when i was 7. i am now 15 and live in iowa. i just moved back here to iowa 6 months ago. i lived on the south side of fort worth. a small suburb named Everman, right off I-35 (near f.d station #28) if you know where the miller brewery is. it's a bad place if you like being safe or if you like quiet. the crime is terrible. a man was shot in his car and killed because of the rims he had. terrible place. but i love it. when i graduate from the high school here, i am going to move back to fort worth and apply for an ff position.

the one thing i miss about tx- "ms. baird's bread". they don't make it up here. jack-in the-box and whataburger were great too. i wish they had those up here...but they don't

HI Alan,

I go to that neck of the woods from time to time. Take courses at Goodfellow AFB. There are a few on here that live in Fort Worth. If I see them, I will send them to this thread. I live in East Texas so I'm not too far from FW but don't have any information about the place. Good luck and take care.
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Thread Information