Forum Member

Default These are True Americans

Patriot Guard Riders. GOD Bless you for your service to this country.
    I was just reading about this group which is traveling around the country protecting the military funerals. If you know one of them, Thank them for their service protecting the memory of the fallen.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

maybe a Brother can post where they will be going, even on short notice. keep those freaks in their place, by not letting them desecrate military funerals

MembersZone Subscriber

eh? Neverheard of em. What do they do exactly?
    Fir Na Tine
    Fir Na Au Saol

Forum Member

bunch of bikers that counter a bunch of jesus freaks who believe God is punishing the usa for allowing homosexuality... they have the gall to scream, rant and hold posters praising IED's as God's weapons at any military funeral they can make (like the family hasnt suffered enough). these bikers as peacefully as possible, shut these psychos up and/or try to put them in their place...nice job bikers..

Forum Member

Isn't this the same group of people who protested against FDNY right after 9/11?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingHippo
    Isn't this the same group of people who protested against FDNY right after 9/11?

yea based out of the midwest somewhere..

Forum Member

It would be this wonderful group of people.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/

Basically this whole church is basically one family and their extensions. I have a deep faith, but these people have been around spewing forth vile hatred for years.

This motorcycle group is known for revving up the motorcycles to make sure that the protests are not heard.

Of course I have noticed that these protesters are selective in where they will protest. In certain parts of this country they just might be attending their own funerals for protesting the sacrifices of our great Warriors.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

i read the site.. they may be worse than the towelheads.. and probably inbreed..

Forum Member

Angry I weep for my peeps

Quote Originally Posted by pwrstrkinsmketr
    i read the site.. they may be worse than the towelheads.. and probably inbreed..
    Real good dude It's just that type of narrow minded stereotyping that makes the USA the most hated country in the world.
    IAFF

former FH.com member

Those protesters are real scumbags. I took a short trip through their site. Here is part of their views on our military. (the rest is not fit to post here)

"Why do you picket soldiers' funerals?

These turkeys are not heroes. They are lazy, incompetent idiots looking for jobs because they're not qualified for honest work. "

Sickening. Sadly this is one of their "milder" points of contention about our society.
    Last edited by SAFD46Truck; 02-22-2006 at 01:29 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

These guys have been protesting some military funerals here is South Dakota as recently as a weekend ago...tacky....very tacky

It's one thing to protest to prove a point, it's quite another to interfere and protest at a gathering held for a grieving family ... my opinion anyway

South Dakota just passed a law specifically dealing with protesting funerals simply because of this group. It is now unlawful to protest a funeral from one hour before to one hour after....there are other provisions as well but you get the drift.
    Rick Gustad - Chief
    Platte Volunteer Fire Department
    www.plattevfd.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAFD46Truck
    Those protesters are real scumbags. I took a short trip through their site. Here is part of their views on our military. (the rest is not fit to post here)

"Why do you picket soldiers' funerals?

These turkeys are not heroes. They are lazy, incompetent idiots looking for jobs because they're not qualified for honest work. "

Sickening. Sadly this is one of their "milder" points of contention about our society.

Oh, just give them time. Eventually some comet will fly through the solar system and they'll all drink cool aid and be found days later wearing Nike's.

the 4-1-4

Do not give these whackos any more free publicity anywhere. They are dirt bags, inhumane, thoughtless, and the exact opposite of what Christianity truly stands for.
    Legislation has been passed in my state to make their actions at military funerals illegal, allowing law enforcement to remove them from the funeral site, and charge them with a crime.
    Nice job Governor Doyle!

MembersZone Subscriber
    Wren, MS Until the forum gremlins pay a visit!

Quote Originally Posted by Plattsfire2
    Oh, just give them time. Eventually some comet will fly through the solar system and they'll all drink cool aid and be found days later wearing Nike's.

Chief
    Wren Volunteer Fire Department
    IACOJ
    Southern Division

http://www.wrenfiredepartment.4t.com/

In Memory of:
    FireFighter/Pilot James Archer
    1946-2005
    "Rest in peace James, you now have the ultimate set of wings on you."

Thanks, LeuitEFDems

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowball
    Real good dude It's just that type of narrow minded stereotyping that makes the USA the most hated country in the world.

Break my heart. My $.02 may be "narrow minded" to you, and guess what, I dont care.. But I wont kill people over a cartoon calling it blasphemous to desecrate some "God", but think its perfectly ok beheading people or fly planes into buildings. And I have no problem being "narrow minded" if it keeps these ba$tards from taking over piers in this country...What better place to place a dirty bomb (or worse) than right in the heart of the NY metropolitan area?

And IMNMO, American foreign policy both dem and repub., has sucked the last 40 or so years. So don't blame it all on stereotyping. Call Osama and ask him where he got the weapons and money to fight the Russians in Afghanistan 25 years ago. Biting the hand that feeds you comes to mind.

And I wont go to soldiers funerals screaming you deserved to die, God did 9/11, and we are all blasphemous sodomites, if we dont redeem and join their way. only thing these people are missing are towels on their heads..

And bring your haz mat suit for the next attack.. might be over a cartoon..

http://www.godhatesfags.com/
    Last edited by pwrstrkinsmketr; 02-23-2006 at 12:04 AM.

Forum Member

only thing these people are missing are towels on their heads..

I dont care for your views but that's beside the point. You made the assumption that if you wear a turbin you are automatically labeled a terrorist. That's a broad brush you're painting with there. You should have said funny hats.
    IAFF

Forum Member

http://www.marinetimes.com/story.php...25-1546852.php

February 20, 2006

Bikers drown out funeral protesters

By Ryan Lenz
    Associated Press

FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. — Wearing leather chaps and vests covered in military patches, a band of motorcyclists rolls from one soldier’s funeral to another in hopes their respectful cheers and revving engines will drown out the insults of protesters.

The motorcycle club members calling themselves Patriot Guard Riders are trying to shield mourners from cruel jeers by adherents of a tiny fundamentalist church who picket military funerals to reflect their belief that U.S. combat deaths are a sign God is punishing the United States for harboring homosexuals. Some protesters’ signs said, “Thank God for IEDs,” the improvised explosive devices, or homemade bombs, that kill many U.S. soldiers.

“The most important thing we can do is let families know that the nation cares,” said Don Woodrick, the biker group’s Kentucky captain. “When a total stranger gets on a motorcycle in the middle of winter and drives 300 miles to hold a flag, that makes a powerful statement.”

Across the nation, Patriot Guard Riders number more than 5,000. They show up at soldiers’ funerals to chant patriotic slogans and wave red, white and blue flags in hopes of overshadowing backers of a Kansas clergyman named the Rev. Fred Phelps.

Phelps and members of his Westboro Baptist Church have caused such a fuss that at least 14 states are considering laws aimed at the funeral protests. During the 1990s, church members were known mostly for picketing funerals of AIDS victims, and they have long been tracked as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Intelligence Project in Montgomery, Alabama.

The project’s deputy director, Heidi Beirich, said other groups have tried to counter Phelps’ message, but none have been as organized as the Patriot Guard.

“I’m not sure anybody has gone to this length to stand in solidarity,” she said. “It’s nice that these veterans and their supporters are trying to do something. I can’t imagine anything worse, your loved one is killed in Iraq and you’ve got to deal with Fred Phelps.”

At a recent memorial service at Fort Campbell, church protesters and sang vulgar songs condemning homosexuals and soldiers. The Patriot Guard was also there, cheering to support mourning families across the street as community members came in a freezing rain to chant “U-S-A, U-S-A” alongside the bikers.

“This is just the right thing to do. This is something America didn’t do in the ’70s,” said Kurt Mayer, the Patriot Guard’s national spokesman, referring to the era when protests against the Vietnam war were common. “Whether we agree with why we’re over there, these soldiers are dying to protect our freedoms.”

Shirley Phelps-Roper, a daughter of Fred Phelps and an attorney for the Topeka, Kansas-based church, said neither state laws nor the Patriot Guard can silence their message that God killed the soldiers because they fought for a country that embraces homosexuals.

“The scriptures are crystal clear that when God sets out to punish a nation, it is with the sword. An IED is just a broken-up sword,” Phelps-Roper said. “Since that is his weapon of choice, our forum of choice has got to be a dead soldier’s funeral.”

The church, which is not affiliated with a larger denomination, is made up mostly of Phelps’ extended family. A small group of them appeared last month in West Virginia outside a memorial for the 12 men killed in the Sago Mine disaster. They held signs reading “Thank God for Dead Miners” and “Miners in Hell.”

Kentucky, home to sprawling Fort Campbell, was among the first states to attempt to deal with Phelps legislatively. Its House and Senate have each passed bills that would limit people from protesting within 300 feet of a funeral or memorial service. The Senate version would also keep protesters from being within earshot of grieving friends and family members.

The Indiana Senate has passed a bill intended to prohibit protests within 500 feet (150 meters) of funerals. The House is considering the measure.

The bills were written to protect families of soldiers such as Pvt. Jonathan R. Pfender, 22, of Evansville, Indiana, a soldier from Fort Campbell’s 101st Airborne Division who was killed in January by a roadside bomb in Beiji, Iraq.

Westboro church members protested at Pfender’s funeral, screaming profanities at mourners as they passed. Family members were shielded from the insults by the rumble of Patriot Guard motorcycles.

“We were glad that the Patriot Guard Riders were there,” said Jackie Pfender, the soldier’s stepmother. “This group of protesters wanted to put something negative on Jonathan’s funeral. In actuality, it became a positive thing because of the support we had.”

Patriot Guard members only show up at funerals if invited by family. Richard Wilbur, a retired police detective, said his Indiana Patriot Guard group came to the Pfender funeral at the family’s request after protesters announced they planned to attend.

“No one deserves this,” Wilbur said. “If I were burying my loved one and they were out there yelling anything close to what they yell to the families of these soldiers, I know my temperament. I probably would not handle it very well.”
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Forum Member

jesus freaks
    They definitely don't follow Jesus, despite what they say. 10 minutes in the Word will prove that. I think most of the 'members' ofthis self described Baptist church are in the Phelps family one way or another and blindly following a confused little man that is probably having a hard time repressing his own shortcomings.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowball
    I dont care for your views but that's beside the point. You made the assumption that if you wear a turbin you are automatically labeled a terrorist. That's a broad brush you're painting with there. You should have said funny hats.

Well, I dont care about your views, so were even... BTW, I said towel, never mentioned turban. FYI, Indians wear turbans, arabs don't {kaffiyeh (sp?) i think}. A funny hat usually has a propeller on the top. .

As for broad brushing, c'est la vie. When you have people dancing in the streets within sight of the twin towers, beheading Americans over there to help rebuild their country, well, I really don't trust anyone who thinks by commiting suicide and killing "infidels", they get 72 virgins for the effort.

Which makes me wonder, what are you gonna do with 72 virgins when you blow your wee wee into a million pieces?

As for the muslims here. Sorry don't trust them. The Muslim community on a national level after 9/11 makes me think of an old saying: "Your silence was deafening". And letting Arabs run US ports is like putting the fox into the henhouse. Even with 95% of the cargo coming in not getting inspected, a country that recognizes al-qaeda(sp?) as a legitimate organization, would probably issue them false ID cards or let them work at the NY port.

Which makes these holy rollers almost as bad as the muslims. I don't agree with their views, but if the worst thing they are going to do is scream we are all blasphemous sodomites, I can live with that. But I can lay you 50-1 odds that as much as they love their "God", they wont fly planes into buildings or set off a dirty bomb, or worse. You cant say that about too many muslims.

And mcveigh was more anti government than a religious zealot. We should have had an ebay bid to shoot that SOB.
    Last edited by pwrstrkinsmketr; 03-02-2006 at 09:28 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by transplant
    They definitely don't follow Jesus, despite what they say. 10 minutes in the Word will prove that. I think most of the 'members' ofthis self described Baptist church are in the Phelps family one way or another and blindly following a confused little man that is probably having a hard time repressing his own shortcomings.

Maybe they can fly to Guyana for a kool-aid convention. I won't miss them.

Forum Member

They definitely don't follow Jesus, despite what they say. 10 minutes in the Word will prove that.
    Nope...I checked. The Bible backs every claim they make. The entire book is full of retribution and other nonsense. This is the danger of any religion not kept in check by secular reasoning and common sense. It always amazes me when Christians condemn other Christians, simply for acting on their interpretation of the same book. To think the world used to be controlled by fools like this. They are no better than the barbaric morons who follow radical Islam.

Forum Member

You can make anything mean whatever you want it to, and convince other people of your interpretation too.

MembersZone Subscriber

You can make anything mean whatever you want it to, and convince other people of your interpretation too.
    Not George Wendt

Forum Member

This law was passed by the South Dakota Legislature unanimously and signed by Govenor Rounds. It was declared an emergency because under South Dakota law, new laws passed by the legislature do not go into effect until July 1st unless an emergency is declared.

FOR AN ACT ENTITLED, An Act to prohibit the picketing of funerals under certain circumstances, to provide penalties for the violation thereof, and to declare an emergency.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF SOUTH DAKOTA:
    Section 1. No person may engage in any act of picketing at any funeral service during the period from one hour before the scheduled commencement of the funeral services until one hour after the actual completion of the funeral services.

Any violation of this section is a Class 2 misdemeanor. Each day on which a person violates this section constitutes a separate offense.
    Section 2. Notwithstanding the criminal penalties provided in section 1 of this Act, the circuit court may enjoin conduct proscribed by section 1 of this Act and may in any such proceeding award damages, including attorney fees, or other appropriate relief against any person who is repeatedly found guilty under this Act.
    Section 3. For the purpose of this Act, the term, picketing, means protest activities engaged in by any person stationed within one thousand feet of a funeral service within one hour prior to, during, and one hour following the commencement of any funeral service.
    Section 4. For the purposes of this Act, funeral services are any ceremony, procession, or memorial held in connection with the burial or cremation of a deceased person.
    Section 5. Whereas, this Act is necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, or safety, an emergency is hereby declared to exist, and this Act shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage and approval.

The penalty for a Class 2 misdemeanor is;

(2) Class 2 misdemeanor: thirty days imprisonment in a county jail or two hundred dollars fine, or both.

The court in imposing sentence on a defendant who has been found guilty of a misdemeanor shall order, in addition to the sentence that is imposed pursuant to the provisions of this section, that the defendant make restitution to any victim in accordance with the provisions of chapter 23A-28.

The "church members" in question have picketed some SD soldier's funerals. We will now see if they decide to test the law.

Stay Safe

IACOJ

Forum Member

As vile and detestable as I find these people, it is their right to do so.

This will most likely be challenged, as it should be, and will probably be shot down.

Hence we get the folks with Harleys to drown them out.

Of course I have to wonder where these twits get the money to get so many people to go around the country to so many places to protest.

Thread Information