Forum Member

Exclamation Donations needed!

Hi, I'm a fireman from Gainesville FL., I recently went to Panama and I met with the volunteer Fire Chief and some firefighters from a local rural fire dept. in a small province in the center part of the country, and I could see by myself how they work, fight fires (including wildland fires) and assist with MVC's.
    I was wondering if anyone in the state or somewhere else could point me in the direction where I could get my hands on some pieces of used gear, (helmets, bunker pants, jackets, boots, gloves, teaching material, training videos, ect). Anything would be greatly welcomed and appreciated by these people. I been trying to get some help from the local departments including my own but I haven't been lucky so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Ernesto

MembersZone Subscriber

http://www.helpingourown.org/

This is a great organization. I know they have helped many departments here in the U.S. Go check out their website. If nothing else they may be able to point you in the right direction.

good luck.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Thanks you!

Forum Member

Florida Fire Chiefs' Association

www.ffca.org
    Stupid People.......Providing Job Security to Public Safety Professionals for ........forever

MembersZone Subscriber

While I understand and respect your desire to help fire fighters in Panama, there are many fire departments here in the U.S.A. that lack PPE, apparatus, tools, etc. There are rural fire departments in need of assistance in Mississippi and Louisiana, as well as throughout the country. Personnaly, I would (and have) donate to help U.S. fire departments.
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KenNFD1219
    While I understand and respect your desire to help fire fighters in Panama, there are many fire departments here in the U.S.A. that lack PPE, apparatus, tools, etc. There are rural fire departments in need of assistance in Mississippi and Louisiana, as well as throughout the country. Personnaly, I would (and have) donate to help U.S. fire departments.
    Ken, while I applaude your desire to help your brothers and sisters here in the states, I also applaude the efforts of any brother or sister reaching out a helping hand to brothers and sisters in another country. If you have any contact information that he could use in his efforts, then maybe you could offer them, rather that critisizing him for helping someone else. Excuse me, let me re-word that..... rather that telling him how/what YOU would do.

How does anyone here (other than eacuna himself) know that eacuna hasn't already donated millions of dollars and hundreds or thousands of hours helping brothers and sisters in the US?

just my two shiny pennies....
    Stupid People.......Providing Job Security to Public Safety Professionals for ........forever

Forum Member

Thank you Capt. for your help.

Thread Information